Drive trusted health innovations and unlock analytic insights faster for confident decisions at every moment.
Adopt an end-to-end solution for health data integration, management and analytics.
SAS Health is an end-to-end enterprise solution for data integration, data management, automation and analytics. Consolidate your data under a faster and more productive AI and analytic platform that operates across the entire analytics life cycle, helping you address complex health care topics faster and more effectively.
Facilitate secure, streamlined data access and regulatory compliance.
With SAS Health you can easily ingest data from industry-standard formats, and manage secure access to a variety of health care industry-specific data sources, applications and systems. Support regulatory compliance by creating optimized data models for analytics in one place.
Empower everyone with trusted analytic insights.
With SAS Health, all users across your health care organization and ecosystem can access analytic insights, whether they prefer to code or use a low-code/no-code interface. SAS Viya includes built-in bias monitoring and repeatable explanations of data, models and predictions, which gives you peace of mind for equitable health decisions. This enables you to make transparent, explainable and fair decisions in governed, regulated environments.
Visualize and analyze cohort data.
SAS Health Cohort Builder enables you to build, visualize and analyze patient cohorts and the effect of inclusion/exclusion criteria on patient populations in an interactive, drag-and-drop interface – no coding required. Easily identify population subsets, clinical events and associations to better understand the differences in health outcomes within a specific subpopulation. You can save cohort definitions for reuse, modify them and apply them to other real world data assets for comparisons across populations, saving time and resources. Validate results and do further analysis using in-memory analysis and visualization in SAS or other technologies (e.g., R, Python and third-party visualization tools).
Quickly assemble clinical/chronic events.
SAS Health Episode Builder puts the power to see – and edit – episode definitions in your hands. SAS applies fully documented logic to create episodes of care, and the logical business rules are transparent and auditable at any time. Instead of spending weeks to manually code events, your team can now focus on communicating results to analysts and clinicians.
Visualize and analyze trends in health data to optimize care and costs.
Interactive cohort and episode builders provide easy-to-use, point-and-click interfaces. This makes it easy to identify population subsets, clinical events and associations so you can better understand the differences in health outcomes within a provider network, clinical research or in the general population. Combined with embedded machine learning and AI, these capabilities deliver enhanced insights that you can align with your organizational strategy.
Efficiently adjust for risk and severity in population health or claims data.
SAS Health Episode Builder facilitates risk adjustment through repeatable and transparent processes. Built-in models help analytic leaders understand population-level cost drivers, comorbidities and expected outcomes for specific episodes of care. Financial analysis supports risk management professionals, as well as clinicians who want to optimize treatment pathways.
Simplify health data management and accelerate analytic discovery with an end-to-end enterprise solution for analytics and data automation. Gain valuable insights on the quality and cost of care. Make transparent and explainable decisions in governed, regulated environments. Drive enhanced patient care and outcomes, improved clinician experience, optimized cost management and resources.
Explore More on SAS Health Solutions and Beyond
To browse resources by type, select an option below.
- Select Resource Type
- Analyst Report
- White Paper
- White Paper
- Blog Post
- Book Excerpt
- Case Study
- Customer Story
- Customer Story Advanced analytics helps hospital put patients at the heart of improved outcomes San Martino Polyclinic Hospital uses SAS Visual Analytics on SAS Viya for more patient-focused operations and decisions.
- White Paper Improving HCP Engagement with Digital AnalyticsDigital analytics can facilitate practical insights for enhancing customer experiences and improving digital engagement.
- White Paper The connected patient in decentralized clinical trialsHarnessing the power of real-time technologies and data.
- White Paper Transforming clinical trial design and executionHarnessing the power of real-time technologies and data.
- White Paper The road to health equityHow data and analytics contribute to improving outcomes for all.
- Customer Story Optimizing cancer patient care with advanced analyticsSAS Viya helps create custom care pathways for Oscar Lambret Center cancer patients.
- Customer Story Automated safety reporting protects hospital patients in NorwayHelse Nord uses SAS to automate its hospitals’ processes and halves their workload.
- Customer Story Advanced analytics in the cloud helps international biopharmaceutical group enhance operations and efficiencyChiesi Group uses SAS Viya on SAS Cloud hosted on Microsoft Azure to analyze information in a collaborative platform, streamline processes and efficiently deliver trial results to regulatory authorities.
- Customer Story Hospitals save time and money with real-time medical device tracking Jan Yperman Hospital uses Blyott and SAS Visual Analytics on SAS Viya to monitor hospital asset locations and ensure optimal purchasing decisions.
- Article Are you covering who you think you’re covering? Payers often don't focus enough on healthcare beneficiary fraud in public and private healthcare plans. Before paying a claim, payers need to ensure beneficiaries are eligible. Advanced analytics applied to a broad range of data can help them accurately detect and prevent beneficiary fraud.
- Customer Story Improving data collection and modeling to accelerate predictive medicine effortsDompé farmaceutici uses SAS for predictive analytics and quantitative disease modeling.
- Analyst Report Celent: Insurance Fraud Detection Solutions: Health Insurance, 2022 EditionSAS was named a Luminary in Celent's Insurance Fraud Detection Solutions: Health Insurance, 2022 Edition, excelling in both Advanced Technology and Breadth of Functionality.
- White Paper An Inflection Point for OpioidsData and analytics are crucial as governments confront the evolving drug crisis.
- Article Analytics: A must-have tool for leading the fight on prescription and illicit drug addictionStates and MFCUs now have the analytics tools they need to change the trajectory of the opioid crisis by analysing data and predicting trouble spots – whether in patients, prescribers, distributors or manufacturers. The OIG Toolkit with free SAS® programming code makes that possible.
- Analyst Report dbInsight: SAS Viya is living large on AzureLearn how Azure provides the onramp to a new customer base to take advantage of SAS capabilities without having to make big enterprise software commitments.
- Customer Story SAS Viya and open source: Innovation through collaborationHealth insurer Techniker Krankenkasse works with SAS to build innovative pattern recognition capabilities.
- Customer Story Italy’s second-largest hospital uses advanced analytics for effective pandemic responseGemelli University Hospital uses SAS solutions to predict admissions of patients in the intensive care units and impacts on the organization, from staffing hospital wards to effectively scheduling and managing COVID-19 vaccine administration.
- Customer Story A healthier planet through bioscience innovationThe world’s most sustainable biotech company, Chr. Hansen, uses SAS Analytics to develop effective, natural probiotics for animal health, enabling farmers to produce high-quality, safe food for global consumers.
- Article Public health infrastructure desperately needs modernisationPublic health agencies must flex to longitudinal health crises and acute emergencies – from natural disasters like hurricanes to events like a pandemic. To be prepared, public health infrastructure must be modernised to support connectivity, real-time data exchanges, analytics and visualisation.
- Customer Story Maximizing the reach and impact of an eHealth hubMedical research facility Black Dog Institute partners with SAS to support health care workers’ mental well-being during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Fraud Management, Q3 2021Due to faster changing patterns in payment and nonpayment fraud, risk modeling has transitioned from an annual or semiannual campaign to a continuous activity that financial institutions cannot ignore.
- Customer Story Predictive analytics helps save lives during COVID-19 pandemicFPS Public Health uses SAS to forecast hospital bed occupancy, predict infection rates and ensure sufficient medical staffing during global health crisis.
- Analyst Report Matrix: Payment Integrity In HealthcareAccording to this 2021 report on healthcare payment integrity from Aite, SAS' stability as a vendor, its brand recognition and its desirable product features outpace those of its peers.
- Customer Story Artificial intelligence yields breakthrough innovation in crop scienceBoragen partners with SAS to fight plant disease, protect crops and boost agricultural production sustainably.
- Customer Story Transforming mental health care in California, turning data into insight California's Mental Health Services Oversight and Accountability Commission uses analytics and data management to better serve residents and increase community well-being.
- Customer Story Community outreach and support for COPD patients enhanced through natural language processing and machine learningText analytics and sentiment analysis from SAS help the COPD Foundation provide health resources and emotional support for patients and caregivers.
- Customer Story A data-driven approach to whole person careRiverside County relies on data integration and analytics from SAS to improve the health and well-being of vulnerable Californians.
- Article Finding COVID-19 answers with data and analyticsLearn how data plays a role in optimising hospital resources, understanding disease spread, supply chain forecasting and scientific discoveries.
- Article How health care leaders deployed analytics when crisis hitDuring the COVID-19 pandemic, some health care providers were well-positioned to respond to rapid changes in demand. The factor that most distinguished them was that they already had a strong capacity in place for using data to inform decisions. Read about three key takeaways from their experiences.
- Article Situational awareness guides our responses – routine to crisisMany circumstances call for situational awareness – that is, being mindful of what’s present and happening around you. The COVID-19 pandemic heightened this need, as leaders across industries used analytics and visualization to gain real-time situational awareness and respond with fast, critical decisions.
- Article Saving lives during a global pandemic through medical resource optimisationCleveland Clinic is operationalising analytics to combat COVID-19, creating innovative models that help forecast patient volume, bed capacity, medical equipment availability and more.
- Article Will health care be fundamentally changed post-COVID-19?Many market forces are supporting the transformation to virtual digital health programs -- the COVID-19 pandemic is just the latest compelling event.
- Customer Story Advancing mental health care with predictive analyticsCanada’s Centre for Addiction and Mental Health uses SAS Analytics to improve care and streamline hospital operations.
- Article Analytics leads to lifesaving cancer therapiesA long-shot treatment offers hope to 10-year-old Harrison after he learns the DNA profile of his cancer is resistant to chemo. Find out how data and analytics play a role in cancer research and cancer treatments that are saving lives.
- Article The transformational power of evidence-based decision making in health policyState health agencies are under pressure to deliver better health outcomes while minimising costs. Read how data and analytics are being used to confront our biggest health care challenges head on.
- Customer Story Cancer treatment enters a new era with artificial intelligenceAmsterdam UMC uses analytics and AI solutions from SAS to increase speed and accuracy of tumor evaluations.
- Customer Story Automated laboratories improve uptime with analyticsPredictive service and maintenance keeps Siemens Healthineers lab tests running on time.
- Customer Story Providing the best medical care via analyticsCrouse Hospital improves patient outcomes with data-driven approach.
- Article IoT in health care: Unlocking true, value-based careGiven the potential of IoT – and the challenges of already overburdened health care systems around the world – we can’t afford not to integrate IoT in health care.
- White Paper Understanding Data Streams in IoTThis paper explains how streaming analytics helps you acquire, understand and use real-time, streaming data to make fact-based, automated decisions – and instantaneously react to new information.
- White Paper Fighting Insurance Application Fraud Learn about the advantages of using analytics-driven methods for authenticating applicants to reveal customer gaming, agent gaming and potential future claims fraud.
- White Paper Using Modern Analytics to Save Government Programs MillionsNext-generation analytic tools from SAS cut across data and program silos and empower investigators to go on the offensive with fraud operators – without disrupting the efficient and timely delivery of benefits, services or tax refunds.
- Customer Story Providing rich insight to help clinicians lead the fight against cancerPublic Health England’s National Cancer Registration and Analysis Service provides rich insight to help clinicians lead the fight against cancer
- Article Analytics startup focuses on health care optimizationAnalyzing vast amounts of data is key to optimizing health care outcomes, improving patient satisfaction and lowering total costs.
- White Paper Behavioral Health in the Health Care IT EcosystemThe imperative to advance infrastructure and analytics to move toward whole-person care
- White Paper Text Analytics for ExecutivesThis paper looks at how organizations in banking, health care and life sciences, manufacturing and government are using SAS text analytics to drive better customer experiences, reduce fraud and improve society.
- E-Book Making Sense of AIThis e-book explores the current boundaries of AI, as well as the many ways that modern AI applications can improve our understanding of the world and enable us to make better, faster decisions.
- Article Using analytics to prevent deadly infections Dignity Health’s Bio-Surveillance Program predicts new sepsis cases, allowing early intervention and saving lives.
- Article Health care cost containment through big data analyticsHealth insurers are plagued by fraud, waste and abuse. For health care cost containment, an enterprise approach to payment integrity using data management and analytics can help. With this approach, payers can detect and prevent fraud; influence provider, employee and patient behavior; and substantially reduce costs.
- White Paper Achieving program integrity for health care cost containmentLearn how taking an enterprise approach to payment integrity – one that combines advanced data management and sophisticated analytics – can help payers detect and prevent fraud; effect positive change in how providers, employees and patients behave; and substantially reduce health care costs.
- White Paper Institutionalizing Real-World EvidenceSee the seven key components life sciences organizations must have in place to provide structure to the quest for real-world evidence – and four ways to take it to the next level.
- Article Detecting health care claims fraudHealth care claims fraud could represent as much as 10 percent of total claims cost. Learn how to fight back with analytics.
- Article Can data sharing lead to cancer discoveries?Clinical trials can bring new drugs – and new hope – to the market for cancer patients. Now, a new data sharing platform for clinical trial data brings even more hope.
- Article Analytics for prescription drug monitoring: How to better identify opioid abusePrescription drug monitoring programs (PDMPs) are a great start in combating abuse of prescription drugs, but they could be doing much more. Better data and analytics can inform better treatment protocols, provider education and policy decisions – and save lives.
- E-Book Innovation driven by strategyFrom curing diseases to studying the sun, innovative uses of analytics are changing the world. Download this e-book to see where tomorrow’s technologies are happening today. You’ll find out how analytics technologies are being used for cybersecurity, machine learning, the Internet of Things and more. If you’re looking for inspiration, see where this e-book takes you.
- White Paper The Evolution of AnalyticsLearn about modern applications for machine learning, including recommendation systems, streaming analytics, deep learning and cognitive computing. And learn from the experiences of two companies that have successfully navigated organizational and technological challenges to adopt machine learning and embark on their own analytics evolution.
- Article How researchers are fighting cancer with analyticsThanks partly to analytics, cancer survival rates are higher, treatments are more personalized and cancer research continues to expand.
- Article Stopping the Zika virus: The potential of big data, analyticsHow do you stop global outbreaks? The answer may be in the data about the disease and how it spreads.
- White Paper Optimize Your Launch Sequence StrategiesThis white paper explores how the SAS® solution for launch revenue optimization enables global pricing teams to simulate and optimize launch timing and pricing decisions based on the predicted effect on global revenue.
- Article Why you should care about episode analyticsThe future of value-based health care requires a better understanding of how patients are treated for thousands of conditions. Only episode analytics can uncover the insights payers and providers need.
- Article Big data in health careThere's enormous potential for big data in health care: Individualized medical treatment, improved processes, reduced waste and so much more. See how three health care organizations are leading the way.
- White Paper An Analytic PrescriptionAt the May 2014 SAS Health Analytics Executive Conference, industry leaders from Dignity Health, Highmark Health, Eli Lilly Company, and SAS shared what they have done to prove the value of analytics to their business leaders and develop an analytic culture in their organizations.
- White Paper The Road to Value-Based Health CareThis paper describes the transformative tools that use advanced analytics to help health care organizations balance the goals of cost reduction and quality improvement through analysis of episodes of care.
- Customer Story Knowing the who, informs the whatThe New Zealand Ministry of Health established the Virtual Data Registry to more accurately identify diabetes sufferers and citizens likely to contract diabetes. They'll use the database to inform policy and spending decisions that will ensure better care for those patients.
- White Paper Empowering Life Sciences With Secure, Accessible InformationTo adapt to regulatory and market pressures, life sciences companies must redefine the way they manage essential data assets. The desired state parallels the hub-and-spoke model, with the centralized information repository being the hub and various users and uses of that information being the spokes. This white paper describes five keys to achieving this model, and the benefits it delivers.
- White Paper End-to-End Management of Clinical Trials DataThis white paper discusses how bringing together granular, well-documented clinical data will lead to shorter trials, improve the modeling of new trials before a therapy is tested on a patient, and lead to higher-quality drug submissions to authorities.
- E-Book Powering Health Innovation with AIThere is no doubt: AI has the potential to transform health care. The most recent SAS Hackathon showcased how the transformative power of analytics can spark health care innovation. The Hackathon was entirely conducted on a Microsoft Azure cloud infrastructure to facilitate the agile analysis and visualization of big data.
- White Paper Modernizing Healthcare Analytics on the Cloud: Experiences from the Front LinesDramatic changes in the health care industry over the past decade have ratcheted up the demand for big data analytics while simultaneously highlighting the information risks associated with data protection and the benefits of utilizing advanced analytics to improve health outcomes, equity and quality. Many organizations are turning to cloud computing to modernize their analytics life cycle, yet sometimes they face unexpected roadblocks along the way.
- White Paper How Public Sector Agencies Can Use Analytics to Lead Through CrisisWhen public service leaders need to make vital decisions quickly – to guide people through a crisis and save lives – data analytics is essential.
- White Paper Building Data-Driven Supply-Chain Resilience for 2020 - and BeyondThis paper explores the many ways implementing next-generation best practices and technologies can improve supply chain performance today and tomorrow.
- White Paper Industry Overview The Speed of Digital Disruption: Sustaining Transformation in Health Care and Life SciencesAn expert study investigating the challenges, successes and hopeful future state of the health care and life sciences industry.
- E-Book What's Next for Life Sciences?The unique challenges of the coronavirus pandemic forced life sciences companies to respond to change more rapidly than ever before. Only the companies that are nimble, innovative and able to act quickly – while maintaining regulatory and scientific standards – will succeed in addressing the immediate needs of the crisis and beyond.
- White Paper Fighting the Rising Tide of Medicaid FraudMedicaid fraud has jumped dramatically in the era of COVID, as increasing complexity of delivery and payment models, along with increased funding, has created openings for fraudsters, including organized crime.
- White Paper Decentralized clinical trials: From evolution to revolutionExplore the evolution of innovation in clinical research in recent years, including the challenges sponsors face adopting new approaches and the positive impact of modernization and decentralized trials.
- Webinar Why Clinical Trial Enrollment Simulation Is Critical to the Success of Your TrialThis webinar, part of our Analytics in 20 series, explores how life sciences companies can use analytics to make more strategic enrollment decisions
- Webinar From Idea to Action: The Keys to Real-World Evidence and AnalyticsReal-world data is the latest industry buzz, but is it that valuable? Without the power of analytics, it might not be.
- Webinar Wake-Up Call: Modernizing Public Health PracticesNow is the time to recognize trends and changes in public health and face down challenges by adapting and modernizing
- SAS® Asset Performance AnalyticsHarness M2M and sensor data to boost uptime, performance and productivity while lowering maintenance costs and reducing your risk of revenue loss.
- SAS® Clinical Enrollment SimulationBuild and evaluate faster, more strategic enrollment plans using simulation.
- SAS® Customer Intelligence 360Find more profitable growth opportunities and amplify your marketing initiatives.
- SAS® Life Science Analytics FrameworkEfficiently manage the transformation, analysis and reporting of clinical trials data with a single, cloud-based pharma analytics framework.
- SAS® Payment Integrity for Health CarePrevent, detect and manage payment integrity issues from every angle.
- SAS® Viya®Benefit from faster data integration, effective model development and reduced cloud costs.