To browse resources by type, select an option below.
- Select One
- Analyst Report
- Executive Brief
- Fact Sheet
- Industry Overview
- Product Brief
- Overview Brochure
- Solution Brief
- White Paper
- White Paper
- Blog Post
- Book Excerpt
- Case Study
- Customer Story
Analytics Accelerates Monetization Opportunities for Connected Vehicle and Mobility Services
Learn how automakers and their partners are using IoT data and analytics to help them reshape business models, seize new sources of revenue and develop inventive ways to better serve customers.
- Article Internet of things applications across multiple industriesLearn about existing Internet of Things applications in five industries, and get advice on how to develop your own Internet of Things applications.
- Analyst Report Bloor InBrief: SAS Event Stream ProcessingLearn why Bloor considers SAS a major contender in the market for streaming analytics platforms due to SAS’ differentiating analytic capabilities, notable performance and continuous improvement of in-stream models using machine learning.
The Analytics Mandate: The Best Products Are Made With Insights
To be successful, CPG companies must work with their retailer partners to maximize online awareness while minimizing its impact on other channels. As global consumption increases, investments must be managed in emerging markets while maintaining market share in mature markets. For CPG companies, it’s a constant balancing act and more than ever analytics is needed to gain business advantage.
- Customer Story Building materials leader optimizes production using analyticsUSG Corporation relies on SAS to improve its manufacturing process and reduce downtime, costs and energy consumption.
- Webinar Solving the Dilemma of Smart Things for IT LeadersDiscover the similarities between AI and IoT – and how together they help make organizations smarter, more innovative and more agile.
- White Paper Building Data-Driven Supply-Chain Resilience for 2020 - and BeyondThis paper explores the many ways implementing next-generation best practices and technologies can improve supply chain performance today and tomorrow.
The Evolution of Analytics
Learn about modern applications for machine learning, including recommendation systems, streaming analytics, deep learning and cognitive computing. And learn from the experiences of two companies that have successfully navigated organizational and technological challenges to adopt machine learning and embark on their own analytics evolution.
- White Paper Disruptive Technologies in Process IndustriesLeaders at process manufacturers are enthusiastically adopting disruptive technologies to shore up operations and supply chains and to keep pace with competitors. And the emergence of these technologies is quickening as we speak.
Drive Next-Generation Customer Experiences with Real-Time Connected Product and Service Analytics
SAS, Hortonworks and Intel can help you embrace technologies and processes to anticipate a wide range of customer needs, providing the foundation for next-generation customer experiences.
Improving Inventory Replenishment for Retail Product Promotions
This paper describes how inventory optimization solutions must better mimic real-world conditions to accommodate promotional demands in order to truly optimize the replenishment process.
- Webinar Manufacturing Innovation Through AnalyticsA recent, multiyear study by the MIT Sloan Management Review uncovered new insights into the way innovation through analytics is changing manufacturing. From creating unprecedented efficiency and growth through real-time data analysis, to the development of new algorithms that augment processes and create innovative new business strategies.
- Article Connected vehicles: IoT steers a new direction for OEMsWith IoT and analytics, automakers and their partners can reshape business models, find new ways to monetize data and serve customers better.
- Webinar IoT Analytics: How to Make Your IoT Data Work for YouJoin Pinnacle Solutions and SAS to learn how you can use IoT analytics to make your IoT data work for you.
- White Paper Industry Overview Using Machine Learning and Demand Sensing to Enhance Short-Term ForecastingEffective supply chain management is critical to ensure the timely replenishment of products by properly managing the movement and storage of raw materials and finished goods from the point-of-origin to the point-of-consumption.
Quality 4.0 Impact and Strategy Handbook
Quality 4.0 isn't really a story about technology. It's about how that technology improves culture, collaboration, competency and leadership.
Using Multitiered Causal Analysis to Improve Demand Forecasts and Optimize Marketing Strategy
Multitiered causal analysis (MTCA) enables consumer packaged goods (CPG) manufacturers to measure the impact of marketing on retail consumer demand and perform what-if analysis to predict and maximize future demand. This case study excerpted from the book Demand-Driven Forecasting, by Charles Chase of SAS, shows how one beverage manufacturer employed MTCA to improve its demand forecasts and optimize marketing strategy.
Combining Analytics and Structured Judgment: A Step-By-Step Guide for New Product Forecasting
New product launches are the most difficult to forecast. The uncertainty associated with a new product is much greater than that of forecasting older, more mature products. This uncertainty and the lack of historical data make traditional time series techniques unreliable. But using historical data associated with similar, previously launched products, combined with your domain knowledge in a structured process, can be an effective approach to forecast the demand for new products.
IoT Analytics in Practice
this paper will help business decision makers make informed investment decisions about the future of their own IoT analytics projects
Artificial Intelligence for Executives
This paper outlines the SAS approach to AI and explains key concepts. It also provides process and implementation tips if you are considering adding AI technologies to your business and analytical strategies.
- Webinar How Analytics Can Reduce Warranty Cost and Make You a Quality Leader Learn how analytics helps manufacturers detect issues, find the root causes and act quickly to eliminate them.
Four Use Cases Show Real-World Impact of IoT
This TDWI e-book explores in detail what IoT means and does for retailers, the automotive industry, state and local governments working with utilities firms, and the manufacturing industry. Common themes include connectedness, data-driven insights, predictive capabilities and transformation.
- White Paper Demand Planning Maturity Model
- Customer Story Artificial intelligence and IoT analytics keep aircraft operational for crucial missionsLockheed Martin revolutionizes aircraft maintenance with the SAS Platform.
- Webinar Taking IoT to the edge with the Analytics of ThingsTaking advantage of the Internet of Things means thinking about your analytics approach in a whole new way. This on-demand webinar explains how.
- Article Modern manufacturing's triple play: Digital twins, analytics, IoTUsing exact duplicates to manage complex systems dates to NASA’s early moon missions. Today, IoT is key to implementing digital twin technology in manufacturing.
- White Paper Computer vision for product qualityExplore how manufacturers can address product quality challenges with the latest advances in computer vision by using analytics-driven intelligence wherever it’s needed – from the edge to the cloud.
- E-Book Internet of Things: Understanding the JourneyWhether your focus is business outcomes or technology challenges, this guide provides the insights to accelerate your IoT journey.
Assisted Demand Planning Using Machine Learning for CPG and Retail
Intelligent automation techniques can be applied to all kinds of activities across your organization to reduce the everyday repetitive work while uncovering key insights to improve the effectiveness of your processes, as well as your workforce.
Better Forecasting With Next-Generation Demand Management
The multitude of forces affecting the relationship between demand and supply are set to expand their influence. Smart leaders will take advantage of the flood of digital data to better understand those forces to make more accurate and predictive supply chain decisions.
- Webinar Operationalizing AI in ManufacturingMore manufacturers are investing in artificial intelligence, but most are still struggling to make sense of it. Learn why harnessing the power of AI is key to success.
- Article Situational awareness guides our responses – routine to crisisMany circumstances call for situational awareness – that is, being mindful of what’s present and happening around you. The COVID-19 pandemic heightened this need, as leaders across industries used analytics and visualization to gain real-time situational awareness and respond with fast, critical decisions.
- Customer Story Analytics turns service repair data into cost savingsAmerican Honda turns to SAS to help make sense of warranty and service data.
- Article AI in manufacturing: New opportunities for IT and operationsAn AI survey reveals that leaders and early adopters in AI are making important advances and are identifying and expanding on what works as they use AI in more ways and more parts of their organizations.
- Analyst Report Data Analytics at the Edge
- White Paper Understanding Data Streams in IoTThis paper explains how streaming analytics helps you acquire, understand and use real-time, streaming data to make fact-based, automated decisions – and instantaneously react to new information.
Charging Ahead with EV Analytics
This white paper from Navigant Research, sponsored by SAS and Intel, explores the analytics infrastructure that is needed to prepare for and benefit from the growth of EVs
- Customer Story IoT data with artificial intelligence reduces downtime, helps truckers keep on truckingVolvo Trucks and Mack Trucks use sensor data and SAS AI solutions to minimize unplanned downtime.
- Webinar Building Data-Driven Supply Chain Resilience for 2020 and BeyondLearn how companies of all sizes are using improved capture and analysis of demand data to build more resilient supply chains.
- E-Book Analytics Really Do MatterThis LNS Research report explores the results of the 2018 Analytics That Matter survey and the unexpected (and interesting) responses from companies on their journey toward digital transformation.
Drive Next-Generation Performance With Real-Time Connected Manufacturing
This special report sponsored by SAS, Intel and Hortonworks explores how manufacturers are capitalizing on the promise of the IoT, creating new value streams and revolutionizing the relationship with markets.
- Customer Story Vorausschauende technische Diagnosen
Demand Signal Analytics
There are challenges to becoming a demand-driven organization. Many of the data sources are new for most companies, so ownership, expertise and governance are important. Many executives say that their organizations are still in the early stages of data integration and cleansing due to poor data quality and lack of internal skills for maximizing analytic benefits. What does it take to move toward becoming an organization that can take full advantage of its data using predictive analytics? In this paper, industry expert Charles Chase explains the tools you will need to become a demand-sensing master.
The Connected Vehicle. Big Data, Big Opportunities
The opportunities for the automotive industry are enormous as the number of connected vehicles is projected to outpace global population growth for the next 10 years. The data collected from these vehicles, up to 30 terabytes each day, will have wide-reaching implications for drivers and manufacturers alike.
- Customer Story Technology manufacturing backed by data transparencyVecima Networks optimizes its production process with SAS Visual Analytics.
- E-Book 5 Steps to Accelerate Value From Your Industrial IoT Data This e-book features five steps industrial leaders can follow to get more value from IIoT data. It describes how to craft a comprehensive IIoT strategy, what to look for in an edge-to-enterprise analytics solution, and how to evaluate IIoT solutions.
- Webinar Disruptive Technologies in Process ManufacturingDiscover the potential changes disruptive technologies can have on process manufacturers and why implementing them is the key to a competitive edge.
- Analyst Report IDC Perspective: Highlights from the 2018 European SAS Conference for Industry AnalystsThis IDC Perspective summarizes key takeaways from the annual European SAS Conference for Industry Analysts.
- White Paper Four Elements of Sustainability AnalyticsDirectors at consumer-packaged goods manufacturers who embrace sustainability grow their revenue while improving lives and environmental outcomes.
Modern manufacturing’s triple play: Digital twins, analytics and the Internet of Things
Technologies to recreate a digital version of some of the world’s most complex machines present new opportunities for analytics and the IoT. Learn how manufacturers worldwide can monitor equipment from anywhere in the world.
- Webinar Demand Planning During Uncertainty: Forecasts, Models & Manufacturing AnalyticsLearn how analytics helps manufacturers generate reliable, demand-driven forecasts and improve recovery efforts.
- Webinar The Industrial Internet of Things: Secrets to Finding ROI TodayLearn how the industrial Internet of Things is uncovering new, real-world opportunities for cost savings and revenue growth every day.
Text Analytics for Executives
This paper looks at how organizations in banking, health care and life sciences, manufacturing and government are using SAS text analytics to drive better customer experiences, reduce fraud and improve society.
- Customer Story Manufacturing smarter, safer vehicles with analyticsKia Motors America relies on advanced analytics and artificial intelligence solutions from SAS to improve its products, services and customer satisfaction.
- White Paper Strategic Supply Chain Planning: Three Key Priorities of the Chief Supply Chain Officer, Strategic Supply Chain Planning
Making Sense of AI
This e-book explores the current boundaries of AI, as well as the many ways that modern AI applications can improve our understanding of the world and enable us to make better, faster decisions.
- Webinar Putting AI and Machine Learning to Work in Human Resources This webinar discusses how HR executives who succeed with AI and machine learning will be best positioned to lead their organizations in crisis and recovery.
- White Paper Using Advanced Analytics to Model, Predict, and Adapt to Changing Consumer Demand Patterns Affected by COVID-19SAS advanced analytics and predictive modeling tools can help businesses understand demand, adjust strategies, and emerge stronger and more agile than ever.
- Webinar Optimizing Manufacturing Quality and Yield With SAS Analytics Join us to learn how SAS advanced analytics can help manufacturers identify leading causes of unwanted variation and recommend optimal set points to maximize quality.
A Practical View of New Product Forecasting
In this paper, SAS and Virginia Commonwealth University School of Business examine the current state of new product forecasting and provide a clear, current look at how your peers are using analytics and technology to improve their new product forecasting capabilities.