The public sector is facing unprecedented times.
Public sector agency leaders are expected to make decisions that will ensure the safety and well-being of individuals, families and communities. As confirmed cases of COVID-19 mount worldwide, it is imperative that agency leaders transform their decision making to better leverage data and analytics to support those decisions. With analytic insights based on all available information, leaders can be confident that their decisions will deliver the best possible outcomes for the people they serve.
- Contact Tracing Investigations for Public Health
- Situational Awareness & Critical Response Analysis
- Social Benefits Emergency Program Delivery
- Public Sector Finance
Contact Tracing Investigations for Public Health
SAS helps public health officials and investigators make sense of overwhelmingly complex disease events, manage the velocity of alerts and understand disease spread. Our comprehensive solution enables you to proactively identify risk contacts and superspreaders by combining:
- Robust link analysis.
- Text and geospatial search and analysis.
- Interactive network building.
- Entity generation.
- Contact analysis.
Situational Awareness & Critical Response Analysis
During the COVID-19 pandemic, organizations must make continual, critical decisions at a rapid pace. Lives and businesses are on the line – and there has never been a greater need for timely, accurate data to ensure the best outcomes. Armed with data-driven decisions, you can respond effectively to high-risk, high-stress situations now, and come out of this crisis in a position of strength. Through real-time situational awareness, SAS is helping ensure that decision makers can:
- Predict peaks.
- Maximize resources.
- Work together from a common operating picture.
- Know instantly when threats begin to reemerge.
Social Benefits Emergency Program Delivery
As the COVID-19 pandemic and its social and economic impacts unfold, governments are creating new programs and expanding existing ones to help protect the financial stability of individuals and families. These efforts include identifying and getting benefits to the people who need them most, increasing benefit delivery capacity, and safeguarding against operational and financial risks by:
- Meeting the urgent need to understand enrollment patterns and anticipate growth while assessing operational risks and policy needs.
- Predicting and mitigating risks by optimizing case management and service delivery (such as staffing requirements and fraud prevention efforts) while adapting to the pace of ongoing changes.
- Rebuilding or reducing programs as people return to a firmer financial footing, and reassessing outcomes and expectations to reimagine future policy changes in the near and long term.
Public Sector Finance
In addition to addressing the immediate needs of individuals, families and communities affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, many public sector agencies have a longer-term mandate to ensure they can continue to fulfill their agency missions with reduced resources and revenues. SAS provides critical analytics to support public sector agencies with situational awareness in the midst of rapidly evolving economic conditions. For example, SAS helps departments and ministries of labor:
- Understand the impact of COVID-19 on industries by providing insight into population trends in unemployment claims filing.
- Make data-driven decisions to ensure that funding goes to the programs and services with the most critical needs.
- Project expected revenue over the medium and long term, and identify and prioritize the programs and services that will benefit constituents the most.