Meet peak computing demands reliably and cost-effectively.
Balance your workload.
As your organization's use of business analytics grows, so does the need for a flexible IT infrastructure that can scale to increasingly diverse workloads. Easily reassign computing resources to meet peak demand. A central point of control lets you queue and prioritize jobs across multiple users and applications. High-priority jobs run immediately and computing resources are fully utilized.
Be ready for anything.
Having multiple servers in a grid environment means that if a server fails, its jobs transition seamlessly to another server. With a highly available, shared grid environment, you're always on and always connected. You can perform maintenance on specific servers without interrupting jobs. And add computing resources without disrupting the business.
Divide and conquer.
Now you can get faster results and scale cost-effectively. Divide individual jobs into subtasks that are run in parallel on the best available hardware. Programs with large data sets and long run times, and those with replicate runs of independent tasks running against large data sets, are best-suited for multiprocessing. Make the most of all your available computing resources now, then add single-processing units as needed to keep IT spending in check.
Get to Know SAS® Grid Manager
Explore More on SAS® Grid Manager & Beyond
To browse resources by type, select an option below.
- Select resource type
- Analyst Report
- Executive Brief
- Fact Sheet
- Industry Overview
- Product Brief
- Overview Brochure
- Solution Brief
- White Paper
- White Paper
- Blog Post
- Book Excerpt
- Case Study
- Customer Story
- White Paper SAS® Grid Computing – What They Didn’t Tell YouJoin Austria’s Erste Group Bank on their journey from a monolithic SAS processing environment to a more flexible infrastructure using SAS Grid Manager software.
- E-Book SAS Grid Computing For Dummies, Second EditionBy implementing a SAS Grid Computing environment, you can better balance and manage workloads, use resources to their full extent, and increase productivity and overall performance. This e-book tells you how.
- White Paper Outcompete by Outcomputing With SAS Grid Manager on Red Hat Enterprise LinuxLearn how SAS Grid Manager with Red Hat Enterprise Linux configurations demonstrate robust performance and a scalable environment using commodity hardware and a wide variety of shared file systems.
- Customer Story Achieving academic and operational excellence through business intelligenceCurtin University uses SAS Visual Analytics to provide reporting across the organization.
- Customer Story Building materials leader optimizes production using analyticsUSG Corporation relies on SAS to improve its manufacturing process and reduce downtime, costs and energy consumption.
- Customer Story Ensuring mental health patient safety during a global pandemicSAS delivers dashboard to monitor COVID-19 in the Copenhagen Regional Psychiatric Centers.
Check out these grid-enabled SAS products, built on the powerful SAS® Platform.