Transform data into the best decisions
Recent Analytics Insights
- Key questions to kick off your data analytics projectsThere’s no single blueprint for starting a data analytics project. Technology expert Phil Simon suggests considering these ten questions as a preliminary guide.
- Analytics can help prevent substance use disorder and over-prescribingStates and MFCUs now have the analytics tools they need to change the trajectory of the opioid crisis by analyzing data and predicting trouble spots – whether in patients, prescribers, distributors or manufacturers. The OIG Toolkit with free SAS® programming code makes that possible.
- What do drones, AI and proactive policing have in common?Law enforcement and public safety agencies must wrangle diverse data sets to be effective in their operations. Intelligence analysts are using that data to apply machine learning and AI for more proactive policing.
- 데이터 사이언티스트 만나기: Kristin Carney대학에서 수학을 전공한 Kristin Carney는 졸업할 당시만 해도 공부한 지식을 어떻게 살려야 할지 확신이 들지 않았습니다. 이 때부터 그녀는 데이터 과학을 연구하기 시작했습니다.
- 데이터 사이언티스트 만나기: Daymond LingDaymond Ling은 성공적인 데이터 사이언티스트가 되기 위해서는 기술적 능력보다 올바른 인성을 갖추는 것이 중요하다고 생각합니다.
- 데이터 사이언티스트 만나기: Colin Nugteren데이터 사이언티스트 겸 CAO인 Colin Nugteren는 매일매일이 다르지만 한 가지 변하지 않는 것이 있다고 합니다. 바로 SAS® Visual로 하루의 업무를 마치는 것입니다.
- Using data to change the worldApplying data science for social good has led to new and creative ways to address issues related to education, poverty, health, human rights, the environment and more.
- Proactive detection – A new approach to counter terrorTo counter terror, investigative teams can better utilize the data they already have by applying a fresh approach with these steps to proactive detection.
- Artificial intelligence, machine learning, deep learning and moreArtificial intelligence, machine learning and deep learning are set to change the way we live and work. How do they relate and how are they changing our world?
- 빅 데이터를 활용해 캐나다 청소년의 자살 위험을 예측자살은 캐나다 청소년 사망 원인 중 두 번째를 차지합니다. 위험에 처한 십대들을 구해내는 데 빅 데이터와 분석 기술을 어떻게 활용할 수 있는지 알아봅니다.
- Supporting indigenous communities with analyticsThough indigenous women are a small part of Canada's population, they account for a disproportionately large number of Canada's murder victims. Now, big data and analytics are being used to help improve outcomes.
- What is omnichannel analytics?Omnichannel analytics used to mean recognizing and marketing to customers across all channels. Now, smart retailers know it can, and must, mean so much more.
- Concussion: Journalist crunches the numbers and breaks a scandalHow Pulitzer Prize-nominated journalist Alan Schwarz used his stats background to achieve the most remarkable feat in sports journalism history.
- The University of Alabama makes better decisions through education analyticsAt the University of Alabama, the Office of Institutional Research and Assessments use analytics and data visualizations to uncover better student outcomes.
- People analytics: Make smarter decisionsWith deep insights gained from people analytics, HR leaders can become trusted, strategic advisers to hiring managers and the executive team.
- 5 machine learning mistakes and how to avoid themMachine learning is not magic. It presents many of the same challenges as other analytics methods. Learn how to overcome those challenges and incorporate this technique into your analytics strategy.
- What’s powering the digital economy? The analytics economy. From the digital economy to the app economy, technology is changing the way we do business and manage resources. Find out how the analytics economy can help you make the most of your data resources.
- Analytics tackles the scourge of human traffickingVictims of human trafficking are largely invisible. And they're all around us. Now organizations are applying analytics to combat the problem -- and are achieving initial success.
- Three C’s of the connected customer in the IoTTo optimize the connected customer experience, Blue Hill Research says organizations should build an IoT model based on three key features.
- Can data sharing help cure cancer?Clinical trials can bring new drugs – and new hope – to the market for cancer patients. Now, a new data sharing platform for clinical trial data brings even more hope.
Send SAS Insights straight to your inbox