FRAUD & SECURITY INSIGHTS
Protect your data, protect your customers
Recent Fraud & Security articles
- Unemployment fraud meets analytics: Battle lines are clearly drawnMany fraudsters seized opportunities presented by the COVID-19 pandemic. During the crisis, unemployment fraud became a battleground between international criminal networks and government agencies. Learn how analytics can save billions – and deliver benefits to those truly in need.
- Managing fraud risk: 10 trends you need to watchSynthetic identities, credit washing and income misrepresentation – these are just some of the trends to watch if you’re trying to understand how to manage fraud risk. Find out what’s on the top 10 list of trends according to experts like Frank McKenna and Mary Ann Miller.
- Continuous monitoring: Stop procurement fraud, waste and abuse nowProcurement fraud, waste and abuse silently robs businesses an average of 5% of spend annually. And even when organizations invest in detection methods, they’re often let down by their techniques. Learn what continuous monitoring is and why this proven analytical method is key to fighting back.
- Next generation anti-money laundering: robotics, semantic analysis and AIAnti-money laundering taken to its next level is sometimes referred to as AML 2.0 or AML 3.0. What does this next wave of AML technology look like? What can it do that you can’t do with traditional AML? See the results innovative financial institutions around the globe are already getting.
- The state of insurance fraud technologyA 2019 Coalition Against Insurance Fraud study surveyed 84 companies on their use of anti-fraud technologies and compared results to 2014 and 2016. Get the highlights here.
- How AI and advanced analytics are impacting the financial services industryTop SAS experts weigh in on the topics that are keeping institutions up at night and fraudsters in a job.
- Applying technology to ensure voter integrity in electionsVoter integrity is becoming a serious concern for many elections. Recent disclosures of foreign influence campaigns using social media highlight the potential impact on the integrity of the democratic process. In monitoring your systems, technology can identify both legitimate and fraudulent activity; the balancing act is to minimize the impact on legitimate activity while preventing acts of cyber-criminals and fraudsters.
- Analytics: A must-have tool for leading the fight on prescription and illicit drug addictionStates and MFCUs now have the analytics tools they need to change the trajectory of the opioid crisis by analyzing data and predicting trouble spots – whether in patients, prescribers, distributors or manufacturers. The OIG Toolkit with free SAS® programming code makes that possible.
- Detect and prevent banking application fraudSince credit fraud often starts with a falsified application, it makes sense to have analytics-driven tools in place to detect fraud from the earliest point and across the life of the account.
- Medicaid and benefit fraud in 2018 and beyondTo curb the growing amount of Medicaid and benefit fraud and improper payments, agencies and their commercial counterparts need fraud and abuse detection systems with data management and analysis that can keep up and even stay one step ahead.
- Strengthen your payment fraud defenses with stronger authenticationThe rapid growth of digital wallets and payment applications has ushered in new payment fraud threats to consumers and organizations. Find out how the use of innovative technologies to combat payment fraud is a viable and effective solution with additional benefits.
- What do drones, AI and proactive policing have in common?Law enforcement and public safety agencies must wrangle diverse data sets – such as data from drones – in their proactive policing operations. To be most effective, they need modern tools that support AI techniques like machine learning, computer vision and natural language processing.
- 사기 탐지 방식을 변화시킬 4가지 전략기술의 발전에 힘입어 금융 기관들은 그 어느 때보다 우수한 사기 탐지 기능으로 무장하고 있습니다. 방어망를 대폭 강화할 수 있는 4가지 방법을 소개합니다.
- Super-charge your fraud detection techniquesPreview a white paper by the International Institute for Analytics on how to evolve the fraud function from a set of fraud detection techniques to a cohesive, continuously improving system.
- How to prevent procurement fraudPerpetrated in several ways, procurement fraud is difficult to detect. Arm yourself with hybrid analytics that offer various approaches for cross-pollination of data and analysis.
- Improve child welfare through analyticsWith tremendous potential for child welfare agencies to use data and analytics to prevent child abuse and improve outcomes for children and families, child welfare advocates discuss the benefits of using data and establishing a data-driven culture to advance practice and policy.
- 6 ways big data analytics can improve insurance claims data processingWhy make analytics a part of your insurance claims data processing? Because adding analytics to the claims life cycle can deliver a measurable ROI.
- Fraud detection and machine learning: What you need to knowMachine learning and fraud analytics are critical components of a fraud detection toolkit. Here’s what you’ll need to get started – from integrating supervised and unsupervised machine learning in operations to maintaining customer service while defending against fraud.
- Uncover hidden financial crime riskEscalating threats call for a financial crime risk framework that uses powerful, visual, interactive techniques to proactively identify hidden risks.
- Proactive detection – A new approach to counter terrorTo counter terror, investigative teams can better utilize the data they already have by applying a fresh approach with these steps to proactive detection.
Send SAS Insights straight to your inbox