How SAS® Enables Inventory & Price Optimization
Manage inventory to drive higher inventory turns and fewer markdowns with tailored plans and assortments that boost customer satisfaction and reduce carrying costs.
Automated, collaborative inventory planning
- Avoid understocks and overstocks and improve customer satisfaction with increased on-shelf performance.
- Better plan for promotional, seasonal and event-driven demand fluctuations.
- Reduce planning time using automation and collaboration.
Optimized inventory replenishment
- Create optimized inventory replenishment plans based on supply chain constraints while minimizing safety stock.
- Drive higher inventory ROI with agile multiechelon allocation plans.
- Align your merchandising strategy with location-based demand.
Pricing strategies that maximize profits
- Plan pricing at all levels of your product and location hierarchy – down to store/SKU.
- Drive increased average unit sales prices with life cycle pricing analytics.
- Strategically execute timely pricing actions by location to minimize markdowns and obsolete inventory.
Working Smarter With SAS®
Developing strategic initiatives & planning financial strategies that drive profitability
SAS helped a US regional department store undergo a total technology transformation that:
- Includes a new merchandising platform that supports its strategies and initiatives.
- Maximizes inventory precision by product and location through localized assortments.
- Drives supply chain and store operation efficiencies through optimized pack recommendations.
Knowing the right pricing strategy for each stage of the product life cycle
SAS helped the world's largest supplier of athletic shoes and apparel:
- Automate the decision-making process.
- Develop a product life cycle pricing structure that helps reduce markdowns.
- Understand competitor pricing.
- Plan strategies that improve gross margin.