How SAS® Supports Merchandise & Assortment Planning
Drive higher inventory turns and fewer markdowns with merchandise planning and assortment planning tailored to local customer demand.
Customer-centric assortment planning & optimization
- Predict customer demand by channel and forecast the impact on future sales.
- Use predictive and prescriptive analytics and advanced clustering to understand a customer's path to purchase.
- Identify opportunities to improve performance and increase profitability.
- Determine the best assortment mix based on available shelf space and financial objectives.
Cloud-native collaborative planning
- Rapidly take control of enterprise merchandise planning with the power of analytics in the cloud.
- Develop and rationalize merchandise plans and financial plans top-down, bottom-up or middle-out.
- Easily make data-driven assortment decisions and improve productivity with in-plan analytics.
Better customer experiences
- Curate assortments for your most valuable patrons.
- Leverage demographic and trade area characteristics to satisfy customer preferences.
Working Smarter With SAS®
Developing strategic initiatives & planning financial strategies that drive profitability
SAS helped a US regional department store undergo a total technology transformation that:
- Includes a new merchandise planning platform that supports its strategies and initiatives.
- Maximizes inventory precision by product and location through localized assortments.
- Drives supply chain and store operation efficiencies through optimized pack recommendations.
Knowing the right pricing strategy for each stage of the product life cycle
SAS helped the world's largest supplier of athletic shoes and apparel:
- Automate the decision-making process.
- Develop a product life cycle pricing structure that helps reduce markdowns.
- Understand competitor pricing.
- Plan strategies that improve gross margin.