How SAS® Supports Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
SAS delivers a range of analytics capabilities to improve your pharmaceutical manufacturing performance so you can deliver safe, effective drugs and other therapies to patients with greater efficiency and confidence. With SAS, you can improve quality, throughput and equipment performance, as well as derive insights from the supply chain to help you improve demand forecasting.
- Integrate with operational systems, data from laboratory information management systems (LIMS) and quality control, and real-time streaming data from production processes.
- Get a holistic view of manufacturing quality and performance.
Data-driven root cause analysis
- Increase production yield.
- Better understand processes with a wide spectrum of advanced analytics tools, including exploratory analysis, design of experiments with optimizers, and cause-and-effect tools.
- Enable more uptime and smoother operations by using root-cause analysis to troubleshoot and correct issues fast.
Predictive analytics with AI
- Quickly combine and analyze huge quantities of data using predictive analytics with embedded AI.
- Use patented analytic models to uncover emerging issues with greater speed and accuracy than traditional early warning techniques, and proactively take corrective action to improve outcomes.
- Control processes using predictive modeling techniques – e.g., neural networking, regression analysis and clustering.
- Automatically monitor all pharma manufacturing processes to help ensure continuous product quality.
Real-time decision support
- Leverage IoT and streaming data to generate actionable alerts to improve quality.
- Use predictive maintenance to maximize equipment performance and optimize throughput and yield.
How is a major global pharmaceutical company moving toward zero defects and zero waste in an industry where 50% waste is not uncommon, despite tight process controls and regulations?
SAS is helping the company implement a global platform that:
- Helps ensure quality control, with the development and delivery of safe and effective drugs and therapies as the ultimate driver.
- Empowers users with access to near-real-time data on pharmaceutical manufacturing performance.
- Delivers useful insights into preventing defects and waste before they occur.
SAS® Software Used
- SAS® Demand-Driven Planning and Optimization
How does the world's biggest food company free up time to focus on demand planning for highly volatile products?
SAS provides Nestlé with reliable forecasting methods that enable the company to:
- Ensure the right amounts of products make it to the shelves and into customers’ hands.
- Manage supply chain, plan operations and organize logistics on a global scale based on a variety of influences and factors.
- Make more successful production decisions to ensure products are available when customers want them.
Related Products & Solutions
- SAS® Event Stream Processing실시간 빅데이터 스트리밍을 통하여 분석을 통한 인사이트를 기업의 의사결정에 즉시 반영할 수 있습니다.
- SAS® Production Quality Analytics기업 및 공급망 전반에 걸쳐 품질 관리에 대한 종합적 시각을 확보합니다.