Transform data into the best decisions
Recent Analytics Insights
- IoT in healthcare: Unlocking true, value-based careGiven the potential of IoT – and the challenges of already overburdened healthcare systems around the world – we can’t afford not to integrate IoT in healthcare.
- Key questions to kick off your data analytics projectsThere’s no single blueprint for starting a data analytics project. Technology expert Phil Simon suggests considering these ten questions as a preliminary guide.
- Analytics can help prevent substance use disorder and over-prescribingStates and MFCUs now have the analytics tools they need to change the trajectory of the opioid crisis by analyzing data and predicting trouble spots – whether in patients, prescribers, distributors or manufacturers. The OIG Toolkit with free SAS® programming code makes that possible.
- 3 steps for AI ethicsWill artificial intelligence benefit humanity or usher in a series of unintended consequences? AI ethics may be one way to ensure artificial intelligence is used for good.
- What do drones, AI and proactive policing have in common?Law enforcement and public safety agencies must wrangle diverse data sets to be effective in their operations. Intelligence analysts are using that data to apply machine learning and AI for more proactive policing.
- Meet the data scientist: Kristin CarneyWhen Kristin Carney graduated with a BS in mathematics, she wasn't sure what she wanted to do with her degree. That’s when she began researching data science.
- Meet the data scientist: Daymond LingDaymond Ling believes the right personal traits are more important than technical skills when it comes to being a successful data scientist.
- Meet the data scientist: Colin NugterenData scientist and CAO Colin Nugteren says while every day is different, one thing remains the same. He ends each day with SAS® Visual Analytics.
- Using data to change the worldApplying data science for social good has led to new and creative ways to address issues related to education, poverty, health, human rights, the environment and more.
- Proactive detection – A new approach to counter terrorTo counter terror, investigative teams can better utilize the data they already have by applying a fresh approach with these steps to proactive detection.
- Artificial intelligence, machine learning, deep learning and moreArtificial intelligence, machine learning and deep learning are set to change the way we live and work. How do they relate and how are they changing our world?
- Using big data to predict suicide risk among Canadian youthSuicide is the second leading cause of death among youth in Canada. Here's how big data and analytics can be used to help identify at-risk teens.
- Supporting indigenous communities with analyticsThough indigenous women are a small part of Canada's population, they account for a disproportionately large number of Canada's murder victims. Now, big data and analytics are being used to help improve outcomes.
- Machine learning for beginners and beyondWhether you’re an experienced data scientist or a machine learning beginner, you’ll appreciate these 10 tips for getting started with machine learning.
- How do free-to-play video games earn big profits?How does the industry leader of free-to-play, massively multiplayer online games scale its customer intelligence and analytics efforts to thousands of models and terabytes of data a day? With industrialized modeling from SAS.
- Concussion: Journalist crunches the numbers and breaks a scandalHow Pulitzer Prize-nominated journalist Alan Schwarz used his stats background to achieve the most remarkable feat in sports journalism history.
- The University of Alabama makes better decisions through education analyticsAt the University of Alabama, the Office of Institutional Research and Assessments use analytics and data visualizations to uncover better student outcomes.
- People analytics: Make smarter decisionsWith deep insights gained from people analytics, HR leaders can become trusted, strategic advisers to hiring managers and the executive team.
- 5 machine learning mistakes and how to avoid themMachine learning is not magic. It presents many of the same challenges as other analytics methods. Learn how to overcome those challenges and incorporate this technique into your analytics strategy.
- What’s powering the digital economy? The analytics economy. From the digital economy to the app economy, technology is changing the way we do business and manage resources. Find out how the analytics economy can help you make the most of your data resources.
Send SAS Insights straight to your inbox