To browse resources by type, select an option below.
- Select Resource Type
- Analyst Report
- Executive Brief
- Fact Sheet
- Industry Overview
- Product Brief
- Overview Brochure
- Solution Brief
- White Paper
- White Paper
- Blog Post
- Book Excerpt
- Case Study
- Customer Story
- Article The 5 new rules of retailWhy did the rules of retail need to be rewritten? Because 2020 happened and shopping patterns changed overnight. There were product shortages, store closures and long lines to get in the few stores that were open. Consumers moved to online shopping in droves and expected a seamless experience in-store and online: Curbside pickup; same-day delivery; contactless delivery; buy online, pick up in store. The list goes on.
- Article 3 ways to rethink retail forecasting and demand planning The pandemic has profoundly changed consumer shopping behaviors and experiences and the increasing pressure has retailers scrambling to improve their ability to precisely predict and plan for demand. If you don’t know where to start, here are three questions to ask as you rethink your forecasting and demand planning.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Real-Time Interaction Management, Q4 2020Forrester names SAS a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Real-Time Interaction Management, Q4 2020.
- Customer Story Personalization is key in telecommunications. And analytics the natural solution.Telenor Norway uses SAS Analytics to enhance business decisions and continuously adapt to customers’ needs.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Customer Analytics Technologies, Q3 2020.SAS® Customer Intelligence 360, which helps craft compelling next-best experiences tailored to wherever customers are in their journeys, is named a Leader in The Forrester Wave.
- Article Reimagine marketing: Today, tomorrow and in times of disruptionPutting the customer first has never been more important than it is now. One way marketers can prepare for the new reality is to look at each step in the marketing process (the marketing lifecycle) and map martech capabilities into the lifecycle, based on what you are trying to accomplish with each step.
- Analyst Report The Total Economic Impact Of SAS Customer Intelligence 360Understand the cost savings and business benefits SAS marketing analytics solutions provide this financial services organization.
- Analyst Report Worldwide Big Data and Analytics Software Market Shares, 2019: Investment in Data Continues In this compilation of IDC reports, SAS is ranked No.1 in worldwide revenue in Advanced and Predictive Analytics Software, and in the top five for Artificial Intelligence Software Platforms, Analytic Data Integration and Intelligence Software, Services Operations Analytic Applications and Customer Relationship Analytic Applications.
- Customer Story Using Customer Intelligence to optimise advertising salesREA Group uses SAS to get a clearer view of its digital advertising.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: AI-Based Text Analytics Platforms (Document Focused), Q2 2020Forrester names SAS a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: AI-Based Text Analytics Platforms (Document Focused), Q2 2020.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: AI-Based Text Analytics Platforms (People Focused), Q2 2020Forrester names SAS a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: AI-Based Text Analytics Platforms (People Focused), Q2 2020
- Article Customer data platform: What it is and why it’s important The recent rise in popularity for CDPs has led to a considerable amount of market confusion. Here's everything you need to know about how a CDP works, challenges to consider -- and how to go beyond the CDP with seamless integration.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Multichannel Marketing HubsSAS is a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Multichannel Marketing Hubs.
- Customer Story Workplace solutions retailer creates compelling customer experience via data-driven marketingOffice Depot Europe drives change by putting SAS Customer Intelligence 360 at the center of its digital transformation.
- Article Your customers aren’t afraid of new technologies. Are you? New research uncovered some interesting themes for the next decade of customer engagement. Surprisingly, consumers are embracing technology at a faster rate than brands might expect or admit.
- Article Tread carefully with customer data platformsThe potential benefits of customer data platforms are significant, but CDPs are by no means a silver bullet. Follow these three steps to avoid disillusionment.
- Article Marketers and privacyCompanies that break new privacy laws get fined heavily, but there may be an even greater cost: A damaged reputation.
- Customer Story Customer engagement blooms with analytics and AIInnovative marketing campaigns lead to improved customer retention and loyalty at 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc.
- Article Digital transformation for SMBsFor small and midsize businesses, delivering a better. customer experience is key to digital transformation
- Customer Story Hybrid approach ensures seamless experience for insurance customersInsurance company Topdanmark gains a true omnichannel marketing approach and better workflows with SAS® Customer Intelligence 360.
- Article Five trends that will reshape customer experienceApplying the latest research from HBR gives a new twist on this surprisingly relevant 2015 list of CX do’s and don’ts.
- Article Under siege: Improving customer experience in bankingBanks are ranking low in customer satisfaction, but improvement is possible says Digital Banking Report owner and publisher Jim Marous.
- Customer Story Telecom calls on automation to improve market position Vodafone Ukraine reduces customer churn by 30 percent with SAS Customer Intelligence.
- Customer Story AI-driven personalization gives electronics retailer a boostConrad Electronic uses customer intelligence solutions from SAS to craft relevant offers in real time.
- Article IoT: The customer experience accelerator you can't afford to ignoreIoT represents a powerful source of data that, when combined with analytics, can yield insights on everything from behavior to emotions to health. And that's why it's key to improving customer experience.
The Real-Time and Predictive Commerce Playbook for CMOs
Find out how the shift toward real-time and predictive analytics is empowering retailers, and learn the top 10 actions you should take to become a successful retailer in the age of digital Darwinism.
- Article What big data has brought to the privacy discussionHow does big data impact your privacy? There are ways to balance privacy and security in an increasingly transparent and dangerous world.
Six Keys to Credit Risk Modeling for the Digital Age
Modernizing and automating the end-to-end process for origination and servicing – from data management to model development to credit decisions – can reduce credit losses and boost performance. This paper explores how infusing machine learning into this process supports more effective credit decisions for individuals, products or portfolios.
- Article Effective real-time marketingEffective real-time marketing is about engaging with customers whenever and wherever they are in their buying journey. Organizations should also be focused on knowing what the customer wants (product, pricing, experience, etc.) based on real-time analytics and predictive modeling.
Real-Time Analytics: The Key to Unlocking Customer Insights & Driving the Customer Experience
This Harvard Business Review Analytic Services report looks at how businesses are using advanced customer data analytics, along with real-time analytics and real-time marketing, to enhance their customers’ experiences.
- White Paper Using Hybrid Cloud Capabilities for True Omnichannel MarketingSeamless, agile customer interactions require a marketing system that can collect data about a customer’s interactions and behavior across all touch points, regardless of underlying technology. Learn how SAS Customer Intelligence 360 lets you use both cloud and on-site channels and data to create an omnichannel marketing solution.
- Article Contextual engagementCreating contextual customer engagements means understanding enough about each customer to ensure that all communications over time are progressively more anticipated, personal and relevant.
- Customer Story Better customer service via machine learningAdvanced analytics helps Rogers Communications become more customer-centric, cutting customer complaints in half.
Managing the Analytics Life Cycle for Decisions at Scale
Let the SAS Analytics Life Cycle guide you through the iterative process of going from raw data to predictive modeling to automated decisions, faster. This paper tells you how.
- Article Data and the customer experienceCustomer experiences are better when they are backed by a deep customer profiles based on a wide range of data and driven by the latest analytical technologies that enable real-time engagement.
Data and the customer experience
For true customer engagement, marketers have moved beyond transactional interactions such as coupons and traditional tactics that do not offer an engaging experience. Using data and analytics for a deeper understanding of the customer, marketers are more successful in building the relationship.
- Article How to improve your AI marketing skillsMarketing teams can use current AI capabilities to enhance their efforts around campaign automation, dynamic pricing based on forecasting models, and by providing more relevant, real-time customer offers.
- Article Building confidence in your customer experienceForbes Insights surveyed more than 350 leaders at large organizations to determine how they are using data and analytics to power the customer experience.
- Article AI marketing: What does the future hold?AI marketing uses artificial intelligence and analytics to improve marketing results while enhancing customer experiences through real-time personalization.
- Article Three ways to improve real time marketing resultsReal-time marketing enables you to reach customers during purchase deliberations to provide the push a campaign needs be wildly successful.
- Video How machine learning can provide customers with more relevant offersIn this video, industry influencer Daniel Newman offers his perspective on ways machine learning can be used to enhance customer experiences.
Using SAS Marketing Optimization to improve credit-line optimization
Learn how SAS Marketing Optimization enables credit line optimization to balance the needs of managing risk exposure and achieving an acceptable rate of return at the portfolio level, as well as to devise a structured approach and advanced methodology that supports credit line strategy.
Analytics Accelerates Monetization Opportunities for Connected Vehicle and Mobility Services
Learn how automakers and their partners are using IoT data and analytics to help them reshape business models, seize new sources of revenue and develop inventive ways to better serve customers.
Digital Intelligence: The Heart of Successful Digital Transformation
This paper explores how digital transformation is changing marketing and customer experience throughout industries, including banking, retail and telecommunications. It also covers the importance of data in digital intelligence and discusses strategic ways to build a digital intelligence platform.
Beyond The Campaign
Marketing leaders are constantly trying to build profitable customer relationships by delivering innovative marketing strategies that reach and energize the audience. At the same time, initiatives like customer experience management are driving the need for a marketing makeover. This paper shows how leading companies are repositioning their marketing efforts to prepare for a more data- and results-driven environment.
- Article Customer journey analytics goes mainstreamDigitally enhanced customer experiences that cross traditional and digital channels is an expectation for consumers. This means timely, relevant communications.
Journey to the Core of Customer Centricity
Many communications service providers (CSPs) have begun their digital transformations, but the big question remains – how can operators improve the overall customer experience and still increase revenue? To accomplish digital transformation and be truly customer focused, CSPs need to understand the customer journey.
Using Data to Create Outcome-Based Customer Experiences
A framework for moving from a transactional, static data framework (think traditional customer experience management) to a more fluid, analytically driven approach where the data and analytics are fused into the process rather than being siloed.
The Internet of Things: Marketing’s Opportunities and Challenges
Learn how marketers can apply event-based marketing and real-time marketing capabilities to capitalize on IoT data in the moment by pinpointing significant customer events, which then trigger real-time customer decisions. The result? Best offers delivered in real time, given the consumer’s current context.
Power your digital transformation with guided analytics
Marketers today must deploy a wide range of advanced analytics with total transparency and without needing to be a data scientist to evaluate the results. SAS provides the most complete analytics solutions for marketers.
- E-Book How Customer Intelligence Is Energizing the Utilities IndustryLearn how to use customer analytics to move from mass marketing that often misses your targeted customers (or comes at the wrong time) to more right-timed and contextual offers based on the data you already have.
Using Big Data to Enable the Omnichannel Retail Experience
As trends in consumer buying patterns continue to evolve, retailers need solutions that can derive deep data analytic insights to provide a more sophisticated, centralized view of their customers’ preferences and buying journeys.
- Article Real-time customer engagement is the future of experience managementReal-time customer engagement delivers contextual recommendations and decisions to your interactive customer channels at every possible touch point.
- Article The marketing analytics must-havesMarketing analytics will attune you to the true signals of what matters to customers as channels, technologies and data push the digital world forward.
- E-Book Your guide to becoming a modern marketerWhat skills do you need to become a modern marketer, and how can you use those skills to transform your marketing organization? This e-book provides a plan of action, starting with your data.
- Customer Story Telstra calls on SAS to keep customers engagedAustralia’s largest telecommunications company relies on SAS Analytics to better understand customers’ needs and develop the products and services they want.
- Article Harnessing the martech advantageMartech vendors have doubled in the past year. Find out what's fueling this growth spurt, and discover three ways to get the most value from your tech spending.
Getting to Why in Omnichannel Marketing Attribution
This paper explores the role of advanced analytical tools in understanding customers, driving marketing effectiveness and optimizing strategies and tactics to maximize business results.
- White Paper Marketing attribution: Giving credit where credit is dueMarketing attribution helps you analyze the impact and business value of company-generated marketing interactions to help make the best marketing investment decisions. The challenge is to interpret the massive volumes of customer data that continues to expand day by day.
- Customer Story Give shoppers offers they’ll loveChico’s FAS relies on SAS Customer Intelligence to fine-tune marketing interactions and connect customers to the merchandise they want.
Improve Customer Experience with Actionable Artificial Intelligence
While more marketers turn to artificial intelligence technologies, this new territory also raises more questions. This paper offers a detailed look into how AI works, and explores the opportunities and challenges it presents.
Your guide to modernizing the marketing organization
Best practices to guide your analytical transformation – and help you reinvent your marketing organization for the digital age.
- Article R 'Ray' Wang: A conversation with a digital disruptorAnalytics Experience 2016 will host a number of influential speakers including Ray Wang, who says data is improving customer experiences in a variety of ways.
- Article IoT: The next best thing to reading your customer’s mindConstant streams of data from myriad devices and sensors is what IoT is all about. But how are organizations using it to better customer experiences?
- White Paper Redefining Brand Performance for the 21st CenturyUse analytics and technology platforms to become genuinely customer-centric, and make the right connections with customers at the right time, on the right device.
Customer Analytics: Taking the First Step
Take the first step toward creating a valuable customer analytics program – understanding the customer using data visualization capabilities.
- White Paper Maximizing Moments of Truth: Creating Meaningful Real-Time Customer InteractionsThe digital marketplace presents new challenges for marketers, yet provides the perfect canvas for creating personalized, relevant communications and developing deep relationships with customers based on ongoing interactions.
- White Paper Analytics and the Customer JourneyRead about seven best practices that will help you become better at understanding the customer journey, delivering a more balanced journey and, ultimately, improving each customer experience in the process.
Data Elevates the Customer Experience
Delivering exceptional customer experiences has become a key differentiator for top organizations today. Now you can see where your peers and competitors stand in the new Forbes Insights report Data Elevates the Customer Experience.
Mobility, Vulnerability and the State of Data Privacy
We live in a mobile, digital world. Consumers expect and demand that they can connect every aspect of their daily lives to their smartphones and tablets. To live up to this expectation requires organizations to be more intimately aware of consumers’ wants and preferences. How are views changing as we become less attached to our technology and it literally is becoming more attached to us? Read our third annual survey to see how consumer sentiment is adapting to these changes.
- Customer Story The right offer every timeMigros individualizes its marketing with SAS Customer Intelligence, sees response rates and revenue increase.
- White Paper Blazing the Trail from Data to Insight to ActionThis report presents results of a survey of 105 marketing executives of large global organizations, conducted by Forbes Insights in partnership with SAS. Learn how much these organizations have integrated customer data analytics into their key processes, which areas are still works in progress, and how your organization compares.
- Customer Story Fewer coupons, more sales Belgium grocer Colruyt uses predictive analytics to tailor promotions, boost customer spending.
- White Paper Holiday shopping secrets: Prices matter and pets are importantAttention retailers! It's time to celebrate. According to SAS Analytics, the holiday shopping season is shaping up to be a jolly one.
- Series The customer journey: Finding the buy signalCompanies spend lots of time determining if a customer is ready to buy. You collect all of the data you can get your hands on. Let analytics help you tune in to the buy signals you're missing.
- Interview How do you know if you’re ready for Hadoop?Ask an early adopter. Epsilon VP of Products answers our Hadoop questions about implementation, preparation and scalability.
- Series The customer journey: Why you need journey mapsIf your customer engagement processes are aligned, then building a customer journey map makes the purchasing decision easier for everyone.
- Article Keeping your customers happy with assortment optimizationIf you want to make the best assortment decisions possible for your store or chain, let the data your customers provide be your guide.
- Article Out of size, out of mindIf sizes are out of stock, you forfeit the sale and disappoint (and potentially lose) customers. Marking down overstocked merchandise reduces your profitability. Here’s what you can do to make sure you have the product sizes your customers need at all times.
The Architecture and Security of SAS® Marketing Operations Management
The architecture of the SAS Marketing Operations Management solution and various aspects of its deployment.
- Article Marketing optimization: Five lessons learned at a major US bankHow does a bank know what you need when you visit its website, open the mobile banking app or walk into the branch? For one of the largest banks in the US, the answer is marketing optimization. Here are five lessons they’ve learned.
Customer Engagement Analytics: How to Use Data to Create (and Keep) Happy Customers
At a time when technology is woven into just about every aspect of our lives, your organization has probably gotten really good at collecting customer behavioral and feedback data. But how effective is your plan for putting that data into action? In this Aberdeen report, you’ll learn why personalization is critical for today’s marketers and the steps you can take to successfully incorporate analytics into a customer experience management program to deliver personalized, timely and consistent messages throughout the customer journey.
Shopper Insights to Improve Retail Loyalty Programs
Leveraging Kellogg’s experiential learning initiative, SAS worked with a group of MBA marketing research students to find out what drives retailer loyalty. The findings offer guidance on how retailers can improve their loyalty programs.
Unleashing the Power of Text Analytics for Travel
Discover how text analytics can improve the way your travel organization runs its business – from marketing to operations to revenue management.
Unleashing the Power of Text Analytics for Hotels
Discover how text analytics can improve the way your hotel runs its business – from marketing to operations to revenue management.
- Customer Story New Zealand Ministry of Social DevelopmentThe New Zealand Ministry of Social Development uses big data to profoundly improve the lives of citizens.
- Article The digitization of everything – its impact on the buyer’s journey and marketing’s roleFor nearly a century, the buyer’s journey was relatively linear. Advertising through mass media led to conversing with salespeople, friends and family. A purchase was made. But in today’s digitally networked world, studies show there are 3,000 different paths to purchase. How does marketing respond to this new reality? Brian Vellmure has answers.
- Article A lesson in customer service from Chick-fil-A President Dan CathyDoes Chick-fil-A’s commitment to be kind to employees and provide heartfelt hospitality to customers make the food taste better? President and COO Dan Cathy says it does, and the numbers back him up. He recently shared the secret behind the family-owned company's success.
- White Paper Testing, TestingA/B testing can give marketers more confidence in their marketing because it provides an analytical way to choose the right message for the right customers at the right time using the right channels. This Point of View paper explains what A/B testing is, why it matters and how it works.
- Customer Story Analytics bears fruitGourmet food is usually one of the first products to suffer in a down economy. Harry & David used segmentation and campaign personalization to turn it around.
- White Paper Five Steps to Analytical Maturity
- Analyst Report White Paper Marketing Analytics for Manufacturing: Forging Customer InsightsBusiness Intelligence
Get Started With Big Data: Tie Strategy to Performance
Many organizations have turned to large-scale data gathering and analytics to differentiate their business and compete on a higher level. While it may seem like everyone is doing “big data”, not all organizations have approached the initiative with a strategy that will ultimately succeed. This Harvard Business Review paper explores the very real and difficult challenges that C-level executives face in setting a sound strategy around data and analytics and provides four principles that your organization can put in place to guide a successful big data initiative.
- Customer Story Data visualization: Pathway to better customer insightUsing visual analytics, a major retail group pinpoints key trends in customer data to boost merchandizing and loyalty efforts.
- White Paper The Art of Decisive Merchandising This research report discusses which changes in merchandising offer the most painful obstacles to overcome and which ones open doors to the most promising opportunities.
- Customer Story Building customer satisfaction with better network monitoringSAS Analytics helps a major telecom organization analyze traffic, anticipate problems and improve customer service.
- White Paper Six Ways to Use Subscriber Data to Build a Stronger Business
- Customer Story Staying ahead of retail trendsSouth Korean retailer cut the time it took to produce critical marketing reports from 15 hours to just 40 minutes, allowing it to stay ahead of market trends and competitors.
ANA Magazine: Measures for Success
This report is part of ANA Magazines Thought Leadership Series sponsored by SAS.
- White Paper SAS for Media
- Webinar Real-Time Decision Manager Join us for this complimentary webinar exploring the challenges that marketers face today building a customer experience (CX) strategy that can adapt in real time to meet customers’ needs.
- Webinar Data and AI: Accelerators of Banking CXJoin us for this webinar featuring experts in financial services, digital marketing and customer experience as we discuss ways to use analytics to your advantage in banking.
- E-Book Brilliant decision? In the battle for consumers’ hearts and minds, retailers have typically focused their digital transformation initiatives on customer experience and engagement. However, in these challenging times, it’s not enough to just get the customer’s attention — you need to convert impressions and site or store visits into sales and fulfilled orders.
TDWI Checklist Report | Six Best Practices to Ignite the Customer Experience with IoT
The IoT extends digital customer experience to physical customer experience and customer journeys for ultimate brand distinction. This TDWI Checklist Report, sponsored by SAS, outlines six best practices for data professionals and practitioners when using IoT to improve customer experience.
Today’s consumers not only expect a lot from brands, they also capitalize on AI, IoT, mixed reality and other immersive and emerging tech. This puts tremendous pressure on marketing organizations to reinvent their operating models so they can act in the moment.
This global report identifies the various relationships between brands and consumers that shape customer engagements today, uncovering where they are aligned and where they are not. It provides insights to help brands bridge those gaps to build a forward-looking customer experience framework to help move their companies into the future.
Third-party paper sponsored by SAS and conducted by Futurum Research.
- E-Book Customer experience - now and into the futureExperience 2030: Research reveals 5 key themes driving customer experience. Build a forward-looking customer experience framework.
- White Paper Experience Evolution: Staying Ahead of Customer Expectations Through 2030 and BeyondThis report gives all executives strategies to digitally transform - while keeping customers at the center of the business. It underscores SAS' belief that while technology solutions are at the core of CX transformation, companies need to also create the right operating models and have the right talent in place to succeed at CX – during both stable times and uncertain ones.
- White Paper Experience 2030: Pulse ReportThis pulse report is the result of a re-examination of our prior research, informed by the responses of more than 600 global consumers, executives, marketers and technology professionals during June and July 2020. We validated that the operating models for consumer and brand engagement hold true yet continue to be redefined as brands adapt and accelerate their plans to build for the future.
- White Paper Experience 2030. The Future of Customer Experience is... NOW!Futurum and SAS conducted a global survey including more than 1,700 consumers and brands from the United States, Canada and Mexico to understand what defines customer experience today and how it’s evolving through the year 2030.