DATA MANAGEMENT INSIGHTS
Turn big data into big value
Recent Data Management articles
- Key questions to kick off your data analytics projectsThere’s no single blueprint for starting a data analytics project. Technology expert Phil Simon suggests considering these ten questions as a preliminary guide.
- The five D's of data preparationFrom discovering which data is best to use, to delivering it in the right format to users, learn why these 5 D’s are essential to data preparation.
- Data quality management What you need to knowData quality isn’t simply good or bad. Data quality management puts quality in context to improve fitness of the data you use for analysis and decision-making.
- The future of IoT: On the edgeFrom cows to factory floors, the IoT promises intriguing opportunities for business. Find out how three experts envision the future of IoT.
- 5 steps to sustainable GDPR complianceFollow these steps to achieve GDPR compliance by the May 2018 deadline – and get added benefits along the way.
- What was your data doing during the financial crisis?Financial institutions usually survive a crisis, then react to prevent it in the future. SAS' Mazhar LeGhari explains how data can help you break that cycle.
- Big data privacy: Four ways your data governance strategy affects security, privacy and trustWith IT and business strategies converging, something that’s a little late to the party is the concept of big data privacy.
- Data governance framework: What is it and do I already have one?A data governance framework encompasses a holistic approach to how you collect, manage and archive data.
- Toyota Financial Services’ CIO is a model for change: part innovator, part gatekeeper CIO Ron Guerrier walks a fine line, gently snuffing out rogue IT activities activities without impinging on the innovation and real-time needs that drove business users to adopt them in the first place.
- I see big data. All the time. It’s everywhere.Big data is rapidly creeping into every element of our life. In this article, Tamara Dull from SAS Best Practices explores some big data examples - and how it will affect you.
- Soccer versus baseball: which is the best analogy for data governance?Is data governance more like baseball, featuring individual effort, or like soccer, where a team approach wins? Carol Newcomb evaluates the best sports analogy for data governance.
- Data quality: The Achilles' heel of risk managementGiven the tightly regulated environment banks face today, the importance of data quality cannot be overstated. Beyond the obvious benefits of staying one step ahead of regulatory mandates, having accurate, integrated and transparent data will drive confident, proactive decisions to support a solid risk management foundation.
- Using Hadoop as an Analytics CatalystLearn how to get the most out of Hadoop by developing a sound strategy for analyzing data in this new storage environment.
- You don’t know me. Or do you? Data meets anthropologyLaw and medicine. Anthropology and data management. And so on. What new advances can happen when fields of study converge?
- Components of an information management strategyBefore starting a data management strategy for your business, you need to understand each component. Data expert David Loshin breaks them down.
- Goooooal! How data stewards score with data visualizationWhen it comes to data visualization, the role a data steward plays is not so different from that of a referee. They both enforce rules, stay true to the game -- and are critical to success.
- Charlie Brown's teacher speaks Hadoop. Do you?Ever felt like you and your big data specialist were speaking different languages? Learn how a non-geek can speak big data.
- Canada Post on the (careful) commercialization of dataAs a common data point across databases, address data is an integral part to any master data management strategy. It’s powerful when it’s right; frustrating when it’s not. Could Canada Post turn a seemingly ordinary data point into a profitable business line?
Send SAS Insights straight to your inbox