Transform data into the best decisions
Recent Analytics Insights
- Three steps for conquering the last mile of analyticsPutting your analytical models into production can be the most difficult part of the analytics journey. It’s no surprise that this last mile of analytics – bringing models into deployment – is the hardest part of digital transformation initiatives for organizations to master, yet it’s the most crucial.
- Discover a secret resource for working with cloud providersAre you overwhelmed by the hundreds of options and offers in the cloud? Are you finding it hard to select the best cloud services from the different cloud providers? Why not ask a neutral and informed third party for help?
- As AI accelerates, focus on 'road' conditionsAI technology has made huge strides in a short amount of time and is ready for broader adoption. But as organizations accelerate their AI efforts, they need to take extra care, because as any police officer will tell you, even small potholes can cause problems for vehicles traveling at high speeds.
- The transformational power of evidence-based decision making in health policyState health agencies are under pressure to deliver better health outcomes while minimizing costs. Read how data and analytics are being used to confront our biggest health care challenges head on.
- Operationalizing analytics: 4 ways banks are conquering the infamous ‘last mile’Here are four examples across the banking industry that show how these leading organizations followed a clearly defined path to conquer the infamous 'last mile' of analytics.
- ModelOps: How to operationalize the model life cycleModelOps is where analytical models are cycled from the data science team to the IT production team in a regular cadence of deployment and updates. In the race to realizing value from AI models, it’s a winning ingredient that only a few companies are using.
- AI in government: The path to adoption and deploymentThe government sector is lagging in AI adoption, but awareness of the importance of AI in the public sector is increasing. Our survey indicates that operational issues are requiring governments to turn their attention to AI projects as a way to address important public issues.
- From Apollo to AI: A new era of American explorationAs we celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission, what’s the next frontier for American Innovation? It’s available now, from our desks and waits for us to unlock its potential.
- The untapped potential in unstructured textText is the largest human-generated data source. It grows every day as we post on social media, interact with chatbots and digital assistants, send emails, conduct business online, generate reports and essentially document our daily thoughts and activities using computers and mobile devices.
- AI in manufacturing: New opportunities for IT and operationsAn AI survey reveals that leaders and early adopters in AI are making important advances and are identifying and expanding on what works as they use AI in more ways and more parts of their organizations.
- The Humanity in Artificial IntelligenceCould artificial intelligence be the change agent we need to solve many problems around the globe? Read how AI could accelerate our ability to have a a positive, lasting impact.
- How AI and advanced analytics are impacting the financial services industryTop SAS experts weigh in on the topics that are keeping institutions up at night and fraudsters in a job.
- AI in banking: Survey reveals factors for successWhat do banking executives report about their experiences with AI? Where are they focusing today? What’s working? What are their plans for the future?
- What are chatbots?Chatbots are a form of conversational AI designed to simplify human interaction with computers. Learn how chatbots are used in business and how they can be incorporated into analytics applications.
- Data lineage: Making artificial intelligence smarterFor AI to reach its full potential, the data feeding its algorithms and models needs to be well-understood. Data lineage plays a vital role in understanding data, making it a foundational principle of AI.
- How to drill a better hole with analyticsFrom drilling holes to preventing health care fraud, learn about some of the new technologies SAS has patented with IoT and machine learning technologies.
- Five AI TechnologiesDo you know the difference between artificial intelligence and machine learning? And can you explain why computer vision is an AI technology? Find out in this short explainer.
- IoT in healthcare: Unlocking true, value-based careGiven the potential of IoT – and the challenges of already overburdened healthcare systems around the world – we can’t afford not to integrate IoT in healthcare.
- Key questions to kick off your data analytics projectsThere’s no single blueprint for starting a data analytics project. Technology expert Phil Simon suggests considering these ten questions as a preliminary guide.
- Analytics: A must-have tool for leading the fight on prescription and illicit drug addictionStates and MFCUs now have the analytics tools they need to change the trajectory of the opioid crisis by analyzing data and predicting trouble spots – whether in patients, prescribers, distributors or manufacturers. The OIG Toolkit with free SAS® programming code makes that possible.
Send SAS Insights straight to your inbox