Take a unique, hybrid approach to fraud detection and prevention. A powerful fraud analytics engine uses multiple techniques, including advanced analytics with embedded artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning, to uncover more suspicious activity than ever before. Alerts are scored and prioritized based on severity, then routed to investigators or analysts for a more in-depth review.
Detect more fraud – before losses occur.
Our fraud detection and investigation software consolidates massive amounts of data from internal and external sources, and a powerful fraud analytics engine processes all data (not just a sample) in real time or in batch. A unique, hybrid analytic approach uses multiple techniques – automated business rules, predictive modeling, text mining, database searches, exception reporting, network link analysis, etc. – to detect more fraud with greater accuracy. Advanced analytics with embedded AI and machine learning techniques, combined with traditional detection methods, can identify known and unknown patterns, as well as evolve and adapt over time.
Gain a consolidated view of fraud risk.
Identify cross-brand/product fraud by seeing all associated customer information across all lines of business in one consolidated view. A unique visualization interface lets you spot linked entities and crime rings that you would otherwise miss. Social network diagrams and sophisticated data mining capabilities enable you to better understand new fraud threats, so you can prevent substantial losses early. And stay on top of changing fraud trends by continuously improving models and adapting the system.
Increase operational efficiencies.
The solution applies risk- and value-based scoring models to accurately score and prioritize alerts before they go to investigators. Advanced case management tools help streamline investigations and boost investigator efficiency. With the time saved, investigators can work more cases with greater effectiveness, and focus on higher-value networks that generate a better ROI. More accurate scoring also means fewer false positives – and that translates to less customer inconvenience and greater customer satisfaction.
- Data management. Integrates data from any internal or external source – watch lists, third parties, unstructured text, etc. – regardless of system or format, and integrates seamlessly with existing rules engines.
- Advanced analytics with embedded AI. Provides a broad set of advanced analytic and AI techniques, including modern statistical, machine learning, deep learning and text analytics algorithms.
- Rule and analytic model management. Includes prepackaged heuristic rules, anomaly detection and predictive models, and lets you create and logically manage business rules, analytic models, alerts and watch lists.
- Detection and alert generation. Enables the systematic detection of suspicious activity using a fraud scoring engine that that combines business rules, anomaly detection and advanced analytics to score transactions in real time.
- Alert management. Combines alerts from multiple monitoring systems, associates them with common data and gives investigators a more complete perspective on risk associated with individuals or groups.
- Social network analysis. Provides a unique visualization interface that lets you go beyond transaction and account views to analyze related activities and relationships at a network dimension.
- Search and discovery. Lets you perform free-text, field-based or geospatial searches across all data (internal and external), and refine searches using interactive filters.
- Intelligent case management. Systematically facilitates investigative reviews using a configurable workflow, and stores all information pertinent to a case.
- Flexible deployment options. Enables you to choose the deployment option that works best for you – complete hosting by SAS, deployment at your site or a combination of the two.
This solution runs on SAS® Viya®, which has the breadth and depth to conquer any analytics challenge, from experimental to mission critical. SAS Viya extends the SAS Platform to enable everyone – data scientists, business analysts, developers and executives alike – to collaborate and realize innovative results faster.