Curiosity is our code
SAS R&D India ranks No. 1 in India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces 2019
SAS R&D India (Pvt.) Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of SAS Incorporated USA, located in Pune, is a key Research and Development Center for products and solutions of SAS. The Pune office, being the largest R&D center outside the US, has been focused on developing strategic products and solutions of SAS.
- A leading SAS R&D center, established in 2000, based on delivery, innovation and passion.
- Located in Magarpatta City in Pune – a modern integrated township including STPI and SEZ units.
- An environment for people with long term commitment, building leading edge enterprise software products.
- Apart from R&D, the center also hosts various other teams such as Product Management, Enterprise Excellence, Pre-sales, Tech Support, User Experience, Technical Publication, Professional Services, and a Hosting support team for our SaaS division.
We conceptualize and create industry leading software products and services in the Business Analytics segment for industry verticals that range from Banking to Manufacturing to Retailing and in horizontal areas such as Digital Marketing, Cost & Profitability Management and Capacity Planning for IT infrastructure.
Our products allow our customers to anticipate opportunities and gain efficiencies in their operations be it in managing risk in Banking, forecasting demand for products in Manufacturing or optimizing inventory and setting pricing for goods in Retailing. We leverage distributed and parallel computing, micro-services architecture, scalable graph algorithms and cloud technologies to offer our customers high-performance, adaptable and accessible analytics infrastructure.
There is a special joy in seeing the collaboration between Mathematicians, Statisticians, Data Warehousing Professionals, Data Visualization Experts and Computer Scientists result in SAS products that give people THE POWER TO KNOW®
Head – Research & Development
We are never at a job, when at SAS!
A job is not a job…
- When it is a part of your life; and not the other way around
- When today’s learning is more than what you delivered on yesterday’s lessons
- When you derive fulfillment not just from what you develop, but from the difference, it makes to the businesses across the globe
At SAS, you will find yourself experiencing the plethora of challenging roles available under the Global Career Framework. You will be networking with mentors/experts across the globe, boosting your learning and career growth multi-dimensionally. Moreover, our work-culture that is often spoken about, will give you an opportunity to nurture and showcase your unique talent and expertise aligned with the business.
These are some reasons that people spend long fulfilling years at SAS R&D India. You are invited to begin your journey!
Head – Human Resources
- ETL and Database Development
- Professional Services
- SAS Enterprise Excellence Center
- SAS Solutions OnDemand
- Product Management
- Project Management
- User Experience Design
- Technical Publications
- Technical Support
- Work with the cutting-edge SAS tools for statistical analysis, data mining, forecasting, advanced data visualization, operations research, machine learning, artificial intelligence and so on.
- Design and develop analytic solutions across industry verticals and enterprise functions.
- Develop On-Demand custom-made analytics solutions.
- Open environment to pursue practical research work.
- Learn and work with a global team consisting of experts in various areas of analytics.
- Leverage SAS business analytics platform to give the customers THE POWER TO KNOW®.
ETL and Database Development
- SAS is a market leader providing a state-of-the-art enterprise strength platform for Data Warehousing, Business Analytics, and Predictive Analytics - a challenging and high growth area for database professionals.
- Opportunity to build and optimize data intensive, high performance, scalable applications, which are used by most of the fortune 500 organizations.
- Learn, design and implement advanced database techniques to meet challenges of the Data Warehousing and Business Analytics applications.
- Work in collaboration with SAS experts to design and build data intensive applications.
- SAS has analytic product offerings in various domains like Banking, Insurance, Communications, Retail, Manufacturing and so on. Working on these products enriches the domain knowledge.
- Opportunity to work on model design and development for industry solutions.
- Opportunity to work on latest technology trends in business analytics such as SaaS, cloud computing, big data, streaming data, IOT, Web 2.0 and so on.
- Opportunity to be a part of the core framework development that includes development of complex algorithms and application of various technologies in statistical space.
- Exposure to work on different industry-specific domains such as Retail, Banking, Customer Intelligence and so on, and grow with subject matter experts in these specific areas.
- Exposure to exercise and implement design using OOAD, design patterns, techniques and well-known standard tools design and development tools.
- Exposure to exercise agile programming and test-driven development methodologies, dev ops as well as various engineering practices.
- Be a part of the global team, take ownership, and gain experience of end-to-end product development.
- Encouragement for continuous skills upgrade and certifications.
- Be an integral part of the Business Analytic product development teams for varied industry domains and verticals.
- Opportunity to work on all types of testing, such as, Functional, Test Automation using various industry standard and in-house technologies, Performance, White box using latest programming technologies, Integration and so on.
- Opportunity to work on Platforms (Windows, Solaris, AIX, HP, Linux, VMS), Application Servers (WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat, tcServer), Databases (Teradata, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server), and Data Warehousing technologies (ETL, OLAP, High Performance/In-Memory Analytics).
- Opportunity to work on various testing tools and test methodologies.
- Exposure to complete the product development life cycle and release management.
- Encouragement for continuous skills upgrade and certifications.
- Be an integral part of the Business Analytics product development teams for varied industry domains and verticals.
Professional Services Competency Center (PSCC) help clients get the most value from their analytic investment in SAS products and solutions; and thus, improve customer experience with SAS.
PSCC provides business, technical and analytical consulting services to US PSD (and SAS PS organizations globally) in the various domains and solutions including Customer Intelligence, Security Intelligence, Data Management (Data Integration, ETL, BI, DQ) and Analytics for clients in different verticals like Banking, Insurance, Retail, Telecom and Healthcare.
The exciting aspect of being a PSCC Consultant is the variety of roles a person gets to play, working with the broad spectrum of SAS solutions. Some of the roles include:
- Analytical Modeler
- Business Consultants/Analyst
- Implementation Specialist
- Platform Architect
- Sales/Pre-Sales/POC/POV support
- Solution Expert
- Thought Leader
The Education department provides training and services that encourage SAS users to realize the full potential of SAS. The trainers offer a broad spectrum of customer training services around Analytics and allied areas. These services are provided across the globe, for a variety of customers in Banking, Insurance, Retail, Agriculture, Education, Telecommunications, Government Departments and so on.
The Customer Success team consists of Customer Intelligence domain experts who work with SAS country offices across the globe. The focus is to drive revenue by developing sales opportunities, supporting sales engagements, and enabling the field via training and knowledge sharing.
Alliances Enablement helps our strategic partners leverage the power of SAS for our clients.
SAS Enterprise Excellence Center
SAS Enterprise Excellence Center (EEC), provides key customer experience programs, such as R&D customer scenario testing, benchmarking, and proofs to improve product development at SAS. This ultimately helps ensure success in sales.
EEC Sizing is the process to identify SAS computing resources (cores and memory) for the deployment of the SAS solution(s) being positioned. This process ensures that the estimates are adequate for business problem(s), provides a higher level of confidence to customers, and reduces risk to both the customer and SAS.
The Demo Center Program provides standard software installations that can be used to deliver customized demos, POCs, and hosted software evaluations, anywhere in the world. In addition, the team provides support for partners and other enterprise class hardware.
The Benchmarking Group produces benchmarking briefs for SAS solutions on the latest hardware.
SAS Solutions OnDemand
The SAS Solutions OnDemand (SSO) team is a cloud delivery team, which works on various customer projects in Financial Risk management, Fraud, Analytics, and Customer Intelligence. SSO works across the entire project lifecycle. This includes, requirements gathering, design (data model, data management, BI, application design and analytics), development, testing and support. The team leverages the SAS Private Cloud or Public Cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure, to host the customer environment, and takes complete ownership and accountability for the projects. This also provides a great learning and enriching experience for the team.
Along with the customer projects, SSO also works on developing field driven solutions and integration framework for SAS customers. SSO team is at the forefront of exploring new areas, such as, Text Analytics, Image Classification, Machine Learning, SaaS, HTML5, NoSQL databases and so on. This enables the team to continuously add value, and provide innovative solutions for the customers.
The Product Management team ensures that SAS® products not only align with changing market demands, but exceed market expectations. The team is tasked with delivering market driven products based on customer requirements, market direction and field contribution. Our Product Managers serve as product champions by interacting with customers, prospects, thought leaders and analysts.
The Project Management team works at effectively and efficiently applying Project Management principles, to help product groups deliver releases based on the agreed-to quality, scope and schedule. This team provides an important interface between Product Development, Release Management, and other stakeholders, to ensure that the products are shipped in a timely manner. This is done by implementing Agile and PMI practices that help guide the teams at SAS, to manage project risks effectively.
User Experience Design
The User Experience Design (UXD) team provides software Usability and Accessibility design expertise to product teams at SAS. This includes, conducting usability studies, prototyping, producing detailed UI design specifications, and ensuring user interface consistency within a multi-application suite, while creating and maintaining Usability standards. This is carried out with a strong emphasis on human error control, display issues and visual interaction, with a focus on task and objective analysis.
The goal of the Technical Publications team, is to enrich the overall user experience and get the most out of their investment in SAS, by providing a well written and user-friendly documentation. The team uses state-of-the-art authoring tools and single-source publishing, to develop and deliver outputs in various formats (PDF, ePUB, HTML, and others). These documents are accessible across all desktop and mobile devices. The docs are also checked for style, terminology, grammar, and spelling, using Acrolinx. This helps maintain consistency in the documentation, and use the translation memory more effectively, thus making the documentation more usable for all audiences.
SAS Technical Support team's mission is to help customers make the best use of software products at SAS, through effective and responsive support, active advocacy, and a broad and flexible range of self-help resources.
The goal of the Technical Support team is to keep the customers focused on the road ahead, by helping them to:
- Get their technology up and running with minimal interruption
- Evolve their team's skills with online resources
- Quickly download hot fixes and important updates
- Get well-informed answers from several disciplines, including research and development, consulting and more
The success of SAS Technical Support is attributed to our talented team, who share a passion for problem-solving, and helping our customers succeed.
We believe in providing an exceptional employee experience and that means everything from meaningful work to a great work environment to personal benefits. The work that we do every day makes a difference. And we recognize how we live matters too – both on and off the job. So, we take a total rewards approach providing both financial and unique personal benefits. SAS Total Rewards focuses on what is important to you – health, life, money and career.
We offer comprehensive health care benefits, support programs and expertise to help employees live a healthier and more enjoyable life – at work and at home.
- Extensive Health Care Plan covering an employee along with their dependents under the Mediclaim Hospitalization Benefit from their date of joining
- Reimbursement of health club, sports, yoga classes, marathon fees, nutrition counseling
- Reimbursement of Annual Health Check up
- Specialized health check camps – Dental care, Cardiac, Orthopedic, Body Composition, Liver and so on, complimented by counseling
- On-site aerobic/dance classes; annual sports events organized by Wellness team
- Ergonomics Support and Consultation, Sleep Transformation Program
- Meditation room
- Infirmary room
- Lactation room for new mothers
- Games area for sports and fun
- Quiet room to focus and concentrate
Our SAS Culture supports the important parts of life – the joys and responsibilities of loved ones and personal interests.
- Work-life Flexibility and Balance
- Personal Accident Insurance (PAI)
- Term Life Insurance
- 24 X 7 Happiness Assistance (EAP) - counseling on social, mental, financial and legal issues
- #ComfortLife Services
- Time off – generous vacation benefits, company paid holidays, optional leave for celebrations, school meeting leave, CSR leave and other types of leave for personal, family illness or bereavement.
Family Connect – We are committed to helping employees and their families achieve balance in their lives by providing various benefits and programs:
- Family Assistance includes day care/elder care reimbursements
- Adoption Assistance
- Family Care Leave
- Gifts for newly married couple, new baby or family gifts
- Family Events/Family Scope
Base pay is the most visible part of your compensation, but it is not the only part. SAS also invests in employees by helping them prepare financially for their future, and by providing them with financial protection.
- Flexible Compensation Plan
- Employee Discount Platform
- Financial planning tools, counseling
What will my SAS career journey look like? It's a big question that employees get to answer. Owning their career here means keeping a long-term vision in mind. This could be a defined goal that they keep reaching toward, or one that changes as their interests and experience grows. We provide:
- Career Resources
- Career Architecture
- Multi-Modal approach to Learning and Development
- Education and Certification Support On-site Library and e-learning platforms
- Managers as Coaches
- Inside First – Expanding Career Horizons through internal job transfers
- Learning Management System
Diversity fuels our innovation.
- Leveraging Diversity to build a Collaborative Workforce
- Multi-Generational Diversity
- Gender Diversity
- Leadership Diversity
- Interests Diversity
- Embracing a National Workforce
Leveraging Diversity to build a Collaborative Workforce
We are like potpourri! Just like the aroma of a potpourri, which has a mixture of colors and fragrances, our workforce is a wonderful mix of people from various regions of India, from a variety of educational fields and representing many generations. Above all, we have a wide variety of skills and talent, all directed toward one passion of meeting common goals – SAS’ goals. Diversity enriches our work culture, brings zest and fun to the workplace, and keeps us engaged for a long career with SAS.
We believe that culturally diverse teams yield more creative, synergistic and effective outcomes. A collaborative work force can result in a more productive workplace, which in turn, translates to greater organizational success.
At SAS R&D India, we understand that people belonging to different generations differ in their preferred way to work, view toward relationships, rewards, finances, approach to feedback, communication style, and motivational buttons. We continue to strive to make the workplace practices and policies more inclusive, to include the views, opinions and interests of all generations at work. Our job engagements (job design, technical events, and committees) help team members to work across age and job functions. We benefit from one-on-one coaching between a senior and a junior, where the junior also reverse coaches the senior to think differently and invite new perspectives.
We believe that an organization’s potential to leverage diversity is directly proportional to the leadership potential of the organization. We coach our managers to leverage diversity for fueling innovation in the organization and use it as a business advantage.
We have healthy ratio of 75:25 of men/women in our workforce in the technology field. Hiring and nurturing women professionals is of paramount importance to us. We believe women professionals bring in their unique set of thinking and perspectives to the workforce. We understand the challenges that women face in the initial 10 years of career. Our policies and practices are designed to encourage women to find work-life balance and smoothly transition to work after child-birth. Our Women Initiatives Network (WIN) team has an active membership of 125 participants, who cater to the professional and personal development of women technologists. Our MOM Buddy Group supports new mothers with knowledge and guidance to come back successfully to work again. Our leaders believe that if they support women professionals during their transition through life stages, we will retain more engaged and high performing employees.
Building a diverse workplace starts at the top with a diverse leadership team. To have the right balance in leadership, SAS encourages open positions for management to be posted internally and externally. Our internal job positing and effective transfer policy within SAS R&D India and across SAS promotes leadership diversity. We see a clear benefit of this diversity in organization decisions. Our diverse leadership team brings different perspectives and unique experiences, which help in finding creative solutions to problems and generating new ideas.
We believe when talent walks into our company, they bring along their personal and professional interests with them. It is exciting to harness personal interests of talents in building employee initiated groups toward their love for art, music, sports and social cause. These groups promote and interact through our internal social media portal The Hub.
Whether it is a group singing during lunch time, people running a marathon, a group out on a Saturday supporting a social cause, a set of families flying kites or star gazing, everyone gets to align their interests. We believe, this supports the social fabric of the organization, and enhances collaboration across the organization.
Embracing a national workforce
SAS has been successfully hiring people from various regions and ethnic backgrounds. Advertisements on hiring are released online, and through employee referrals. Online and video resources are used to meet and discuss with prospective employees. Upon hiring, we provide support relocation for new hires and their families to the base location, through relocation assistance.
I couldn’t have felt more welcomed anywhere else. Everything, right from scheduling of the interview to allocation of the company guesthouse and reimbursement of my relocation expenses was organized and taken good care of, ensuring that I had a very pleasant beginning. The guesthouse was clean and hygienic with good amenities. Most importantly it was close to the office, sparing me the trouble of traveling in a new city. My colleagues helped me in finding a permanent accommodation. Overall, my transition from Mumbai to Pune was smooth.
Senior Software Engineer
Here everyone wants to create an impact. My job is to allow them to be part of the innovation-based projects in your company by letting them get their hands dirty. Ideation is important, but being part of implementing the ideas that come to life can be a more exciting and meaningful growth opportunity for each member that inspires them to perform. It’s great to allow innovation to inspire performance.
From day one at SAS I have come across colleagues who are extremely motivating. Also, the work culture and the working environment inspire you to give your best and fosters innovative thinking without having to worry about unnecessary things. Most important of all, I feel I have received all the support and guidance with the right opportunities to showcase and nurture my talents.
10 years in the same organization sounds like a long time. However, it all seems like yesterday when I joined SAS. I joined Pune office as an individual contributor and tester. Over the past several years, SAS has provided me with an opportunity to work on several projects and grow professionally. Every year, I have found there is something new to work on either on the technical front or at a managerial level. SAS has developed a culture of trust and openness - it’s always trusted employees and provided the freedom to do the right things for our customers. This is one of the values that I would cherish the most working at SAS.
Senior Software Manager
When somebody welcomes you with the rose and chocolates, how do you feel? Important, Valued, Cared? Yes, that is what I felt when I joined SAS. I received a warm welcome by HR when I joined. Documentation process was also simple and straight forward. Once I finished with documentation I went to meet my team with my “Buddy Angel”! It was actually a pleasant surprise to find out everything was ready for me on the very first day and my accesses were in place. I started going through policies and found SAS has numerous employee friendly policies. Soon our director arranged an introduction meeting with the entire team. And at last I would like to say, SAS is the coolest company I have ever worked with!
Sr. Associate Technical Consultant
Because of what I do, SAS solutions are able to deliver quality software to our customers. My most memorable moment at SAS was when I got the job offer from SAS. The interesting part of the job is the learnings from technical challenges. There are always new learnings every time. There are ample of opportunities provided which helps me learn, develop, and hone my skills. As a software developer, being passionate about your work is key.
Senior Software Engineer
A big part of my job satisfaction is not only feeling like my voice is heard, but that I can ask questions without feeling like certain topics are off-limits. Our leaders are willing to answer whatever questions are asked – nothing is off the table. It's informative and empowering because we are all focused on the same thing: keeping our company strong.
Principal Project Manager
One of the best highlights of SAS culture is the way it encourages SAS people to live a healthy lifestyle. Being a part of SAS family, we get benefits like annual health club membership and annual health check-up.
I am an active runner and I love to run long distances. Thanks to the health and fitness culture as well as work-life balance that we have in SAS, I can focus on my fitness goals, which keeps me at peace throughout my day at work.
I was a part of the SAS football team and the training really helped me discover my passion for running. I also appreciate the wellness endeavors at SAS Pune, which encourage employees to consider their health issues on priority. I recall the enthusiasm from our participants who came for Body Composition Analysis Camp, the Orthopedic Consultation Camp, Yoga Sessions, and several other initiatives related to fitness. I have seen the transition in our people who have experienced it in last few years. It’s contagious and I am happy to see it growing at SAS.
Within a very short time span of one year at SAS, the extent of appreciation, recognition, and encouragement that I received has been far beyond my expectations. My work was acknowledged and valued. I received a Valuable Contribution Award for my work in multiple customer engagements in the past year. This recognition motivated me and gave me a feeling that my work is truly valued. These awards encourage employees to push their boundaries and excel beyond the usual deliverables. An extremely supportive team and excellent guidance from the management has empowered me to deliver my best. Looking forward to an enriching journey with SAS.
Sr. Associate Technical Consultant
We are proud of SAS and our reputation as a great workplace. Our recruitment strategies, combined with our reputation as a stellar workplace, go a long way to attract qualified applicants.
For SAS, it is not enough to only hire the right skills. We comb the industry for individuals who will embrace the SAS Culture and embody our core values: Authentic, Accountable, Curious and Passionate.
Once we have found the perfect fit, we want to make a lasting impression. When new employees are warmly welcomed, it greatly fuels their enthusiasm and solidifies our relationship. We are excited to welcome new employees into the SAS family and help them acclimatise into their new roles.
For further details and to apply for open vacancies, please visit our India Careers website here.
SAS remains in touch with ex-employees. Every ex-employee receives a personal birthday message from SAS and this has been a great bond developed over the years.
WinBack - “Once a SASian, always a SASian”
It feels good to be back at SAS. The work life balance here is unparalleled. Having experienced a different world outside, I can vouch for the fact that SAS is indeed one of the best places to work. People did welcome me, and I was very pleased to find my email-inbox with nice messages on the first day of my comeback. Given that most of them already knew me, helped.
It was a very warm welcome back from my team. The team has never made me feel that I was away for a year.
Senior Software Engineer