How SAS® Impacts Student Success in Higher Education
Institutions that rely on our expertise in education can revolutionize their ability to integrate and analyze student data in innovative ways that generate new perspectives on common problems. Whether it's forecasting student enrollment, predicting retention and graduation likelihood, or optimizing financial aid, SAS transforms data into insights to improve the overall student experience.
- Connect to the data you need quickly and easily, wherever it resides within the institution.
- Ensure consistency over time by improving the quality and reliability of student data.
- Provide better data faster with a comprehensive platform that integrates, governs and cleans data from disparate systems to create one version of the truth.
- Take advantage of education-specific governance processes and data models to allow for consistent and accurate decision making.
Analytics for student success
- Discover trends in student outcomes and determine what factors affect student success.
- Analyze program effectiveness and recommend personalized outreach and actions for identified students.
- Optimize scenarios to understand the potential impact of new policies, procedures and protocols on students and across the campus.
- Take full advantage of more than 40 years of analytics experience with higher education data systems.
- Benefit from dedicated education industry experts who work alongside you and your team.
- Rely on SAS' proven track record of successfully delivering analytics solutions to more than 3,000 education customers.
Faster time to value
- Increase positive outcomes with prebuilt, industry-specific visualizations and analytical data models.
- Get up and running quickly with out-of-the-box data processes on-site or in the cloud with solutions tuned to your requirements.
- Access a wide range of reports to help you forecast student enrollment and retention and to predict graduation likelihood and career readiness.
Why do educational institutions choose SAS® for student success?
SAS helps you have a positive impact on student success by making reliable analytical insights available across the institution. You can confidently make decisions – based on trusted information – that anticipate student needs, nurture student engagement and boost student achievement.
Attract the right students and ensure degree progression and completion to help students reach their educational goals and career aspirations.
Anticipate student trends
Identify trends and tailor strategies to improve student outcomes.
Enrich institutional strategy
Analyze education data in innovative ways to solve complex problems regarding recruitment, enrollment, retention and persistence.
Ensure consistency & accuracy
Ease your compliance burden and provide organizational accountability to ensure that your data is accurate and used consistently across your institution.
Update legacy systems and processes with a modernized infrastructure throughout the institution to reduce the number of ad hoc requests.
Analytics is essential to student success.
If a student is good about going to the wellness center in the first month and then suddenly stops going, that’s a red flag. Now our First-Year Success Office can reach out to those students and help keep them engaged. Christie Hawkins, PhD Associate Vice-President for Administration & Finance and Director of Institutional Research & Information Management Oklahoma State University
Customer Success in Higher Education
Working Smarter With SAS®
Canterbury Christ Church University
Improving the academic performance of 17,000 students, including 1,000 international and EU students
SAS helped Canterbury Christ Church University gain reliable access to student data that feeds into almost every aspect of the university's academic, operational and financial administration.
Recommended Resources for Student Success in Higher Education
- White Paper From Data Rich, Information Poor to a $37.8 Million Return on InvestmentHow the University of North Texas (UNT) improved student and faculty outcomes and financially benefited the university.
- White Paper Building an Analytical Culture for SuccessAn ambitious, culture-centric project reshaped people’s attitudes about data and quickly returned more than a $1 million in cost savings. See the six guiding principles that led to success where three earlier attempts had failed.
- White Paper Data Management: The Foundation for Successful Reporting and Analytics in EducationSee how effective data management enables educational institutions to generate accurate reports and analytics - and how SAS can help.
- E-Book Government and education: Leading through changeExplore the collected wisdom and stories of government and education leaders who are rising to the challenges of our times and applying analytics to drive evidence-based decision making.
- White Paper Ten Tips for Using Data and Analytics Effectively in EducationLearn how to turn scattered data sources into timely, data-informed insights for improving performance, student and institutional effectiveness, and more
- Series SAS Training: Data Literacy EssentialsFrom young students to lifelong learners, knowing how to engage with data is more important than ever. Check out our free, self-paced data literacy course to start building those skills!
- Webinar Analytics for Higher EducationJoin us for this special summit focused on how leaders in higher education are using analytics to make the most out of their data and enhancing every aspect of their institutions.