FRAUD & SECURITY INSIGHTS
Protect your data, protect your customers
Recent Fraud & Security articles
- Analytics can help prevent substance use disorder and over-prescribingStates and MFCUs now have the analytics tools they need to change the trajectory of the opioid crisis by analyzing data and predicting trouble spots – whether in patients, prescribers, distributors or manufacturers. The OIG Toolkit with free SAS® programming code makes that possible.
- Alm. Brand knows how to spot a fraudulent insurance claimIn order to protect the vast majority of their honest clients against the fraudulent practices of the few, Alm. Brand have introduced SAS® Fraud Framework.
- Proactive detection – A new approach to counter terrorTo counter terror, investigative teams can better utilize the data they already have by applying a fresh approach with these steps to proactive detection.
- Stop contract and procurement fraudFraud affects an estimated 30 percent of organizations' procurement processes. Beyond business rules and anomaly detection, analytics can detect and prevent fraud and preserve the integrity of the procurement process.
- Nets banks on sophisticated analytics to stop credit card fraud before it happensThe leading Nordic payment service provider Nets decided to upgrade its services related to fraud management within card payments. Criminals conducting payment card fraud today are getting more and more advanced, and this challenges Nets to keep staying a couple of steps ahead of them all the time.
- Breach of confidence at the EU levelEU Commissioner Margrethe Vestager confronts corporate crime. Digitisation is making an impact on legitimate as well as illegitimate business practices.
- Data management for cybersecurity: Know the essentialsSecurity teams tend to underestimate the importance of data management for cybersecurity. See the seven key reasons data management has been so difficult and five steps to getting it right.
- Analytics for prescription drug monitoringPrescription drug monitoring programs (PDMPs) are a great start in combating abuse of prescription drugs, but they could be doing much more. Better data and analytics can inform better treatment protocols, provider education and policy decisions – and save lives.
- The online payment fraud stops hereBillions of dollars a year are lost to online payment fraud through channels that provide convenient – yet vulnerable – ways to shop and bank. See how to fight back and win with advanced analytics.
- A modern cybersecurity strategy: Building a cybersecurity planThe main considerations of a foundational component of a cyber strategy: the cybersecurity plan.
- The case for cybersecurity analyticsCombining cybersecurity with analytics helps you understand how people are trying to access your systems. Learn how analytics can augment your security program.
- A modern cybersecurity strategy: Building a budgetA cybersecurity strategy requires more than just executive support. Learn how IT can get the tools and training designed to protect you from modern threats.
- Five trends in fraud solutionsLeading financial firms are adopting fraud solutions that use Big Data, high-performance computing and hybrid analytics to more effectively detect threats as they emerge and to run more efficient investigations.
- Is it case management or alert management?Both AML and payments fraud generate alerts and each handles them in different ways. It’s paramount that fraud professionals, vendor representatives and others come to a common understanding of the two terms: case management and alert management.
- Blind to the black swan theory? How a centralized approach applying analytics to financial crime prevention can protect against the unexpected.
- Small-time cheats and organized crime: Benefits fraud re-examinedTo combat benefits fraud, better utilize resources and improve ROI, analytics can detect organized crime rings rather than just small-time fraudsters.
- Don’t let data management issues derail your insurance fraud analytics projectA few data management considerations for your insurance fraud analytics project can improve fraud detection rates, decrease false positives and lead to better investigation outcomes.
- Bridge the gap between financial crime analytics and investigationsHow to manage the escalating analytic demand required to run financial crime platforms.
- An executive perspective on risk and fraudHSBC's global risk COO on how the world’s second-largest bank uses data management, analytics and industry expertise to tackle financial crime and more.
- Are we in control?Banks are undergoing a crisis in profitability. This calls for a fundamental transformation of control and compliance.
Send SAS Insights straight to your inbox