Turn your customer data into better experiences
Recent marketing articles
- What is marketing automation?Marketing automation uses the customer data you collect to create more effective campaigns and for better decisions across all channels – email, social and web.
- Real-time customer engagement is the future of experience managementReal-time customer engagement delivers contextual recommendations and decisions to your interactive customer channels at every possible touch point.
- It’s time for marketers to get serious about dataShould your data be doing more for you, or should you be doing more with your data? The answer for marketers is yes to both parts of the question.
- The marketer's dream: Harmonic convergenceCustomer journey maps, strong internal partners and clear strategies for change can help marketers align organizational efforts to foster peace and harmony.
- Customer loyalty in a digital world: A new approachCustomer loyalty offers a good news/bad news message. Loyalty programs are on the rise. Bad news? About 60 percent of your customer don't belong. Here are some ways to attract and retain the best customers.
- Marketing measurement do's and don'tsHow can marketers capture the C-suite's attention? Draw a clear line between marketing activities and results.
- How to build better customer loyaltyCustomer loyalty just doesn't happen because you wish for it. You have to work at it. Here are some ways to make your efforts more successful.
- Know your data, know your customersIn the digital world, customers expect to be known as individuals with distinct preferences, not just as one member of a segment. Learn how to start with analytics.
- Building a high-performance marketing engineA typical gas-powered car has more than 10,000 moving parts. Mega car dealer AutoNation had at least that many marketing parts to deal with when the company consolidated dealerships in 15 states. Here's what you can learn from their experience.
- How to be cool, not creepy, with customer dataWhat concerns do retailers have regarding consumer privacy? And how are they addressing those concerns while still meeting customer needs? Find out why our panel of retail executives recommends a conservative approach to consumer privacy.
- The first step in building a better customer experienceIt's true that you can't build a great structure on a weak foundation. Learn what it takes to make a solid start on your data groundwork.
- The era of gargantuan dataAt The Big Show in New York City, we heard from eBay, Chico's and Brooks Brothers about their use of big data for customer loyalty.
- Seven characteristics of the modern consumerToday's consumers are connected, content driven and global. Learn how leaders from eBay, Chico’s and Brooks Brothers described their shoppers at the recent Retail Big Show.
- The value is in the visit, not just the saleHistorically, omnichannel strategies have focused on optimizing sales for each channel, with a goal of driving a purchase from every visit. Not anymore, says Darren Stoll of Macys.com. Now, the focus is on optimizing the overall customer experience. Keep reading to learn what that means for the iconic brand.
- The intelligence behind customer loyaltyResearchers from the Kellogg School of Management discovered that there are three categories of shoppers with very different shopping patterns. For retailers, this means segmenting loyalty programs based on the distinct patterns of each group.
- Five content strategy lessons from ANZ BankContent marketing has helped ANZ dramatically increase online sales of its business products. Find out what they've learned about content strategy.
- Five tips for improving customer profitability from Harvard Business ReviewRight now, customers are experiencing your company online, on your mobile app, by phone and in person. Are those experiences forging a bond – or driving them away? New research from HBR reveals the customer experience lessons you need to apply now.
- Three tips for data-driven marketing from the Las Vegas SandsRom Hendler, Chief Administrative Officer for the Las Vegas Sands is a firm believer in managing marketing with analytics. Here's how he does it.
- How to build a mobile marketing strategyDeveloping a mobile marketing strategy can be daunting, especially if your current approach lacks a clear focus and strong connection with customers' wants. Here are the questions you should be able to answer before your strategy work begins.
- Four ways Vail Resorts creates epic experiencesVail Resorts is a coveted vacation spot, sure. But did you know the resort is also a social media titan? Find out how Vail Resort gained 35 million social media impressions and turned happy guests into brand ambassadors.
Send SAS Insights straight to your inbox