FRAUD & SECURITY INSIGHTS
Protect your data, protect your customers
Recent Fraud & Security articles
- The state of insurance fraud technologyA 2019 Coalition Against Insurance Fraud study surveyed 84 companies on their use of anti-fraud technologies and compared results to 2014 and 2016. Get the highlights here.
- How AI and advanced analytics are impacting the financial services industryTop SAS experts weigh in on the topics that are keeping institutions up at night and fraudsters in a job.
- Analytics: A must-have tool for leading the fight on prescription and illicit drug addictionStates and MFCUs now have the analytics tools they need to change the trajectory of the opioid crisis by analyzing data and predicting trouble spots – whether in patients, prescribers, distributors or manufacturers. The OIG Toolkit with free SAS® programming code makes that possible.
- Anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financingTo monitor for financial crimes, an essential element for both anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing is using data analysis to detect unusual activity during processing by monitoring transactions, customers and the network of behaviors.
- What do drones, AI and proactive policing have in common?Law enforcement and public safety agencies must wrangle diverse data sets to be effective in their operations. Intelligence analysts are using that data to apply machine learning and AI for more proactive policing.
- 4 strategies that will change your approach to fraud detectionTechnology advances are giving financial institutions a better arsenal than ever for fraud detection. Take a look at four ways to turbocharge your defenses.
- Fraud detection and machine learning: What you need to knowFrom integrating throughout operations to maintaining customer service, machine learning – supervised and unsupervised – is a critical part of the fraud detection toolkit. Here’s what you’ll need to consider to get started.
- Proactive detection – A new approach to counter terrorTo counter terror, investigative teams can better utilize the data they already have by applying a fresh approach with these steps to proactive detection.
- Top 5 prepaid card fraud scamsThe margin for prepaid cards is slim, so it's particularly important to root out the scams. Here are some tips for combating and mitigating prepaid card fraud.
- Stop contract and procurement fraudFraud affects an estimated 30 percent of organizations' procurement processes. Beyond business rules and anomaly detection, analytics can detect and prevent fraud and preserve the integrity of the procurement process.
- What is data governance?Insights to the dangers for organisations failing to effectively manage their data, using mismatched tools & provide solutions to the problems faced.
- 5 steps to sustainable GDPR complianceFollow these steps to achieve GDPR compliance by the May 2018 deadline – and get added benefits along the way.
- Uncover hidden financial crime riskEscalating threats call for a financial crime risk framework that uses powerful, visual, interactive techniques to proactively identify hidden risks.
- Know your blind spots in tax fraud preventionWhat can tax agencies do differently today than just a few years ago? Find out where fraud may lurk inside your agency – and the role analytics can play in tax fraud prevention.
- What is Shadow IT – and can you utilise it?Shadow IT is the usage of external IT systems within an enterprise without organisational approval – but can these systems be utilised?
- Preparing for PSD2 and GDPR – how to develop a compliant strategy The GDPR and PSD2 will force businesses, especially banks, to overhaul existing processes in the name of data protection. But what can they do to prepare?
- Big data: The gold mine of investigative policingFind out what's needed to capitalize on big data for a significant impact your investigators' work and outcomes.
- What is transaction monitoring in AML?Discover how you can enhance your business’ anti-money laundering efforts through more sophisticated transaction monitoring.
- A cybersecurity framework: Six steps to empowering your analyticsAre your cybersecurity tools leaving your organization vulnerable? A career risk management professional/college professor explains why and what to do about it.
- What is an AML analyst – and what makes a great one?Find out what's needed to capitalize on big data for a significant impact your investigators' work and outcomes.
Send SAS Insights straight to your inbox