FRAUD & SECURITY INSIGHTS
Protect your data, protect your customers
Recent Fraud & Security articles
- Managing fraud risk: 10 trends you need to watchSynthetic identities, credit washing and income misrepresentation – these are just some of the trends to watch if you’re trying to understand how to manage fraud risk. Find out what’s on the top 10 list of trends according to experts like Frank McKenna and Mary Ann Miller.
- Continuous monitoring: Stop procurement fraud, waste and abuse nowProcurement fraud, waste and abuse silently robs businesses an average of 5% of spend annually. And even when organizations invest in detection methods, they’re often let down by their techniques. Learn what continuous monitoring is and why this proven analytical method is key to fighting back.
- Next generation anti-money laundering: robotics, semantic analysis and AIAnti-money laundering taken to its next level is sometimes referred to as AML 2.0 or AML 3.0. What does this next wave of AML technology look like? What can it do that you can’t do with traditional AML? See the results innovative financial institutions around the globe are already getting.
- The state of insurance fraud technologyA 2019 Coalition Against Insurance Fraud study surveyed 84 companies on their use of anti-fraud technologies and compared results to 2014 and 2016. Get the highlights here.
- How AI and advanced analytics are impacting the financial services industryTop SAS experts weigh in on the topics that are keeping institutions up at night and fraudsters in a job.
- Analytics: A must-have tool for leading the fight on prescription and illicit drug addictionStates and MFCUs now have the analytics tools they need to change the trajectory of the opioid crisis by analyzing data and predicting trouble spots – whether in patients, prescribers, distributors or manufacturers. The OIG Toolkit with free SAS® programming code makes that possible.
- Strengthen your payment fraud defenses with stronger authenticationThe rapid growth of digital wallets and payment applications has ushered in new payment fraud threats to consumers and organizations. Find out how the use of innovative technologies to combat payment fraud is a viable and effective solution with additional benefits.
- Anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financingTo monitor for financial crimes, an essential element for both anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing is using data analysis to detect unusual activity during processing by monitoring transactions, customers and the network of behaviors.
- What do drones, AI and proactive policing have in common?Law enforcement and public safety agencies must wrangle diverse data sets – such as data from drones – in their proactive policing operations. To be most effective, they need modern tools that support AI techniques like machine learning, computer vision and natural language processing.
- 4 strategies that will change your approach to fraud detectionTechnology advances are giving financial institutions a better arsenal than ever for fraud detection. Take a look at four ways to turbocharge your defenses.
- Fraud detection and machine learning: What you need to knowMachine learning and fraud analytics are critical components of a fraud detection toolkit. Here’s what you’ll need to get started – from integrating supervised and unsupervised machine learning in operations to maintaining customer service while defending against fraud.
- Proactive detection – A new approach to counter terrorTo counter terror, investigative teams can better utilize the data they already have by applying a fresh approach with these steps to proactive detection.
- Top 5 prepaid card fraud scamsThe margin for prepaid cards is slim, so it's particularly important to root out the scams. Here are some tips for combating and mitigating prepaid card fraud.
- Stop contract and procurement fraudFraud affects an estimated 30 percent of organizations' procurement processes. Beyond business rules and anomaly detection, analytics can detect and prevent fraud and preserve the integrity of the procurement process.
- What is data governance?Insights to the dangers for organisations failing to effectively manage their data, using mismatched tools & provide solutions to the problems faced.
- 5 steps to sustainable GDPR complianceFollow these steps to achieve GDPR compliance by the May 2018 deadline – and get added benefits along the way.
- Uncover hidden financial crime riskEscalating threats call for a financial crime risk framework that uses powerful, visual, interactive techniques to proactively identify hidden risks.
- Know your blind spots in tax fraud preventionWhat can tax agencies do differently today than just a few years ago? Find out where fraud may lurk inside your agency – and the role analytics can play in tax fraud prevention.
- Taking pre-emptive action to stem the tide of VAT fraud lossesEU countries lost an estimated €159.5 billion in VAT revenues to VAT fraud in 2014. The solution? Hybrid fraud analytics technology.
- What is Shadow IT – and can you utilise it?Shadow IT is the usage of external IT systems within an enterprise without organisational approval – but can these systems be utilised?
Send SAS Insights straight to your inbox