As the utility industry undergoes sweeping changes at the nexus of technology, climate-driven regulatory requirements, newly born competitors and customer demands, using data to meet these challenges is critical. Specifically, this means leveraging massive data sets to transform the utility from operating reactively to proactively across customer operations, grid operations, load forecasting and renewables management. This requires an analytics platform that can ingest and govern these massive data sets, along with the AI and machine learning algorithms that deliver predictive insights you can act on.
How AI Can Help
Across the utility enterprise, artificial intelligence (AI) can enhance the speed, precision and effectiveness of human efforts, resulting in a more efficient, reliable utility. With AI capabilities from SAS, you can:
- Turn customer experience into customer engagement. With embedded AI tools, you can stitch data together from all sources, providing an accurate and evolving view of the customer journey. Then optimize customer journeys across all channels to maximize engagement and enable real-time decisioning.
- Protect revenue. Use AI and machine learning techniques to identify areas of vulnerability to prevent theft, secure revenue and improve financial governance.
- Manage assets predictively. Transform decades-old, time-based maintenance practices. Predictive and prescriptive asset management processes driven by AI and machine learning insights save time and money while improving asset and systemwide reliability.
As the leader in advanced analytics, SAS advocates applying analytics to any data that has the potential to produce insights. That's why we embedded AI capabilities in our software – from SAS® Viya® to solutions tailored to the needs of the utility industry. SAS delivers open, trusted, scalable and sustainable AI capabilities that can help utilities of all sizes achieve growth, profitability and compliance. For more than 40 years, SAS has delivered consistent value to the utility industry, and more than 560 energy companies around the world choose SAS to gain THE POWER TO KNOW®.
- White Paper Artificial Intelligence for Executives Integrating AI Into Your Organization
- Article Artificial intelligence, machine learning, deep learning and more Understanding AI technologies and how they lead to smart applications
- Article Insights Page Intelligence artificielle - Présentation et intérêt
AI Solutions for Utilities
- SAS® Visual Data Mining and Machine LearningRésolvez vos problèmes les plus complexes avec un environnement intégré « in-memory ».
- SAS® Visual Text AnalyticsDécouvrez des informations dissimulées dans des données textuelles grâce à la puissance du traitement du langage naturel, du machine learning et des règles linguistiques.
- SAS® Model Risk ManagementSignificantly reduce your model risk, improve your decision making and financial performance, and meet regulatory demands with comprehensive model risk management.
- SAS® Intelligent DecisioningEnable analytically driven real-time interactions, and automate operational business decisions at scale.
- SAS® Detection and InvestigationRéduisez les pertes liées à la fraude, augmentez votre chiffre d'affaires et améliorez votre efficacité opérationnelle.
- SAS® Energy ForecastingImprove energy forecast performance, reduce uncertainties and generate value.
- SAS® Viya®Bénéficiez de la puissance de SAS dans une solution facile à utiliser, tout en bénéficiant de la rapidité et de la flexibilité d'une solution entièrement " cloud native ".