Transform data into the best decisions
Recent Analytics Insights
- Three steps for conquering the last mile of analyticsPutting your analytical models into production can be the most difficult part of the analytics journey. It’s no surprise that this last mile of analytics – bringing models into deployment – is the hardest part of digital transformation initiatives for organizations to master, yet it’s the most crucial.
- Discover a secret resource for working with cloud providersAre you overwhelmed by the hundreds of options and offers in the cloud? Are you finding it hard to select the best cloud services from the different cloud providers? Why not ask a neutral and informed third party for help?
- The transformational power of evidence-based decision making in health policyState health agencies are under pressure to deliver better health outcomes while minimizing costs. Read how data and analytics are being used to confront our biggest health care challenges head on.
- Operationalizing analytics: 4 ways banks are conquering the infamous ‘last mile’Here are four examples across the banking industry that show how these leading organizations followed a clearly defined path to conquer the infamous 'last mile' of analytics.
- ModelOps: How to operationalize the model life cycleModelOps is where analytical models are cycled from the data science team to the IT production team in a regular cadence of deployment and updates. In the race to realizing value from AI models, it’s a winning ingredient that only a few companies are using.
- From Apollo to AI: A new era of American explorationAs we celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission, what’s the next frontier for American Innovation? It’s available now, from our desks and waits for us to unlock its potential.
- The Humanity in Artificial IntelligenceCould artificial intelligence be the change agent we need to solve many problems around the globe? Read how AI could accelerate our ability to have a a positive, lasting impact.
- What are chatbots?Chatbots are a form of conversational AI designed to simplify human interaction with computers. Learn how chatbots are used in business and how they can be incorporated into analytics applications.
- How to drill a better hole with analyticsFrom drilling holes to preventing health care fraud, learn about some of the new technologies SAS has patented with IoT and machine learning technologies.
- Five AI TechnologiesDo you know the difference between artificial intelligence and machine learning? And can you explain why computer vision is an AI technology? Find out in this short explainer.
- IoT in healthcare: Unlocking true, value-based careGiven the potential of IoT – and the challenges of already overburdened healthcare systems around the world – we can’t afford not to integrate IoT in healthcare.
- Key questions to kick off your data analytics projectsThere’s no single blueprint for starting a data analytics project. Technology expert Phil Simon suggests considering these ten questions as a preliminary guide.
- Analytics: A must-have tool for leading the fight on prescription and illicit drug addictionStates and MFCUs now have the analytics tools they need to change the trajectory of the opioid crisis by analyzing data and predicting trouble spots – whether in patients, prescribers, distributors or manufacturers. The OIG Toolkit with free SAS® programming code makes that possible.
- A guide to machine learning algorithms and their applicationsDo you know the difference between supervised and unsupervised learning? How about the difference between decision trees and forests? Or when to use a support vector algorithm? Get all the answers here.
- Big data in educationA recent MIT Sloan Management report highlights how businesses are using analytics as a source of innovation – so are universities, says SAS' Georgia Mariani.
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence in a brave new worldWhat is the interplay between man and machine in a brave new world with AI?
- 3 steps for AI ethicsWill artificial intelligence benefit humanity or usher in a series of unintended consequences? AI ethics may be one way to ensure artificial intelligence is used for good.
- Nerd in the herd: protecting elephants with data scienceA passionate SAS data scientist uses machine learning to detect tuberculosis in elephants. Find out how her research can help prevent the spread of the disease.
- What do drones, AI and proactive policing have in common?Law enforcement and public safety agencies must wrangle diverse data sets to be effective in their operations. Intelligence analysts are using that data to apply machine learning and AI for more proactive policing.
- Meet the data scientist: Kristin CarneyWhen Kristin Carney graduated with a BS in mathematics, she wasn't sure what she wanted to do with her degree. That’s when she began researching data science.
Send SAS Insights straight to your inbox