BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE INSIGHTS
See your data in new ways
Recent Business Intelligence articles
- Optimizing well placement to eliminate water poverty How data visualization is helping Water for Good bring fresh water to the Central African Republic.
- The transformational power of evidence-based decision making in health policyState health agencies are under pressure to deliver better health outcomes while minimizing costs. Read how data and analytics are being used to confront our biggest health care challenges head on.
- Seven tips for creating a self-service BI governance strategySelf-service BI and IT governance – sometimes the two seem at odds. Can they coexist peacefully? Live happily ever after? TDWI thinks so. They offer seven tips for creating a strategy that works for both.
- 5 reasons why everybody should learn data analyticsCould data analytics be the new coding? We certainly think so, and in this article we'll look at five reasons why data analytics is a great skill to learn.
- Location intelligence: Adding geospatial context to BI Get tips for implementing a location intelligence data strategy from industry thought leader and data explorer, Jen Underwood.
- Location analytics: Why adding where makes BI betterLearn how location analytics can enrich your BI endeavors by blending geographic data, spatial analysis and business data for deeper insights.
- Can analytics and the IoT prevent an energy sector death spiral?Are you hurting your own business by offering enticing deals to new customers?
- Can analytics and the IoT prevent an energy sector death spiral?How does the energy sector develop strategies to effectively leverage opportunities. How can the internet of things (IoT) and analytics save the industry?
- Learning the art of analytical storytellingCrafting and pitching enticing data-driven stories is a vital skill to master. Here are a few tips to help you get started with storytelling visualizations.
- Governed analytics and discovery: Balancing business user and IT needsTDWI provides seven steps for balancing IT governance needs with the expanding use of self-service BI and data discovery tools.
- 3 capabilities delivered by analytical data visualisationHow is data visualisation set to benefit your organisation? Visual analytics tools from SAS help you understand data faster and more effectively.
- How to get the most from your Visual Analytics softwareSAS Visual Analytics is an essential data storytelling platform that local sports organisations can use to manage resources and build participant engagement.
- How is analytics bringing us the next generation of fan experiences?The fan experience of the future is just around the corner. How are data analytics and smart stadium innovations helping deliver it?
- Why analytics is your best ticket vendorGetting fans into the stadium is key for improving revenue from ticket sales. How is SAS Analytics helping teams fill the house on game day?
- The rising star in sports: AnalyticsData analytics is a rising star in sports around the world, helping players and coaches understand and harness the factors that drive success on the field.
- Become a strategic business partner using analytics in financeCollecting, validating and reporting information is no longer enough for finance professionals – it’s time to transform your role using analytics in finance.
- Exploring the sun with big dataResearchers working for NASA are using automatic, exploratory and visual analysis of big data to help understand the mysteries of our universe.
- A brave new world of analyticsMike Frost from SAS explains how a modern analytics platform can help make sense of the new, complex data reality.
- Stop guessing and try data-driven business decisions insteadHere's some advice from TWDI's David Stodder on how to use visual analytics for data-driven business decisions.
- Transaction monitoring: To segment or not?A typical anti-money laundering transaction monitoring program has scenarios that monitor the customers and accounts that pose the most risk. The fact is … this one-size-fits-all methodology isn’t very effective because customers transact differently based on many factors. So how do you incorporate that into your program?
Send SAS Insights straight to your inbox