DATA MANAGEMENT INSIGHTS
Turn big data into big value
Recent Data Management articles
- IoT: The customer experience accelerator you can't afford to ignoreIoT represents a powerful source of data that, when combined with analytics, can yield insights on everything from behavior to emotions to health. And that's why it's key to improving customer experience.
- Data lineage: Making artificial intelligence smarterFor AI to reach its full potential, the data feeding its algorithms and models needs to be well-understood. Data lineage plays a vital role in understanding data, making it a foundational principle of AI.
- Key questions to kick off your data analytics projectsThere’s no single blueprint for starting a data analytics project. Technology expert Phil Simon suggests considering these ten questions as a preliminary guide.
- 5 things to do to become data-drivenDecisions based on poor data – or models that have degraded – can have a negative effect on the business. Read about the five best practices for becoming data-driven that TDWI uncovered in a recent survey.
- GDPR and AI: Friends, foes or something in between?The GDPR may not be best buddies with artificial intelligence – but GDPR and AI aren't enemies, either. Kalliopi Spyridaki explains the tricky relationship between the two.
- Personal data: Getting it right with GDPRTo learn more about the definition of personal data, why it’s in the news and why it’s being tightly regulated by laws like the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we interviewed Jay Exum, Privacy Counsel at SAS.
- Data integration: It ain't what it used to beOnce limited in scope, data integration now supports analytics and data-driven operational processes like real-time insurance claims processing and IoT apps.
- The five D's of data preparationFrom discovering which data is best to use, to delivering it in the right format to users, learn why these 5 D’s are essential to data preparation.
- Data management backgrounderFrom data integration to data quality and data preparation, find out what these terms mean and why they’re so important for your analytics projects.
- Data quality management What you need to knowData quality isn’t simply good or bad. Data quality management puts quality in context to improve fitness of the data you use for analysis and decision-making.
- The future of IoT: On the edgeFrom cows to factory floors, the IoT promises intriguing opportunities for business. Find out how three experts envision the future of IoT.
- Data lake and data warehouse – know the differenceData lake – is it just marketing hype or a new name for a data warehouse? Find out what a data lake is, how it works and when you might need one.
- 5 steps to sustainable GDPR complianceFollow these steps to achieve GDPR compliance by the May 2018 deadline – and get added benefits along the way.
- General Data Protection Regulation: From burden to opportunityThe General Data Protection Regulation stirs up mixed emotions, but Kalliopi Spyridaki shows how to use the new legislation for business advantage.
- How openness can supercharge event stream analyticsWhat does openness do for event stream analytics? David Loshin shows how it helps you speed and govern the full streaming analytics life cycle.
- IoT success depends on data governance, security and privacyThe IoT puts intense demands on the data management life cycle. Learn from 10 common mistakes organizations have made with IoT endeavors.
- How to improve data prep for analytics: TDWI shares best practicesGetting good results from your data means doing a good job of preparing the data for analytics. Find out what TDWI says it takes to get there.
- 5 ways data monetization can inform data strategyData monetization promises more than monetary returns. Anne Buff explains how monetization drives strategy for data-driven organizations.
- Data management for cybersecurity: Know the essentialsSecurity teams tend to underestimate the importance of data management for cybersecurity. See the seven key reasons data management has been so difficult and five steps to getting it right.
- Coming soon: The Industrial Internet and IoT standardsFrom smart farms to connected water meters, the IIoT party is happening – with consensus around IoT standards playing host.
Send SAS Insights straight to your inbox