Get the business insights you need – on your own. Act quickly. Make decisions confidently. Work more efficiently.
Be more productive by working autonomously.
No need for specialized skills. No coding or SQL required. Our visual interface makes data preparation easy by removing technical barriers and enabling you to blend, wrangle and shape data on your own – where it is then integrated as part of your reporting and analytics pipeline. This frees IT to focus on more strategic work, while you get insights needed to investigate data at will.
Prepare data faster so you're ready for action.
Minimize the time you spend preparing data so you can spend more time analyzing it. Prebuilt transformations and data cleansing functions run in memory to increase processing speed. Advanced analytics, data visualization and data preparation capabilities are seamlessly combined. The result? You have more time to explore data, get answers and react to situations in near-real time.
Reuse data preparation tasks for more efficiency.
Duplicated work wastes valuable time. SAS Data Preparation helps you share automatically generated code with IT so it can be scheduled to run during every source data update. You can also save data preparation plans to be used by others. Shared work leads to more productivity – and everyone benefits.
Collaborate with other team members.
Working with multiple members of your team on the same project has never been easier. With SAS Data Preparation you can share jobs as centrally managed assets. Project activity feeds can be set to notify teams and individuals of changes and updates. You can share and reuse tasks and existing plans, post updates and work together to boost productivity and generate more value from your data.
With self-service data preparation from SAS, you can access, profile, cleanse and transform data using an intuitive interface. Get the job done without an IT or data specialist.
Explore More on SAS® Data Preparation and Beyond
To browse resources by type, select an option below.
- Select Resource Type
- Analyst Report
- White Paper
- Blog Post
- Book Excerpt
- Case Study
- Customer Story
- Article Data management backgrounderFrom data integration to data quality and data preparation, find out what these terms mean and why they’re so important for your analytics projects.
- Article The five D's of data preparationFrom discovering which data is best to use, to delivering it in the right format to users, learn why these 5 D’s are essential to data preparation.
- Customer Story Building a culture of analytics empowers university to lead as an educational enterpriseFrom enrollment to graduation, the University of Texas at Arlington uses SAS Analytics for Education on Amazon Web Services to aid in analysis supporting student success and campus strategic decision making.
- Customer Story Advanced analytics fuels virtual banking with data-driven decisionsAirstar Bank relies on SAS for risk-based customer due diligence, money laundering detection and comprehensive credit risk management.
- Analyst Report Gartner positions SAS as a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for Data Quality SolutionsSAS believes product innovation and trusted support are key to market growth for data quality solutions.
- E-Book Data Preparation Challenges Facing Every EnterpriseData preparation
- Customer Story Improving loss ratios and profitabilityTriad Analytic Solutions helps insurers benefit from advanced analytics.
- Article Big data integration: Go beyond 'just add data'Every business-focused technology requires users to "just add data." This article by Matt Magne explores why that's not as easy as it sounds, especially in a big data age.
- Article Key questions to kick off your data analytics projectsThere’s no single blueprint for starting a data analytics project. Technology expert Phil Simon suggests considering these ten questions as a preliminary guide.
- Customer Story Taming the data beastThe largest home shopping outlet in Korea used SAS to improve data quality, speed up deployment, gain business efficiency and improve service.
- Customer Story Identifying potential trouble spotsFlorida DOC turns to SAS Analytics to help improve citizen safety.
- E-Book Data Privacy: Are You Concerned?Report based on a 2018 survey of 525 US consumers regarding their views on data privacy in light of recent data scandals and the implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation in the EU. It's purpose is to better understand their opinions on data privacy and how it affects their behaviors and trust toward companies.
- E-Book GDPR compliance in a data-driven worldSome organizations focus on the scary aspects of failing to comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation. But there are many long-term benefits of following through with plans for sustainable GDPR compliance – such as gaining a competitive edge, or developing new products or services.
- Customer Story Knowing the who, informs the whatThe New Zealand Ministry of Health established the Virtual Data Registry to more accurately identify diabetes sufferers and citizens likely to contract diabetes. They'll use the database to inform policy and spending decisions that will ensure better care for those patients.
- Article How to improve data prep for analytics: TDWI shares best practicesGetting good results from your data means doing a good job of preparing the data for analytics. Find out what TDWI says it takes to get there.
- Customer Story A data-driven approach to whole person careRiverside County relies on data integration and analytics from SAS to improve the health and well-being of vulnerable Californians.
- Article Streaming data: The ins and outs of this technology buzzwordLearn what streaming data is, why it matters to your business and how it relates to big data, event stream processing, data management and the IoT.
- Article 5 ways to become data-drivenSuccessful data-driven businesses foster collaborative, goal-oriented cultures, have leaders who believe in data and are governance-oriented. Read more in this summary of TDWI research that uncovers best practices for becoming data-driven.
- Article Data governance: The case for self-validationLearn why you should redefine data governance policies to empower customers to be accountable for keeping their personal data accurate, consistent and up-to-date.
- Article 5 steps to sustainable GDPR complianceFollow these steps to achieve GDPR compliance by the May 2018 deadline – and get added benefits along the way.
- Analyst Report Gartner positions SAS as a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Data Integration ToolsSAS is a leader in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools. Data integration from SAS helps you break down data silos and boost productivity.
- Article What big data has brought to the privacy discussionHow does big data impact your privacy? There are ways to balance privacy and security in an increasingly transparent and dangerous world.
Check out these products and solutions related to SAS Data Preparation.
- SAS/ACCESS® SoftwareRead, write and update data regardless of its native database or platform.
- SAS® Data QualityImprove the value of your data – and maintain that excellence – for better data-driven decisions.