FRAUD & SECURITY INSIGHTS
Protect your data, protect your customers
Recent Fraud & Security articles
- How AI and advanced analytics are impacting the financial services industryTop SAS experts weigh in on the topics that are keeping institutions up at night and fraudsters in a job.
- Analytics: A must-have tool for leading the fight on prescription and illicit drug addictionStates and MFCUs now have the analytics tools they need to change the trajectory of the opioid crisis by analyzing data and predicting trouble spots – whether in patients, prescribers, distributors or manufacturers. The OIG Toolkit with free SAS® programming code makes that possible.
- What do drones, AI and proactive policing have in common?Law enforcement and public safety agencies must wrangle diverse data sets to be effective in their operations. Intelligence analysts are using that data to apply machine learning and AI for more proactive policing.
- 4 strategies that will change your approach to fraud detectionTechnology advances are giving financial institutions a better arsenal than ever for fraud detection. Take a look at four ways to turbocharge your defenses.
- Fraud detection and machine learning: What you need to knowFrom integrating throughout operations to maintaining customer service, machine learning – supervised and unsupervised – is a critical part of the fraud detection toolkit. Here’s what you’ll need to consider to get started.
- Proactive detection – A new approach to counter terrorTo counter terror, investigative teams can better utilize the data they already have by applying a fresh approach with these steps to proactive detection.
- Top 5 prepaid card fraud scamsThe margin for prepaid cards is slim, so it's particularly important to root out the scams. Here are some tips for combating and mitigating prepaid card fraud.
- Stop contract and procurement fraudFraud affects an estimated 30 percent of organizations' procurement processes. Beyond business rules and anomaly detection, analytics can detect and prevent fraud and preserve the integrity of the procurement process.
- 5 steps to sustainable GDPR complianceFollow these steps to achieve GDPR compliance by the May 2018 deadline – and get added benefits along the way.
- Know your blind spots in tax fraud preventionWhat can tax agencies do differently today than just a few years ago? Find out where fraud may lurk inside your agency – and the role analytics can play in tax fraud prevention.
- How can analytics change the world of 'Narcos'?Surveillance, wire-taps, interrogations, informants… all valuable intelligence gathering techniques. But modern law enforcement and federal agents are now aided by a new technology to zero in on drug trafficking: analytics.
- Data management for cybersecurity: Know the essentialsSecurity teams tend to underestimate the importance of data management for cybersecurity. See the seven key reasons data management has been so difficult and five steps to getting it right.
- Analytics for prescription drug monitoringPrescription drug monitoring programs (PDMPs) are a great start in combating abuse of prescription drugs, but they could be doing much more. Better data and analytics can inform better treatment protocols, provider education and policy decisions – and save lives.
- The online payment fraud stops hereBillions of dollars a year are lost to online payment fraud through channels that provide convenient – yet vulnerable – ways to shop and bank. See how to fight back and win with advanced analytics.
- Containing health care costs: Analytics paves the way to payment integrityFor payment integrity, health care organizations need to uncover a wider range of abuse, waste and errors and data-driven analytics is making that possible.
- The case for cybersecurity analyticsCombining cybersecurity with analytics helps you understand how people are trying to access your systems. Learn how analytics can augment your security program.
- A modern cybersecurity strategy: Building a budgetA cybersecurity strategy requires more than just executive support. Learn how IT can get the tools and training designed to protect you from modern threats.
- Blind to the black swan theory? How a centralized approach applying analytics to financial crime prevention can protect against the unexpected.
- Bridge the gap between financial crime analytics and investigationsHow to manage the escalating analytic demand required to run financial crime platforms.
- An executive perspective on risk and fraudHSBC's global risk COO on how the world’s second-largest bank uses data management, analytics and industry expertise to tackle financial crime and more.
Send SAS Insights straight to your inbox