FRAUD & SECURITY INSIGHTS
Protect your data, protect your customers
Recent Fraud & Security articles
- Next generation anti-money laundering: robotics, semantic analysis and AIAnti-money laundering taken to it's next level is sometimes referred to as AML 2.0 or AML 3.0. What does this next wave of AML technology look like? What can it do that you can’t do with traditional AML? See the results innovative financial institutions around the globe are already getting.
- The state of insurance fraud technologyA 2019 Coalition Against Insurance Fraud study surveyed 84 companies on their use of anti-fraud technologies and compared results to 2014 and 2016. Get the highlights here.
- How AI and advanced analytics are impacting the financial services industryTop SAS experts weigh in on the topics that are keeping institutions up at night and fraudsters in a job.
- Analytics: A must-have tool for leading the fight on prescription and illicit drug addictionStates and MFCUs now have the analytics tools they need to change the trajectory of the opioid crisis by analyzing data and predicting trouble spots – whether in patients, prescribers, distributors or manufacturers. The OIG Toolkit with free SAS® programming code makes that possible.
- Anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financingTo monitor for financial crimes, an essential element for both anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing is using data analysis to detect unusual activity during processing by monitoring transactions, customers and the network of behaviors.
- What do drones, AI and proactive policing have in common?Law enforcement and public safety agencies must wrangle diverse data sets to be effective in their operations. Intelligence analysts are using that data to apply machine learning and AI for more proactive policing.
- Alm. Brand knows how to spot a fraudulent insurance claimIn order to protect the vast majority of their honest clients against the fraudulent practices of the few, Alm. Brand have introduced SAS® Fraud Framework.
- Fraud detection and machine learning: What you need to knowFrom integrating throughout operations to maintaining customer service, machine learning – supervised and unsupervised – is a critical part of the fraud detection toolkit. Here’s what you’ll need to consider to get started.
- Proactive detection – A new approach to counter terrorTo counter terror, investigative teams can better utilize the data they already have by applying a fresh approach with these steps to proactive detection.
- Top 5 prepaid card fraud scamsThe margin for prepaid cards is slim, so it's particularly important to root out the scams. Here are some tips for combating and mitigating prepaid card fraud.
- Stop contract and procurement fraudFraud affects an estimated 30 percent of organizations' procurement processes. Beyond business rules and anomaly detection, analytics can detect and prevent fraud and preserve the integrity of the procurement process.
- Know your blind spots in tax fraud preventionWhat can tax agencies do differently today than just a few years ago? Find out where fraud may lurk inside your agency – and the role analytics can play in tax fraud prevention.
- Taking pre-emptive action to stem the tide of VAT fraud lossesEU countries lost an estimated €159.5 billion in VAT revenues to VAT fraud in 2014. The solution? Hybrid fraud analytics technology.
- A cybersecurity framework: Six steps to empowering your analyticsAre your cybersecurity tools leaving your organization vulnerable? A career risk management professional/college professor explains why and what to do about it.
- Nets banks on sophisticated analytics to stop credit card fraud before it happensThe leading Nordic payment service provider Nets decided to upgrade its services related to fraud management within card payments. Criminals conducting payment card fraud today are getting more and more advanced, and this challenges Nets to keep staying a couple of steps ahead of them all the time.
- Breach of confidence at the EU levelEU Commissioner Margrethe Vestager confronts corporate crime. Digitisation is making an impact on legitimate as well as illegitimate business practices.
- How can analytics change the world of 'Narcos'?Surveillance, wire-taps, interrogations, informants… all valuable intelligence gathering techniques. But modern law enforcement and federal agents are now aided by a new technology to zero in on drug trafficking: analytics.
- Data management for cybersecurity: Know the essentialsSecurity teams tend to underestimate the importance of data management for cybersecurity. See the seven key reasons data management has been so difficult and five steps to getting it right.
- Analytics for prescription drug monitoringPrescription drug monitoring programs (PDMPs) are a great start in combating abuse of prescription drugs, but they could be doing much more. Better data and analytics can inform better treatment protocols, provider education and policy decisions – and save lives.
- The online payment fraud stops hereBillions of dollars a year are lost to online payment fraud through channels that provide convenient – yet vulnerable – ways to shop and bank. See how to fight back and win with advanced analytics.
Send SAS Insights straight to your inbox