Transform data into the best decisions
Recent Analytics Insights
- Key questions to kick off your data analytics projectsThere’s no single blueprint for starting a data analytics project. Technology expert Phil Simon suggests considering these ten questions as a preliminary guide.
- Analytics can help prevent substance use disorder and over-prescribingStates and MFCUs now have the analytics tools they need to change the trajectory of the opioid crisis by analyzing data and predicting trouble spots – whether in patients, prescribers, distributors or manufacturers. The OIG Toolkit with free SAS® programming code makes that possible.
- IT Sector must take active role in discussions on data ethics in public domainThe IT industry is responsible for taking part in the discussions, and code of fair information practice must be brought up for discussion among the politicians, says CEO of Dansk IT and former minister , Rikke Hvilshøj.
- Meet the data scientist: Kristin CarneyWhen Kristin Carney graduated with a BS in mathematics, she wasn't sure what she wanted to do with her degree. That’s when she began researching data science.
- Meet the data scientist: Daymond LingDaymond Ling believes the right personal traits are more important than technical skills when it comes to being a successful data scientist.
- Meet the data scientist: Colin NugterenData scientist and CAO Colin Nugteren says while every day is different, one thing remains the same. He ends each day with SAS® Visual Analytics.
- Using data to change the worldApplying data science for social good has led to new and creative ways to address issues related to education, poverty, health, human rights, the environment and more.
- Keeping an open mind about open analyticsSome of the smartest data science teams are using SAS alongside open source analytics. Find out how you can use both and deploy all models consistently.
- Proactive detection – A new approach to counter terrorTo counter terror, investigative teams can better utilize the data they already have by applying a fresh approach with these steps to proactive detection.
- Artificial intelligence, machine learning, deep learning and moreArtificial intelligence, machine learning and deep learning are set to change the way we live and work. How do they relate and how are they changing our world?
- Machine learning for beginners and beyondWhether you’re an experienced data scientist or a machine learning beginner, you’ll appreciate these 10 tips for getting started with machine learning.
- How do free-to-play video games earn big profits?How does the industry leader of free-to-play, massively multiplayer online games scale its customer intelligence and analytics efforts to thousands of models and terabytes of data a day? With industrialized modeling from SAS.
- Concussion: Journalist crunches the numbers and breaks a scandalHow Pulitzer Prize-nominated journalist Alan Schwarz used his stats background to achieve the most remarkable feat in sports journalism history.
- The University of Alabama makes better decisions through education analyticsAt the University of Alabama, the Office of Institutional Research and Assessments use analytics and data visualizations to uncover better student outcomes.
- People analytics: Make smarter decisionsWith deep insights gained from people analytics, HR leaders can become trusted, strategic advisers to hiring managers and the executive team.
- What’s powering the digital economy? The analytics economy. From the digital economy to the app economy, technology is changing the way we do business and manage resources. Find out how the analytics economy can help you make the most of your data resources.
- Analytics tackles the scourge of human traffickingVictims of human trafficking are largely invisible. And they're all around us. Now organizations are applying analytics to combat the problem -- and are achieving initial success.
- Women in analytics: Katherine Sanborn, Kellogg CompanyA recent college graduate who mentors and coaches incoming interns shares her advice for the newest generation of analytics professionals.
- Danske Bank - Creating unique experiences while leaving customers in controlDanske Bank is using analytics provided by SAS Institute to refine its customer experiences and tackle fraud.
- Danske Bank - Nordic financial giant banks its future on digital customer insightDanske Bank is solving business challenges with data analytics by SAS Institute to create value, be agile, and engage with customers.
Send SAS Insights straight to your inbox