How SAS Helps Improve Population Health
Integrate health and nonhealth data to guide whole person care, as well as community programs that reduce health disparities. Improve quality of care and health outcomes by integrating analytics within your 360-degree view of patients, members and clients. Gain insights at all levels – from individual care, to cohorts, to full populations – to inform policy for better communities. SAS enables you to expand access to care, improve health outcomes and increase patient safety.
- Analyze structured and unstructured clinical and operational data – including freeform notes and focus group transcripts – to uncover hidden insights on indications.
- Turn insight into evidence-based knowledge that can help you predict and improve outcomes.
- Use all data available to determine optimal treatment, focused on value-based care.
- Understand the clinical and nonclinical factors that affect readmissions.
- Avoid medication, surgical and other interaction errors through increased data sharing.
- Analyze diverse data sources to predict and medically investigate patient safety signals.
- Identify patients that have higher risk of infection to optimize discharge planning.
- Predict and prevent avoidable readmissions.
Whole person care
- Provide a more complete, accurate picture of client services and the impact on human and financial outcomes across health and nonhealth services.
- Understand overall community needs, as well as contextual factors that can become barriers to care.
- Forecast demand for services needed by high-risk populations, and measure program effectiveness
We’re working to understand how environmental factors can help predict who may be at risk, allow for quicker diagnoses, and encourage the development of more precise treatments. The modern statistical and machine learning methods, along with the intuitive data visualizations made possible by SAS, have been critical elements of our success to date. Jim Metcalf Chief Data Scientist Healthy Nevada Project.
Ensuring population health with SAS.
Strengthening the fight against antimicrobial resistance via data visualization
Global in vitro diagnostics leader bioMérieux, Inc., uses SAS Viya to revolutionize antimicrobial stewardship and empower informed clinical decision making, enabling labs, hospitals and pharmacies to attain real-time insights for improved care.
Ensuring mental health patient safety during a global pandemic
Copenhagen Regional Psychiatric Centers are using SAS to limit the risk of contagion among mental health patients during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Advancing mental health care with predictive analytics
Canada’s Centre for Addiction and Mental Health uses SAS to improve care and streamline hospital operations by taking a data-driven approach.
Saving lives through effective planning and preparedness
Advanced analytics from SAS empowers the Government of Odisha to combat the pandemic and help keep citizens safe. An interactive dashboard enables tracking of the spread and trend analysis of the virus across the state.
Taking a data-driven approach to whole person care
Riverside County relies on data integration and analytics from SAS to improve the health and well-being of vulnerable Californians, such as probationers. By integrating care for this vulnerable group, the county strives to give probationers the holistic care they need to live safe and healthy lives following incarceration.