How SAS® Enables Demand Planning
SAS provides collaborative forecasting and demand planning steps, transforming demand planning into a continuous, flexible process.
Cloud-native forecasting for any size company
- Automatically generate statistically driven, weighted consensus forecasts.
- Monitor forecast performance to understand value added or lost at each step.
- Use out-of-the-box modeling strategies with predefined models.
Demand sensing & shaping
- Visually analyze demand data to spot patterns and insights related to sales, shipments, pricing, promotions, etc.
- Evaluate sales history and plan for future events – new products, locations, channel introduction – using what-if scenario analysis.
- Measure the effect of sales and marketing strategies on consumer demand using multitiered causal analysis.
Optimized transportation costs
- Adopt enhanced end-to-end supply chain execution.
- Connect demand plans to products and freight on the move.
- Reduce transportation costs while increasing agility.
Get to Know Demand Planning With SAS® Analytics
Working Smarter With SAS®
Combining online shopping ease with the advantages of a physical store presence
SAS helped a multinational retailer that operates hypermarkets, discount department stores and grocery stores:
Reduce shipping costs and improve fulfillment of e-commerce orders by offering in-store pickup.
Generating more accurate demand forecasts
SAS helped a US clothing company with the largest intimates assortment:
Maximize its inventory to meet demand while minimizing risk.