DATA FOR GOOD INSIGHTS
Using data to improve lives
Recent Data for Good Insights
- Analytics can help prevent substance use disorder and over-prescribingStates and MFCUs now have the analytics tools they need to change the trajectory of the opioid crisis by analyzing data and predicting trouble spots – whether in patients, prescribers, distributors or manufacturers. The OIG Toolkit with free SAS® programming code makes that possible.
- Using data to change the worldApplying data science for social good has led to new and creative ways to address issues related to education, poverty, health, human rights, the environment and more.
- Proactive detection – A new approach to counter terrorTo counter terror, investigative teams can better utilize the data they already have by applying a fresh approach with these steps to proactive detection.
- Using big data to predict suicide risk among Canadian youthSuicide is the second leading cause of death among youth in Canada. Here's how big data and analytics can be used to help identify at-risk teens.
- Supporting indigenous communities with analyticsThough indigenous women are a small part of Canada's population, they account for a disproportionately large number of Canada's murder victims. Now, big data and analytics are being used to help improve outcomes.
- Analytic simulations: Using big data to protect the tiniest patientsAnalytic models help researchers discover the best way to care for babies in the NICU, saving lives (and millions of dollars) in the process.
- #Data4Good: Treating cancer, one patient at a timeDrawing on her experience as a cancer patient, Susan Weidner devotes her career to helping oncologists identify personalized treatments based on massive amounts of data.
- Analytics for prescription drug monitoringPrescription drug monitoring programs (PDMPs) are a great start in combating abuse of prescription drugs, but they could be doing much more. Better data and analytics can inform better treatment protocols, provider education and policy decisions – and save lives.
- Stopping the Zika virus: The potential of big data, analyticsHow do you stop global outbreaks? The answer may be in the data about the disease and how it spreads.
Send SAS Insights straight to your inbox