- Article Can data sharing help cure cancer?Clinical trials can bring new drugs – and new hope – to the market for cancer patients. Now, a new data sharing platform for clinical trial data brings even more hope.
- Article Analytic simulations: Using big data to protect the tiniest patientsAnalytic models help researchers discover the best way to care for babies in the NICU, saving lives (and millions of dollars) in the process.
- Interview Connected consumers, IoT and what retailers need to do nowThe IoT is impacting retail, with more to come. Experts from Cisco, Intel and SAS discuss what's happening now, and what retailers need to do next.
- Video See IoT industry examples in actionHow can analytics unlock the limitless possibilities in the Internet of Things?
- Article Become a strategic business partner using analytics in financeCollecting, validating and reporting information is no longer enough for finance professionals – it’s time to transform your role using analytics in finance.
- Article Exploring the sun with big dataResearchers working for NASA are using automatic, exploratory and visual analysis of big data to help understand the mysteries of our universe.
- Interview A brave new world of analyticsMike Frost from SAS explains how a modern analytics platform can help make sense of the new, complex data reality.
- Article Five tips for faster, data-informed decision makingThree educational institutions share how they use data visualization to drive data-informed decision making. Five tips that apply to all organizations.
- Article 5 steps to sustainable GDPR complianceFollow these steps to achieve GDPR compliance by the May 2018 deadline – and get added benefits along the way.
- Article What was your data doing during the financial crisis?Financial institutions usually survive a crisis, then react to prevent it in the future. SAS' Mazhar LeGhari explains how data can help you break that cycle.
- Article Big data privacy: Four ways your data governance strategy affects security, privacy and trustWith IT and business strategies converging, something that’s a little late to the party is the concept of big data privacy.
- Article What is a data governance framework… and do I already have one?A data governance framework encompasses a holistic approach to how you collect, manage and archive data.
Fraud & Security
- Article When it matters: Safeguarding your organization from the insideWith evolving threats, fraud detection technologies have to be flexible and nimble, and automated risk detection is a crucial component of decision advantage.
- Article Analytics for prescription drug monitoringPrescription drug monitoring programs (PDMPs) are a great start in combating abuse of prescription drugs, but they could be doing much more. Better data and analytics can inform better treatment protocols, provider education and policy decisions – and save lives.
- Article The online payment fraud stops hereBillions of dollars a year are lost to online payment fraud through channels that provide convenient – yet vulnerable – ways to shop and bank. See how to fight back and win with advanced analytics.
- Article A modern cybersecurity strategy: Building a budgetA cybersecurity strategy requires more than just executive support. Learn how IT can get the tools and training designed to protect you from modern threats.
- Article Harnessing the martech advantageMartech vendors have doubled in the past year. Find out what's fueling this growth spurt, and discover three ways to get the most value from your tech spending.
- Research It’s time for marketers to get serious about dataShould your data be doing more for you, or should you be doing more with your data? The answer for marketers is yes to both parts of the question.
- Article The marketer's dream: Harmonic convergenceCustomer journey maps, strong internal partners and clear strategies for change can help marketers align organizational efforts to foster peace and harmony.
- Article Marketing measurement do's and don'tsHow can marketers capture the C-suite's attention? Draw a clear line between marketing activities and results.
- Article Even as stress testing matures, gaps in technology and coordination remainEven with significant investments in people and process improvements, a survey conducted by SAS and GARP finds that banks are not as robust and mature as they need to be in terms of their technology.
- Article Risk data infrastructure: Staying afloat on the regulatory floodWhat are the challenges of a risk data infrastructure and how can they be addressed? Here's what you need to know to build an effective enterprise risk and finance reporting warehouse.
- Intelligence Quarterly An executive perspective on risk and fraudHSBC's global risk COO on how the world’s second-largest bank uses data management, analytics and industry expertise to tackle financial crime and more.
- Article RegCap vs. E-Cap: Getting It rightStress tests don’t produce a fourth type of capital - it is regulatory capital. And it gives regulators a view into capital planning where they had none before.
View all Risk Management insights