DATA MANAGEMENT INSIGHTS
Turn big data into big value
Recent Data Management articles
- Key questions to kick off your data analytics projectsThere’s no single blueprint for starting a data analytics project. Technology expert Phil Simon suggests considering these ten questions as a preliminary guide.
- The five D's of data preparationFrom discovering which data is best to use, to delivering it in the right format to users, learn why these 5 D’s are essential to data preparation.
- Data quality management What you need to knowData quality isn’t simply good or bad. Data quality management puts quality in context to improve fitness of the data you use for analysis and decision-making.
- The future of IoT: On the edgeFrom cows to factory floors, the IoT promises intriguing opportunities for business. Find out how three experts envision the future of IoT.
- Data lake and data warehouse – know the differenceData lake – is it just marketing hype or a new name for a data warehouse? Find out what a data lake is, how it works and when you might need one.
- 5 steps to sustainable GDPR complianceFollow these steps to achieve GDPR compliance by the May 2018 deadline – and get added benefits along the way.
- General Data Protection Regulation: From burden to opportunityThe General Data Protection Regulation stirs up mixed emotions, but Kalliopi Spyridaki shows how to use the new legislation for business advantage.
- The European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR): beyond the hypeThe way personal data is defined is an important aspect of the new law. The new GDPR refers to personal data as data that allows the identification of an individual, directly or indirectly.
- Preparing for PSD2 and GDPR – how to develop a compliant strategy The GDPR and PSD2 will force businesses, especially banks, to overhaul existing processes in the name of data protection. But what can they do to prepare?
- What is data governance?Insights to the dangers for organisations failing to effectively manage their data, using mismatched tools & provide solutions to the problems faced.
- How openness can supercharge event stream analyticsWhat does openness do for event stream analytics? David Loshin shows how it helps you speed and govern the full streaming analytics life cycle.
- Choosing the right statistical analysis toolsThe GDPR and PSD2 will force businesses, especially banks, to overhaul existing processes in the name of data protection. But what can they do to prepare?
- IoT success depends on data governance, security and privacyThe IoT puts intense demands on the data management life cycle. Learn from 10 common mistakes organizations have made with IoT endeavors.
- How to improve data prep for analytics: TDWI shares best practicesGetting good results from your data means doing a good job of preparing the data for analytics. Find out what TDWI says it takes to get there.
- 5 ways data monetization can inform data strategyData monetization promises more than monetary returns. Anne Buff explains how monetization drives strategy for data-driven organizations.
- Data management for cybersecurity: Know the essentialsSecurity teams tend to underestimate the importance of data management for cybersecurity. See the seven key reasons data management has been so difficult and five steps to getting it right.
- Tips for successful data integration modernizationOrganizations today have to capture, process and move all types of new and big data. Get some tips for data integration modernization from TDWI.
- Coming soon: The Industrial Internet and IoT standardsFrom smart farms to connected water meters, the IIoT party is happening – with consensus around IoT standards playing host.
- Chief data officer role shakes up traditional data governanceDoes every organization need someone in the chief data officer role to manage data governance?
- 8 ways an enterprise data strategy enables big data analyticsAnalyzing big data can reveal new insights and strengthen business decisions. Here's why you need an enterprise data strategy to help you get there.
Send SAS Insights straight to your inbox