BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE INSIGHTS
See your data in new ways
Recent Business Intelligence articles
- Learning the art of analytical storytellingCrafting and pitching enticing data-driven stories is a vital skill to master. Here are a few tips to help you get started with storytelling visualizations.
- Governed analytics and discovery: Balancing business user and IT needsTDWI provides seven steps for balancing IT governance needs with the expanding use of self-service BI and data discovery tools.
- Become a strategic business partner using analytics in financeCollecting, validating and reporting information is no longer enough for finance professionals – it’s time to transform your role using analytics in finance.
- Exploring the sun with big dataResearchers working for NASA are using automatic, exploratory and visual analysis of big data to help understand the mysteries of our universe.
- A brave new world of analyticsMike Frost from SAS explains how a modern analytics platform can help make sense of the new, complex data reality.
- Five tips for faster, data-informed decision makingThree educational institutions share how they use data visualization to drive data-informed decision making. Five tips that apply to all organizations.
- Stop guessing and try data-driven business decisions insteadHere's some advice from TWDI's David Stodder on how to use visual analytics for data-driven business decisions.
- Transaction monitoring: To segment or not?A typical anti-money laundering transaction monitoring program has scenarios that monitor the customers and accounts that pose the most risk. The fact is … this one-size-fits-all methodology isn’t very effective because customers transact differently based on many factors. So how do you incorporate that into your program?
- Are you good at scoring?Credit scoring is the foundation for evaluating clients who apply for a loan (or other types of exposure for the bank). It is not unusual for it to take up to 12 months to build and deploy a new credit scoring model. Reforming the process will help minimize losses, increase earnings and reduce operational risk.
- Forecasting in the Pocket
- How data visualization helps crack down on crimeAcross the world, law enforcement agencies are making more intensive use of data visualization technologies. They gain a real-time view of locations, layered with crime, traffic, geospatial, weather and other data. This means decisions are based on solid, robust data and resources allocated to guide intervention and crime prevention. Data visualization can make this possible for you too.
- Why your brain needs data visualizationData visualization software gives you fast answers to your toughest question. In just minutes or seconds. On the fly. Find out how.
- Skip the fire drillsStop reinventing the wheel each time someone in your organization rings an alarm bell. Think people, process, technology and culture if you want to create repeatable models.
- Data visualization: A wise investment in your big data futureData visualization: A wise investment in the future of big data. See how big data can show customer behaviour. Learn more.
- IIA research identifies barriers to business intelligence and analytics adoptionFind out what the biggest barriers are to business intelligence and analytics adoption and how to overcome them.
- How does a center of excellence really work?At the Cincinnati Insurance Companies, analytics is bridging the gulf between IT and business units and leading by example to form common measures and objectives.
Send SAS Insights straight to your inbox