Expert insights into artificial intelligence, machine learning, and beyond
Recent AI Insights
- SAS AI Cities Index 2023: Which parts of the UK are most AI-ready?We’re in the golden time of the information age, as many business leaders across the UK realise the potential of artificial intelligence for transforming industries such as healthcare, education, finance and manufacturing.
- 4 strategies that will change your approach to fraud detectionAs fraudulent activity grows and fighting fraud becomes more costly, financial institutions are turning to anti-fraud technology to build better arsenals for fraud detection. Discover four ways to improve your organization's risk posture.
- FRAUD IN THE UK: WHAT IS THE SCALE OF THE PROBLEM ACROSS THE COUNTRY?Fraud cases in the UK have increased substantially over the last two years. Scamming techniques used by perpetrators are constantly evolving, meaning they’re becoming more sophisticated, and, as a result, can be more difficult for businesses to contain.
- Analytics: A must-have tool for leading the fight on prescription and illicit drug addictionStates and MFCUs now have the analytics tools they need to change the trajectory of the opioid crisis by analysing data and predicting trouble spots – whether in patients, prescribers, distributors or manufacturers. The OIG Toolkit with free SAS® programming code makes that possible.
- Detect and prevent banking application fraudCredit fraud often starts with a falsified application. That’s why it’s important to use analytics starting at the entrance point. Learn how analytics and machine learning can detect fraud at the point of application by recognising the biggest challenge – synthetic identities.
- Analytics leads to lifesaving cancer therapiesA long-shot treatment offers hope to 10-year-old Harrison after he learns the DNA profile of his cancer is resistant to chemo. Find out how data and analytics play a role in cancer research and cancer treatments that are saving lives.
- Three steps for conquering the last mile of analyticsPutting your analytical models into production can be the most difficult part of the analytics journey. It’s no surprise that this last mile of analytics – bringing models into deployment – is the hardest part of digital transformation initiatives for organisations to master, yet it’s the most crucial.
- As AI accelerates, focus on 'road' conditionsAI technology has made huge strides in a short amount of time and is ready for broader adoption. But as organisations accelerate their AI efforts, they need to take extra care, because as any police officer will tell you, even small potholes can cause problems for vehicles traveling at high speeds.
- Government AI: The path to Adoption and DeploymentThe government sector is lagging in AI adoption, but awareness of the importance of AI in the public sector is increasing. Our survey indicates that operational issues are requiring governments to turn their attention to AI projects as a way to address important public issues.
- From Apollo to AI: A new era of American explorationAs we celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission, what’s the next frontier for American Innovation? It’s available now, from our desks and waits for us to unlock its potential.
- The untapped potential in unstructured textText is the largest human-generated data source. It grows every day as we post on social media, interact with chatbots and digital assistants, send emails, conduct business online, generate reports and essentially document our daily thoughts and activities using computers and mobile devices.
- AI in manufacturing: New opportunities for IT and operationsAn AI survey reveals that leaders and early adopters in AI are making important advances and are identifying and expanding on what works as they use AI in more ways and more parts of their organisations.
- The Humanity in Artificial IntelligenceCould artificial intelligence be the change agent we need to solve many problems around the globe? Read how AI could accelerate our ability to have a a positive, lasting impact.
- How AI and advanced analytics are impacting the financial services industryTop SAS experts weigh in on the topics that are keeping institutions up at night and fraudsters in a job.
- AI in banking: Survey reveals factors for successWhat do banking executives report about their experiences with AI? Where are they focusing today? What’s working? What are their plans for the future?
- What are chatbots?Chatbots are a form of conversational AI designed to simplify human interaction with computers. Learn how chatbots are used in business and how they can be incorporated into analytics applications.
- Data lineage: Making artificial intelligence smarterLear how data lineage plays a vital role in understanding data, making it a foundational principle of AI.
- How to drill a better hole with analyticsFrom drilling holes to preventing health care fraud, learn about some of the new technologies SAS has patented with IoT and machine learning technologies.
- Five AI TechnologiesDo you know the difference between artificial intelligence and machine learning? And can you explain why computer vision is an AI technology? Find out in this short explainer.
- Shut the front door on insurance application fraud!Fraudsters love the ease of plying their trade over digital channels. Smart insurance companies are using data from those channels (device fingerprint, IP address, geolocation, etc.) coupled with analytics and machine learning to detect insurance application fraud perpetrated by agents, customers and fraud rings.
Send SAS Insights straight to your inbox