- Article Analytic simulations: Using big data to protect the tiniest patientsAnalytic models help researchers discover the best way to care for babies in the NICU, saving lives (and millions of dollars) in the process.
- Interview Connected consumers, IoT and what retailers need to do nowThe IoT is impacting retail, with more to come. Experts from Cisco, Intel and SAS discuss what's happening now, and what retailers need to do next.
- Video See IoT industry examples in actionHow can analytics unlock the limitless possibilities in the Internet of Things?
- Article An executive’s guide to cognitive computingCognitive computing is the latest buzzworthy term that everyone seems to be talking about in the technology industry. But can machines really think?
- Article Become a strategic business partner using analytics in financeCollecting, validating and reporting information is no longer enough for finance professionals – it’s time to transform your role using analytics in finance.
- Article Exploring the sun with big dataResearchers working for NASA are using automatic, exploratory and visual analysis of big data to help understand the mysteries of our universe.
- Interview A brave new world of analyticsMike Frost from SAS explains how a modern analytics platform can help make sense of the new, complex data reality.
- Article Five tips for faster, data-informed decision makingThree educational institutions share how they use data visualization to drive data-informed decision making. Five tips that apply to all organizations.
- Article How openness can supercharge event stream analyticsWhat does openness do for event stream analytics? David Loshin shows how it helps you speed and govern the full streaming analytics life cycle.
- Research - Third Party IoT success depends on data governance, security and privacyThe IoT puts intense demands on the data management life cycle. Learn from 10 common mistakes organizations have made with IoT endeavors.
- Research - Third Party How to improve data prep for analytics: TDWI shares best practicesGetting good results from your data means doing a good job of preparing the data for analytics. Find out what TDWI says it takes to get there.
- Article 5 ways data monetization can inform data strategyData monetization promises more than monetary returns. Anne Buff explains how monetization drives strategy for data-driven organizations.
Fraud & Security
- Article Data management for cybersecurity: Know the essentialsSecurity teams tend to underestimate the importance of data management for cybersecurity. See the seven key reasons data management has been so difficult and five steps to getting it right.
- Article Analytics for prescription drug monitoringPrescription drug monitoring programs (PDMPs) are a great start in combating abuse of prescription drugs, but they could be doing much more. Better data and analytics can inform better treatment protocols, provider education and policy decisions – and save lives.
- Article The online payment fraud stops hereBillions of dollars a year are lost to online payment fraud through channels that provide convenient – yet vulnerable – ways to shop and bank. See how to fight back and win with advanced analytics.
- Article The case for cybersecurity analyticsCombining cybersecurity with analytics helps you understand how people are trying to access your systems. Learn how analytics can augment your security program.
- Article Marketing for the midmarketMidsized organizations know their greatest asset is customer data. With analytics and powerful data visualization they're improving customer engagements.
- Research It’s time for marketers to get serious about dataShould your data be doing more for you, or should you be doing more with your data? The answer for marketers is yes to both parts of the question.
- Article The marketer's dream: Harmonic convergenceCustomer journey maps, strong internal partners and clear strategies for change can help marketers align organizational efforts to foster peace and harmony.
- Article Customer loyalty in a digital worldCustomer loyalty offers a good news/bad news message. Loyalty programs are on the rise. Bad news? About 60 percent of your customer don't belong. Here are some ways to attract and retain the best customers.
- Article IFRS 9 and CECL: The challenges of new financial standardsIFRS 9 and CECL will require banks to more accurately predict expected credit losses (ECLs). This will require new credit loss models based on analytics.
- Article Technology systems for enterprisewide stress testingWhere financial institutions are falling short, what to do about it, and which stress testing technology providers are leading the pack
- Article Even as stress testing matures, gaps in technology and coordination remainEven with significant investments in people and process improvements, a survey conducted by SAS and GARP finds that banks are not as robust and mature as they need to be in terms of their technology.
- Article Risk data infrastructure: Staying afloat on the regulatory floodWhat are the challenges of a risk data infrastructure and how can they be addressed? Here's what you need to know to build an effective enterprise risk and finance reporting warehouse.