Retail & Consumer Goods Solutions
Automate and accelerate demand planning insights across your supply chain.
How SAS® Enables Better Demand Planning
SAS provides collaborative forecasting and demand planning steps, transforming demand planning into a continuous, flexible process.
Cloud native forecasting for any size company
- Automatically generate statistically driven, weighted consensus forecasts.
- Monitor forecast performance to understand value added or lost at each step.
- Use out-of-the-box modeling strategies with predefined models.
Demand sensing & shaping
- Visually analyze demand data to spot patterns and insights related to sales, shipments, pricing, promotions, etc.
- Evaluate sales history and plan for future events – new products, locations, channel introduction – using what-if scenario analysis.
- Measure the effect of sales and marketing strategies on consumer demand using multitiered causal analysis.
Optimized transportation costs
- Adopt enhanced end-to-end supply chain execution.
- Connect demand plans to products and freight on the move.
- Reduce transportation costs while increasing agility.
Why choose SAS for demand planning?
Automate and optimize inventory distribution by calculating optimized inventory levels and order quantities for every SKU, location and channel.
Improve forecasting accuracy
Model and forecast all your products and selling locations with a patented statistical forecasting engine that uses advanced forecasting methods.
Optimize inventory & reduce stockouts
Use analytics to drive product where it's needed most to meet customer demand while managing the overall costs of inventory.
Take the guesswork out of forecasting
Use retail forecasting models that include underlying trends, seasonality, promotions, etc. Automated, large-scale forecasting selects the best-fit model based on individual time series.
Working Smarter With SAS
Boosting sales and gross margins by accurately predicting and planning for demand
SAS helped Levi Strauss & Co. improve its SKU mix, increase shipments to key accounts and cluster trade areas based on profitable products.
A multinational retailer operating hypermarkets, discount department stores & grocery stores
Combining online shopping ease with the advantages of a physical store presence
SAS helped the retailer reduce shipping costs and improve fulfillment of e-commerce orders by offering in-store pickup.
A US clothing company with the largest intimates assortment
Generating more accurate demand forecasts
SAS helped the company maximize its inventory to meet demand while minimizing risk.
Become a supply chain superstar with demand planning from SAS.
Related SAS Retail & Consumer Goods Solutions
View recommended demand planning solutions
- SAS® Intelligent Planning SuiteAccurately forecast shopper and consumer demand by creating seamless merchandise and demand plans.
- SAS® Intelligent Planning CloudEnsure on-shelf availability through a hyperaccurate demand planning service.
- SAS® Intelligent DecisioningУправляйте онлайн-взаимодействием с клиентами и автоматизируйте процессы принятия решений во всей организации.