How SAS Delivers Telecom Network Analytics
Optimize your investments and maximize quality by using SAS® advanced analytics to address all aspects of planning, building and operating a communications network. SAS integrates your analytics ecosystem and supports diverse data sources, formats, skill sets, methods and infrastructure. Scale easily using automated and semi-automated methods to dynamically tweak capacity and address problems of any size or complexity. Ensure superior performance and resilience with secure authentication and authorization governance and regulatory traceability – all with centralized administration.
Network capacity planning
- Save millions of dollars in unnecessary CapEx spend using advanced forecasting capabilities, along with multihierarchical forecasting, enabling planners to better understand where capacity is needed – and where it is not.
- Realize additional value across the planning process, including more accurate forecasting for node splitting, optimized tower placement and enhanced microcell planning.
- Predict node performance degradation and failure.
- Optimize truck rolls to ensure fast outage resolution.
- Optimize technician skills to improve mean time to repair (MTTR) performance.
- Incorporate customer data to enable operations teams to prioritize trouble tickets.
- Monitor customer experiences from an outside-in perspective.
- Improve the customer experience and stop revenue leakage by ensuring that customers are receiving the products and services they expect.
- Take an outside-in view of your network and manage performance to achieve the highest customer satisfaction possible.
- Use advanced analytics to transform from a network operations center (NOC) to a service operations center (SOC).
Why SAS for telecom network analytics?
Forecast and manage network traffic with greater precision. Optimize CapEx and OpEx. And establish flexible, scalable network analytics that can evolve and grow along with your network.
Predict & prevent network issues before they affect customers
Spend less time finding network issues and more time generating value from your network data by using advanced analytics.
Optimize network investments
Make fact-based investment decisions based on precise analytic forecasts that use detailed data – from cells, nodes, products, customers and financial metrics – to effectively plan and optimize network upgrades and/or expansions.
Know what your customers experience throughout your network
Arm service and care professionals with network performance and issue resolution information to support better decision making that improves customer satisfaction and increases customer lifetime value.
Identify customer consumption patterns across network elements
Boost utilization across elements by optimizing network capacity and providing high-value customers with enhanced service offerings, high-capacity availability and precisely targeted marketing messages.
Our goal was to analyze growing volumes of network and customer data with greater speed, in seconds instead of minutes, accelerating the decision-making process. Hadoop and SAS have provided that ability. Konstantinos Vlahodimitropoulos Service Quality & Technology Management Director OTE Cosmote
How does the largest mobile and wireline fixed-network operator in Greece successfully build a customer-centric telecom service?
SAS helped OTE Cosmote:
- Analyze network and customer data in seconds instead of minutes, thereby accelerating decision making.
- Break down silos like network operations, marketing and customer care.
- Enable business users to access reports quickly and independently, without involving the IT department.
- Strengthen its service quality and better understand its customers.
5G and streaming analytics
How will 5G help you deliver better customer experiences, and where are the most compelling use cases likely to be?
Augmentation, operations and assurance
Discover how analytics is broadening the scope of network experience.
SAS® Network Analytics: Connected Networks – Challenges
Learn how to use network analytics from SAS for capacity planning, predictive maintenance, improving network quality and, ultimately, providing an excellent customer experience.
Related Products & Solutions
- SAS® Data ManagementEnsure better, more reliable data integrated from any source.
- SAS® Event Stream ProcessingUse machine learning and streaming analytics to uncover insights at the edge and make real-time, intelligent decisions in the cloud.
- SAS® Visual AnalyticsDiscover and explore relationships in data, and share insights.