Software Enquiries: 01628 490 972
A single application for reporting, data exploration and analytics.
See the big picture – and underlying connections.
Quickly spot important relationships in your data using suggestions and clearly identified related measures. Use machine learning and natural language explanations to find, visualize and narrate stories and insights that are easy to understand and explain. Find out why something happened, examine all options and uncover opportunities hidden deep in your data. Automatically highlight key relationships, outliers, clusters and more to reveal vital insights that inspire action.
Turn seeing into understanding with dynamic visuals.
Create stunning interactive reports and dashboards. Quickly summarize key performance metrics, and share them via the web and mobile devices. Executives and frontline staff can quickly interact with and collaborate on insights, slice and dice it to find their own answers, and better understand business performance.
Get answers backed by data, results driven by insight.
Easy-to-use predictive analytics enables even business analysts to assess possible outcomes and make smarter, data-driven decisions – no programming required. Smart algorithms reduce the need for manual experimentation. And you can work collaboratively with experts to focus on what’s most relevant.
Add the 'where' to the 'what.'
Add geographical context to your analyses and visualizations by combining traditional data with location data. Location analysis brings the “where” dimension to the forefront so you can analyze data in new ways to get the full picture before making decisions, while identifying location-specific opportunities.
Streamline the discovery process.
Self-service data preparation gives business users the ability to import their own data, join tables, apply data quality functions, create calculated columns and more – all with drag-and-drop ease. By empowering users to access, combine, clean and prepare their own data in an agile – and trusted – way, SAS Visual Analytics facilitates faster, broader adoption of analytics for your entire organization.
Check out these SAS Visual Analytics interactive demos to see how quickly and easily you can explore and understand data to resolve a variety of industry and business issues.
- Retail Retail InsightsAnalyze regional store performance, and make data-driven decisions about retail business functions.
- Utilities Water Consumption & QualityMonitor the quality and consumption of this critical natural resource.
- Communications Network PerformanceMonitor customer experience and cell tower performance to safeguard brand reputation and customer loyalty.
- Banking Banking & Risk InsightsGet a holistic view of risk and performance across regions, down to the individual counterparty level.
Explore More on SAS® Visual Analytics and Beyond
To browse resources by type, select an option below.
- Select Resource Type
- Analyst Report
- Blog Post
- Book Excerpt
- Case Study
- Customer Story
- White Paper
- White Paper
- Customer Story Smart data exploration advances K-12 public education programsThe South Carolina Department of Education depends on SAS to analyze data and properly fund and serve its school districts.
- Customer Story Sophisticated text analytics help delve deeper into member enquiries and pinpoint areas for improvementTo take its industry-leading customer satisfaction to even greater heights, Nationwide set out to investigate why members get in touch and find better ways to resolve their enquiries.
- Customer Story Forecasting accuracy brings ‘new energy’ to CameroonEnergy supplier Eneo balances supply and demand to boost efficiency, save millions and improve reliability with SAS Energy Forecasting.
- Customer Story Prison violence dramatically drops with analytics-based risk assessmentThe Indiana Department of Correction uses real-time data and predictive analytics from SAS to reduce violent attacks on staff by 50%.
- Customer Story Property experts open analytics to new marketsNVM enhances real estate analytics with SAS Viya open architecture.
- Article Location intelligence: Adding geospatial context to BI Get tips for implementing a location intelligence data strategy from industry thought leader and data explorer, Jen Underwood.
- Customer Story Valencia College uses data-driven approach to improve outcomes in higher educationSAS Visual Analytics empowers administrators to easily manage enrollment, and adjust class availability and resources to help students succeed.
How Midsized Businesses Can Take Advantage of Big Data
This paper is a great how-to guide for midsized businesses looking to get started in data visualization. These seven practical tips will provide insight on how to get real results from data analysis and visualization.
Bringing the Power of SAS to Hadoop
Want to get even more value from your Hadoop implementation? Learn about the SAS portfolio of solutions that enable you to bring the full power of business analytics to Hadoop.
- Customer Story Analytics powers anti-money laundering effortsSAS helps Landsbankinn reduce false positives and streamline investigation.
Business Intelligence and Analytics Capabilities Report
This report, written by the International Institute for Analytics and sponsored by SAS, examines the relationship between business intelligence (BI) and advanced analytics (AA) in large organizations. The report is based on a survey of midmarket and enterprise businesses about their current BI environments and AA capabilities, including analytics skills and self-service options. Read this report to learn more about the biggest barriers to adoption for BI and AA, the best investments for both, common pitfalls, and how to increase analytics maturity and adoption in your company.
- Customer Story Finding your best customers with machine learningSeacoast Bank enhances customer value using AI and SAS Visual Analytics on SAS Viya.
Data Visualization Techniques
A picture is worth a thousand words – especially when you are trying to find relationships and understand your data – which could include thousands or even millions of variables. This paper takes you from the basics of charts and graphs to visualizing big data using SAS Visual Analytics.
Persuading With Data
This HBR Insight Center report examines best practices for using graphics, data and storytelling to make business cases, get organizational buy-in, train talent and win customers. Topics will include selecting the most relevant and compelling metrics, emerging practices and common pitfalls of data visualization and more.
- Customer Story Outsmarting fraudsters before it's too lateNationwide detects and prevents fraudulent activity with advanced analytics
- Customer Story Smart city uses analytics and IoT to predict and manage flood eventsThe Town of Cary, NC teams up with SAS and Microsoft to protect citizens from flooding, safeguard watersheds and support environmentally sound development.
- Customer Story Providing rich insight to help clinicians lead the fight against cancerPublic Health England’s National Cancer Registration and Analysis Service provides rich insight to help clinicians lead the fight against cancer
- Customer Story Artificial intelligence and IoT analytics keep aircraft operational for crucial missionsLockheed Martin revolutionizes aircraft maintenance with the SAS Platform.
- White Paper Eight Steps for Using Analytics to Gain Value from Text and Unstructured ContentThis TDWI Checklist Report discusses the relevance of text analytics for improving user experiences with the semi-structured and unstructured textual big data now at their disposal.
- Customer Story Strengthening communities with analytics in the cloudNonprofit consulting firm CNM uses SAS Visual Analytics on Amazon Web Services to help other nonprofit organizations measure and communicate the impact of their work.
- Customer Story Next-day deliveries in hand with analyticsParcel delivery company Relais Colis adapts to online shopping revolution by using SAS Visual Analytics to automate reporting, shorten delivery times.
- Customer Story Funding for ground-breaking childhood cancer research fueled by analyticsThe Kids’ Cancer Project uses SAS to improve fundraising efforts for vital cancer research.
- Customer Story University aces data strategy to retain more studentsBetter student outcomes, million-dollar savings just the beginning for the University of North Texas.
- Customer Story Driving fairer prices for car insuranceOcto Telematics drives fairer prices for car insurance. Deep insight into behaviour on the road enables insurers to reward safe drivers with low premiums and help bad drivers kick dangerous habits to the kerb.
- Customer Story New Zealand Ministry of Social DevelopmentThe New Zealand Ministry of Social Development uses big data to profoundly improve the lives of citizens.
- Customer Story Data visualization: Pathway to better customer insightUsing visual analytics, a major retail group pinpoints key trends in customer data to boost merchandizing and loyalty efforts.
- Customer Story A data-driven approach to whole person careRiverside County relies on data integration and analytics from SAS to improve the health and well-being of vulnerable Californians.
Using Next-Generation Advanced Analytics to Harness Big Data
Discover why Heavy Reading recommends using advanced analytics from proven vendors to obtain real-time intelligence from all your big data.
- Customer Story A new banking philosophy for enhanced customer loyaltyData-driven decisions help Royal Bank of Scotland transform its organizational processes, improve employee engagement and deliver excellent customer service.
- Customer Story Ensuring mental health patient safety during a global pandemicSAS delivers dashboard to monitor COVID-19 in the Copenhagen Regional Psychiatric Centers.
Managing the Analytics Life Cycle for Decisions at Scale
Let the SAS Analytics Life Cycle guide you through the iterative process of going from raw data to predictive modeling to automated decisions, faster. This paper tells you how.
- Customer Story Technology manufacturing backed by data transparencyVecima Networks optimizes its production process with SAS Visual Analytics.
- Customer Story Zeroing in on property values with machine learningArtificial intelligence improves assessment accuracy and productivity in Wake County.
- Customer Story Achieving academic and operational excellence through business intelligenceCurtin University uses SAS Visual Analytics to provide reporting across the organization.
Building an Analytical Culture for Success
An ambitious, culture-centric project reshaped people’s attitudes about data and quickly returned more than a $1 million in cost savings. See the six guiding principles that led to success where three earlier attempts had failed.
The Democratization of Analytics
International Institute for Analytics summarizes key questions and answers about grass-roots analytics and the business opportunities and challenges that go with this phenomenon.
- Customer Story Digital retailer bags record sales with analyticsShop Direct delivers award-winning, personalized customer experiences with SAS.
- Customer Story Building materials leader optimizes production using analyticsUSG Corporation relies on SAS to improve its manufacturing process and reduce downtime, costs and energy consumption.
- Article From living on the streets to owning a profitable businessZoe Empowers, a ministry for vulnerable children living in life-threatening poverty in Africa and India, finally found a way to measure and reveal its incredible impact. Using SAS, they developed an "empowerment index" that measures improvements in housing, health, education and more for program participants.
Using Analytics With Open Data to Build a Stronger Government
Learn how governments can use open data and SAS to pinpoint, analyze, solve and predict problems and uncover new opportunities.
- Customer Story A model of institutional research champions the value of analytics for allOklahoma State University uses SAS to create an analytics culture and increase student success.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Multimodal Predictive Analytics & Machine Learning, Q3 2020.Forrester report states that products evaluated are SAS® Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning and SAS® Model Manager.
Redefine Your Analytics Journey With Interactive Data Exploration and Predictive Analytics
What if your analytics journey were easier? It can be, in five easy steps. Learn how SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics together can provide a fast, fun way to explore data, build models and find the best performer.
- Customer Story Boosting institutional research with data governance and self-service reportingThe University of Idaho invests in SAS to give administrators access to trusted, insight-rich data.
- Article Is your data too big to visualize?Use these tips to find new ways to look at big data, so you can quickly collapse and condense the results in an intuitive fashion.
Making Big Data Actionable
This Harvard Business Review webinar explores how organizations can make big data useful and profitable by embedding analytics into business processes. Readers will learn how to find and communicate new insights more easily with compelling data visualization tools and techniques.
- Customer Story Community outreach and support for COPD patients enhanced through natural language processing and machine learningText analytics and sentiment analysis from SAS help the COPD Foundation provide health resources and emotional support for patients and caregivers.
- Customer Story Self-service analytics advances higher educationThe University of Central Florida depends on analytics and data visualization to uncover insights for increased student success.
- Customer Story Cancer treatment enters a new era with artificial intelligenceAmsterdam UMC uses the SAS Platform and AI solutions to increase speed and accuracy of tumor evaluations.
- Interview Data visualization: A wise investment in your big data futureData visualization: A wise investment in the future of big data. See how big data can show customer behaviour. Learn more.
- Customer Story Improving the fan experience with machine learningAEG Sports uses SAS® advanced analytics on Microsoft Azure to remain agile during uncertain times and plan for the ‘new normal’ of spectator sports.
- Article Are you good at scoring?Credit scoring is the foundation for evaluating clients who apply for a loan (or other types of exposure for the bank). It is not unusual for it to take up to 12 months to build and deploy a new credit scoring model. Reforming the process will help minimize losses, increase earnings and reduce operational risk.
- Customer Story Powerful analytics enables rich insights into ongoing clinical trials, enabling proactive interventionPowerful analytics from SAS enable SMS-oncology to give biotech clients rich insight into ongoing clinical trials, enabling proactive intervention.
TDWI Checklist Report: Gaining Business Value from Governed Analytics and Discovery
Discover the seven steps your organization can follow to apply a balanced governance strategy as you expand your use of self-service visual analytics and discovery in this TDWI Checklist.
- Customer Story Travel and tourism forecasts become more accurate with analyticsDER Touristik builds web-based planning tool with SAS to better predict future demand and quickly react to changes in the market.
How Any Size Organization Can Supersize Results With Data Visualization
Everyone makes better decisions with easy access to powerful, interactive analytics – no matter the size of the business. This e-book profiles six organizations that are using self-service data visualization and exploration to make big improvements in the way they work.
- Customer Story Using artificial intelligence to decode dance patterns of beesAmesto NextBridge and Beefutures use visual analytics and machine learning to help protect and support healthy bee populations.
- Customer Story Healthier lives for our four-legged friendsAgria uses SAS to provide better care for pets and peace of mind for their owners.
- Customer Story Making faster, better lending decisionsLocal Government Federal Credit Union sees efficiency gains with SAS.
- Customer Story Accelerating the evolution of risk analyticsRaiffeisenlandesbank Niederösterreich-Wien AG gains speed and accuracy with SAS High-Performance Risk.
- Customer Story Automated laboratories improve uptime with analyticsPredictive service and maintenance keeps Siemens Healthineers lab tests running on time.
- Customer Story Targeted offers give hockey fans the royal treatmentLA Kings extend hot streak off the ice with analytics-grounded customer intelligence.
Fast and Furious
White paper for IT that explains the components and deployment options for SAS Visual Analytics.
- White Paper Workforce AnalyticsThis paper explores how government HR functions can use advanced analytics, machine learning and AI to develop effective plans to meet hiring, retention and performance goals.
A New Breed of Self-Service BI That Both Business and IT Users Will Love
Discover why business users and IT professionals alike love using self-service analytics from SAS.
Advancing Your Business Intelligence With Location Analytics
SAS sees location analytics as an extension of BI, so we partnered with GIS leader Esri to bring GIS and BI together. Learn how users can now access self-service mapping and spatial analytics from within the intuitive SAS Visual Analytics tool.
The Power of Collaboration
This white paper explains the need for and value of the collaboration and self-service capabilities that SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Office Analytics provide. It provides how-to specifics for incorporating SAS Visual Analytics results with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and SharePoint with plenty of screen shots, explanations and architecture diagrams for IT.
Check out these products related to SAS Visual Analytics, built on the powerful SAS® Platform.
- SAS® Visual Data Mining and Machine LearningSolve your most complex problems faster with a single, integrated in-memory environment.
- SAS® Visual ForecastingGenerate large numbers of reliable forecasts – quickly and automatically – in an open environment.