Visualization & Reporting
SAS Visual Analytics
Now everyone can easily discover and share powerful insights that inspire action.
A single application for reporting, data exploration and analytics.
See the big picture – and underlying connections.
Quickly spot important relationships in your data using suggestions and clearly identified related measures. Use machine learning and natural language explanations to find, visualize and narrate stories and insights that are easy to understand and explain. Find out why something happened, examine all options and uncover opportunities hidden deep in your data. Automatically highlight key relationships, outliers, clusters and more to reveal vital insights that inspire action.
Turn seeing into understanding with dynamic visuals.
Create stunning interactive reports and dashboards. Quickly summarize key performance metrics and share them via the web and mobile devices. Executives and front-line staff can quickly interact with and collaborate on insights, slice and dice them to find their own answers, and better understand business performance.
Get answers backed by data, results driven by insight.
Easy-to-use predictive analytics enables even business analysts to assess possible outcomes and make smarter, data-driven decisions – no programming required. Smart algorithms reduce the need for manual experimentation. And you can work collaboratively with experts to focus on what’s most relevant.
Add the 'where' to the 'what.'
Add geographical context to your analyses and visualizations by combining traditional data with location data. Location analysis brings the “where” dimension to the forefront so you can analyze data in new ways to get the full picture before making decisions while identifying location-specific opportunities.
Streamline the discovery process.
Self-service data preparation gives business users the ability to import their own data, join tables, apply data quality functions, create calculated columns and more – all with drag-and-drop ease. By empowering users to access, combine, clean and prepare their own data in an agile – and trusted – way, SAS Visual Analytics facilitates faster, broader adoption of analytics for your entire organization.
Gain chat-enabled insights.
An intuitive, low-code visual interface enables you to create and deploy custom, natural language chatbots. Get text responses, access data, reports and visualizations, and even apply analytics and AI through a natural language, conversational interface. Configure bots within the SAS environment for easier access to insights, or connect to external services to roll them out to the world. Now getting insights from data is as easy as sending a message.
Leverage the best of both platforms.
Use Microsoft productivity tools from Microsoft 365 for seamless access to analytics from SAS. Drill down into your data, access and interact with reports in SAS Visual Analytics and embed insights in your Microsoft applications like Excel and Outlook. Then share them with your closest collaborators.
Try the latest SAS Viya capabilities.
Get a free, 14-day trial of SAS Viya, which includes SAS Visual Analytics, as well as capabilities for the entire analytics life cycle.
SAS Visual Analytics wins 'Users Love Us' badge from G2.
Interactive reporting. Visual discovery. Self-service analytics. Scalability and governance. All from a single, powerful in-memory environment.
Data access, preparation & quality
Access, profile, cleanse and transform data using an intuitive interface that provides self-service data preparation capabilities with embedded AI.
Custom chatbot creation
Create and deploy custom, natural language chatbots via an intuitive, low-code visual interface for chatbot-enabled insights and conversational user experiences.
Visually explore data and create and share smart visualizations and interactive reports through a single, self-service interface. Augmented analytics and advanced capabilities accelerate insights and help you uncover stories hidden in your data.
Interactive dashboards, reports, BI and analytics
Go directly from reporting and exploration, to analysis, to sharing information through different channels, including Microsoft Office applications, with a single interface.
Automated forecasting, goal seeking, scenario analysis, decision trees and more are at your fingertips, no matter what your skill level is.
Gain insight from social media and other text data and know whether sentiment is positive or negative.
Combine traditional data sources (transactional, customer, operational, etc.) with location data for analysis in a geographical context.
Discover the real stories hidden in your data – in seconds. The software automatically gives you suggestions and identifies related measures.
Embed individual visual insights from SAS Visual Analytics reports, build interactive stories or embed the whole interactive report or page into your custom web applications. Publish your insights that scale with the flexibility of live data or embedded data snapshots for data storytelling.
SAS Visual Analytics Apps for mobile devices
Use native mobile apps for iOS and Android to view and interact with others through dynamic reports and dashboards on tablets and smartphones.
Open integration for developers
SAS Viya's architecture is compact, cloud native and fast. Whether you prefer to use the SAS Cloud or a public or private cloud provider, you'll be able to make the most of your cloud investment.
Integration with Microsoft 365
Seamless integration between SAS for Microsoft 365 and SAS Viya enables you to embed powerful analytical insights from SAS within your Microsoft 365 applications, sparking collaboration and driving better-informed decisions.
Languages supported include Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Thai, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Polish, Russian, Arabic, Czech, Danish, English, Greek, Croatian, Hungarian, Hebrew, Norwegian Bokmal, Dutch, Norwegian, Brazilian Portuguese, Portuguese, Slovak, Slovene, Serbian, Swedish and Turkish.
Check out these SAS Visual Analytics interactive demos to see how quickly and easily you can explore and understand data to resolve a variety of industry and business issues.
- Banking Banking & Risk InsightsGet a holistic view of risk and performance across regions, down to the individual counterparty level.
- Utilities Water Consumption & QualityMonitor the quality and consumption of this critical natural resource.
- Retail Retail InsightsAnalyze regional store performance, and make data-driven decisions about retail business functions.
- Manufacturing Warranty AnalysisAnalyze warranty claims to quickly identify potential issues and their underlying causes.
Available on Your Preferred Cloud Provider
Conquer all your analytics challenges with faster decisions in the cloud.
Explore More on SAS Visual Analytics and Beyond
To browse resources by type, select an option below.
- Select Resource Type
- Analyst Report
- Blog Post
- Book Excerpt
- Case Study
- Customer Story
- White Paper
- Customer Story Breaking the cycle of poverty through advanced analyticsCompassion International uses advanced analytics to help millions of children from impoverished nations secure food, medical care and educational resources to grow, learn and thrive.
- Customer Story Managing Dutch roads and waterways with intelligenceA modern AI, IoT and analytics platform powered by SAS Viya helps Rijkswaterstaat move from reactive to predictive infrastructure maintenance.
- Customer Story Advanced analytics helps policymakers determine how new tax measures would affect citizensAscertaining the ‘winners’ and ‘losers’ of potential tax changes before regulations are implemented.
- Customer Story Optimizing cancer patient care with advanced analyticsSAS Viya helps create custom care pathways for Oscar Lambret Center cancer patients.
- Customer Story Automated safety reporting protects hospital patients in NorwayHelse Nord uses SAS to automate its hospitals’ processes and halves their workload.
- Customer Story Taking the guesswork out of production planningEuramax uses SAS to prevent production delays
- Customer Story Hospitals save time and money with real-time medical device tracking Jan Yperman Hospital uses Blyott and SAS Visual Analytics on SAS Viya to monitor hospital asset locations and ensure optimal purchasing decisions.
- Customer Story Improving data collection and modeling to accelerate predictive medicine effortsDompé farmaceutici uses SAS for predictive analytics and quantitative disease modeling.
- Customer Story Enhancing road safety with advanced analyticsBelgium’s FPS Justice uses insights from SAS Visual Analytics to crack down on excessive speeding and take more effective action against traffic violators.
- Customer Story Ensuring public transparency and one-stop access to crime data and analysisThe North Carolina Criminal Justice Analysis Center uses SAS Viya on SAS Cloud to improve data accessibility and efficiencies in gathering and reporting state and county criminal justice statistics to stakeholders, policymakers and citizens.
- Customer Story Making prisons and communities safer with data visualizationIowa Department of Corrections uses SAS Viya on SAS Cloud to better manage supervised populations, make informed decisions and improve public safety.
- Article Are you good at scoring?Credit scoring is the foundation for evaluating clients who apply for a loan (or other types of exposure for the bank). It is not unusual for it to take up to 12 months to build and deploy a new credit scoring model. Reforming the process will help minimize losses, increase earnings and reduce operational risk.
- Customer Story One of the largest multi-sport clubs in Portugal aims to win big with analyticsSport Lisboa e Benfica modernizes its operations with SAS Analytics, as it looks to expand internationally.
- Customer Story Norway’s largest telecommunications, media and technology provider adapts to rapidly changing customer expectations using a hybrid cloud approachTelenor relies on SAS Viya on Azure and SAS Customer Intelligence 360 to provide fast, personalized customer service based on real-time analytics.
- Customer Story Analytics helps major public health system run efficient programs and improve patient careThe Los Angeles County Department of Health Services relies on advanced analytics from SAS to meet federal regulations, ensure financial viability and better serve a diverse population of more than 10 million people.
- Customer Story It’s all in the research: Using AI to solve issues in health careWith the University of Alberta's new health data management and analysis platform, DARC, it can now increase research capacity and provide high-performance computing and data storage in a secure environment. SAS provided the university software to help make its platform thrive amidst a global pandemic.
- Customer Story Analytic models spotlight risky loansItaly’s Ministry of Economy and Finance uses advanced analytics on SAS Viya to quickly calculate risk on financial guarantees.
- Customer Story Italy’s second-largest hospital uses advanced analytics for effective pandemic responseGemelli University Hospital uses SAS solutions to predict admissions of patients in the intensive care units and impacts on the organization, from staffing hospital wards to effectively scheduling and managing COVID-19 vaccine administration.
- Customer Story Finland’s top retail bank applies AI to improve customer service and credit scoringS-Bank provides better customer service and faster, more accurate loan processing time using SAS Viya on Azure.
- Customer Story Real-time analytics helps telecom provider adapt to changing customer needs during global pandemic and beyondTelefónica Ecuador accelerates digital transformation, improves campaigns and achieves growth via intelligent decisioning powered by SAS.
- Customer Story Transforming the consumer banking experience through advanced analyticsCIMB Singapore uses SAS Viya to enhance business operations and keep pace with changing customer needs.
- Customer Story Delivery company relies on analytics to optimize logistics and swiftly meet changing marketplace dynamicsRelais Colis reinvents itself during global pandemic using SAS Visual Analytics to ensure continuity of business and quality of service.
- Customer Story Reaching 3.6 million football fans via comprehensive marketing analyticsThe Royal Dutch Football Federation relies on SAS Customer Intelligence 360 to better understand what motivates players and fans, engage audiences with personalized communications, and promote the love of the game.
- Customer Story Analytics helps ensure fair and balanced pay structures across Sweden’s public sectorTietoEVRY and SAS partner to help Sweden's largest employer organization, Adda, offer a nationally aggregated salary planning tool for municipalities and regions across the country.
- Analyst Report Gartner positions SAS as a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for Data Science and Machine Learning Platforms, Q1 2021Gartner positions SAS as a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for Data Science and Machine Learning Platforms for the eighth consecutive year.
- Webinar Getting Started With Geo Analysis in SAS® Visual AnalyticsSeeing is believing. Learn the geo analysis capabilities available in SAS Visual Analytics, available out of the box and through Esri integration.
- Customer Story Travel and tourism forecasts become more accurate with analyticsDER Touristik builds web-based planning tool with SAS to better predict future demand and quickly react to changes in the market.
- Customer Story Community outreach and support for COPD patients enhanced through natural language processing and machine learningText analytics and sentiment analysis from SAS help the COPD Foundation provide health resources and emotional support for patients and caregivers.
- Customer Story A data-driven approach to whole person careRiverside County relies on data integration and analytics from SAS to improve the health and well-being of vulnerable Californians.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Multimodal Predictive Analytics & Machine Learning, Q3 2020.Forrester report states that products evaluated are SAS® Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning and SAS® Model Manager.
- Article From living on the streets to owning a profitable businessZoe Empowers, a ministry for vulnerable children living in life-threatening poverty in Africa and India, finally found a way to measure and reveal its incredible impact. Using SAS, they developed an "empowerment index" that measures improvements in housing, health, education and more for program participants.
- Customer Story Prison violence dramatically drops with analytics-based risk assessmentThe Indiana Department of Correction uses real-time data and predictive analytics from SAS to reduce violent attacks on staff by 50%.
- Customer Story Funding for ground-breaking childhood cancer research fueled by analyticsThe Kids’ Cancer Project uses SAS to improve fundraising efforts for vital cancer research.
- Customer Story Cancer treatment enters a new era with artificial intelligenceAmsterdam UMC uses analytics and AI solutions from SAS to increase speed and accuracy of tumor evaluations.
- Customer Story A model of institutional research champions the value of analytics for allOklahoma State University uses SAS to create an analytics culture and increase student success.
- Customer Story Predictive analytics and AI deliver a winning fan experience The Orlando Magic uses mobile app data and machine learning to personalize marketing campaigns and analyze game data.
- Customer Story Forecasting accuracy brings ‘new energy’ to CameroonEnergy supplier Eneo balances supply and demand to boost efficiency, save millions and improve reliability with SAS Energy Forecasting.
- Customer Story Artificial intelligence and IoT analytics keep aircraft operational for crucial missionsLockheed Martin revolutionizes aircraft maintenance with the SAS Platform.
- Customer Story Property experts open analytics to new marketsNVM enhances real estate analytics with SAS Viya open architecture.
- Customer Story Boosting institutional research with data governance and self-service reportingThe University of Idaho invests in SAS to give administrators access to trusted, insight-rich data.
- Customer Story Next-day deliveries in hand with analyticsParcel delivery company Relais Colis adapts to online shopping revolution by using SAS Visual Analytics to automate reporting, shorten delivery times.
- Customer Story Automated laboratories improve uptime with analyticsPredictive service and maintenance keeps Siemens Healthineers lab tests running on time.
- Customer Story Self-service analytics advances higher educationThe University of Central Florida depends on analytics and data visualization to uncover insights for increased student success.
- Customer Story Smart data exploration advances K-12 public education programsThe South Carolina Department of Education depends on SAS to analyze data and properly fund and serve its school districts.
- Article Location intelligence: Adding geospatial context to BI Get tips for implementing a location intelligence data strategy from industry thought leader and data explorer, Jen Underwood.
- Customer Story Achieving academic and operational excellence through business intelligenceCurtin University uses SAS Visual Analytics to provide reporting across the organization.
- E-Book Improving Customer ExperienceEveryone makes better decisions with easy access to powerful, interactive analytics – no matter the size of the business. This e-book profiles seven organizations that are using self-service data visualization and exploration to make big improvements in the way they work.
- Customer Story University uses analytics to ensure student successWestern Kentucky University uses data visualization and advanced analytics to make informed decisions.
- Customer Story Using Hadoop and SAS for network analytics to build a customer-centric telecom serviceOTE Cosmote analyzes vast amounts of data to enhance customer experience, service and loyalty.
- Customer Story Better reporting yields better understanding of risk managementSAS Visual Analytics helps Erste Bank Croatia tackle diverse data for accurate analysis.
- Customer Story Valencia College uses data-driven approach to improve outcomes in higher educationSAS Visual Analytics empowers administrators to easily manage enrollment, and adjust class availability and resources to help students succeed.
- Article Is your data too big to visualize?Use these tips to find new ways to look at big data, so you can quickly collapse and condense the results in an intuitive fashion.
- Interview Data visualization: A wise investment in your big data futureData visualization technologies can help the practice of data-driven decision making really take hold. But putting data visualization software in the hands of business users? Is it crazy – or crazy smart?
- E-Book Augmented Analytics: The secret ingredient to better business intelligenceAugmented analytics breaks down the limitations of business intelligence (BI) and brings forward insights from data using AI and machine learning.
Check out these products and solutions related to SAS Visual Analytics.
- SAS® Conversation DesignerBuild custom natural language chatbots through an intuitive, visual interface – low/no coding needed.
- SAS® for Microsoft 365Get seamless access to analytical insights by using Microsoft 365 applications alongside SAS Viya.
- SAS® Visual ForecastingGenerate large numbers of reliable forecasts – quickly and automatically – in an open environment.