- Video See IoT industry examples in actionHow can analytics unlock the limitless possibilities in the Internet of Things?
- Article Your personal data scientistImagine pushing a button on your desk and asking for the latest sales forecasts the same way you might ask Siri for the weather forecast. Find out what else is possible with a combination of natural language processing and machine learning.
- Interview The scoop on HadoopCloudera co-founder Mike Olson talks trends, changes and outlines the formula for success with Hadoop.
- Article Hadoop survey results reveal use cases, needs and trendsHow are companies using Hadoop? Why are adoption rates still low? And why is it so important? Data professionals’ candid answers may surprise you.
- Article Become a strategic business partner using analytics in financeCollecting, validating and reporting information is no longer enough for finance professionals – it’s time to transform your role using analytics in finance.
- Article Exploring the sun with big dataResearchers working for NASA are using automatic, exploratory and visual analysis of big data to help understand the mysteries of our universe.
- Interview A brave new world of analyticsMike Frost from SAS explains how a modern analytics platform can help make sense of the new, complex data reality.
- Article Five tips for faster, data-informed decision makingThree educational institutions share how they use data visualization to drive data-informed decision making. Five tips that apply to all organizations.
- Article Toyota Financial Services’ CIO is a model for change: part innovator, part gatekeeper CIO Ron Guerrier walks a fine line, gently snuffing out rogue IT activities activities without impinging on the innovation and real-time needs that drove business users to adopt them in the first place.
- Research Unifying master data management with existing data practicesPhilip Russom, TDWI Research, offers tips for unifying master data management with data quality and data governance.
- Article I see big data. All the time. It’s everywhere.Big data is rapidly creeping into every element of our life. In this article, Tamara Dull from SAS Best Practices explores some big data examples - and how it will affect you.
- Article Soccer versus baseball: which is the best analogy for data governance?Is data governance more like baseball, featuring individual effort, or like soccer, where a team approach wins? Carol Newcomb evaluates the best sports analogy for data governance.
Fraud & Security
- Article Data management for cybersecurity: Know the essentialsSecurity teams tend to underestimate the importance of data management for cybersecurity. See the seven key reasons data management has been so difficult and five steps to getting it right.
- Article The online payment fraud stops hereBillions of dollars a year are lost to online payment fraud through channels that provide convenient – yet vulnerable – ways to shop and bank. See how to fight back and win with advanced analytics.
- Article Using text analytics to augment intelligence gathering Text data from social media is a boon for fighting crime, terrorism and fraud. Tom Sabo explains how the military is using analytics to make sense of all that data.
- Article Bringing government procurement fraud out of the shadowsAlthough procurement fraud is often overlooked, it can leave an organization open to significant losses. And while investigations can be quite in-depth and complex, the reality is we can detect and deter procurement fraud today.
- Article Marketing for the midmarketMidsized organizations know their greatest asset is customer data. With analytics and powerful data visualization they're improving customer engagements.
- Research It’s time for marketers to get serious about dataShould your data be doing more for you, or should you be doing more with your data? The answer for marketers is yes to both parts of the question.
- Article The marketer's dream: Harmonic convergenceCustomer journey maps, strong internal partners and clear strategies for change can help marketers align organizational efforts to foster peace and harmony.
- Article Customer loyalty in a digital worldCustomer loyalty offers a good news/bad news message. Loyalty programs are on the rise. Bad news? About 60 percent of your customer don't belong. Here are some ways to attract and retain the best customers.
- Article IFRS 9 and CECL: The challenges of new financial standardsIFRS 9 and CECL will require banks to more accurately predict expected credit losses (ECLs). This will require new credit loss models based on analytics.
- Article Even as stress testing matures, gaps in technology and coordination remainEven with significant investments in people and process improvements, a survey conducted by SAS and GARP finds that banks are not as robust and mature as they need to be in terms of their technology.
- Article Risk data infrastructure: Staying afloat on the regulatory floodWhat are the challenges of a risk data infrastructure and how can they be addressed? Here's what you need to know to build an effective enterprise risk and finance reporting warehouse.
- Intelligence Quarterly An executive perspective on risk and fraudHSBC's global risk COO on how the world’s second-largest bank uses data management, analytics and industry expertise to tackle financial crime and more.