Citizens expect constant access to city services. In addition to services such as water, gas and electricity, citizens also depend on effective transportation and security systems to get from place to place quickly and safely. As modern cities evolve to become smarter, leaders are faced with a variety of challenges. For example, how can leaders engage with citizens more effectively? Ensure the availability of clear air and water? Manage traffic congestion during peak hours? Make neighborhoods safer?
How SAS Can Help
Through the power of advanced IoT analytics with embedded AI and machine learning capabilities, SAS enables cities to deliver essential services, security and social protection. SAS drives value across the smart cities analytic life cycle by mining and analyzing IoT data where it lives – edge devices, in the fog or in the cloud – so you can:
- Better engage with citizens.
- Ensure the availability of clean air and water.
- Manage traffic congestion during peak hours.
- Make neighborhoods safer.
With SAS IoT enablement technologies, cities are equipped to:
- Understand what city- and citizen-generated data mean in the context of city goals.
- Make better-informed, accurate and timely decisions for enhanced citizen engagement.
- Deliver service responsiveness.
- Ensure operational excellence.
SAS IoT Analytics Solutions for Smart Cities
- Advanced Analytics for IoT from SASAnalytics for IoT is a powerful platform with embedded AI and industry-leading streaming capabilities that enables you to drive innovation, efficiencies and results. SAS LU
- Customer Story Managing Dutch roads and waterways with intelligence A modern AI, IoT and analytics platform powered by SAS Viya helps Rijkswaterstaat move from reactive to predictive infrastructure maintenance
- Customer Story & Video How streaming IoT data and advanced analytics help maintain COVID-19 vaccine integrity The North Carolina Collaboratory relies on SAS Analytics for IoT on Azure to harness the complex system of cold chain logistics, ensuring safe transport, storage and availability of COVID-19 vaccines statewide
- Customer Story & Video Smart city uses analytics and IoT to predict and manage flood events The Town of Cary, NC teams up with SAS and Microsoft Azure to protect citizens from flooding, safeguard watersheds and support environmentally sound development
- Customer Story Jakarta Smart City uses IoT analytics to better serve residents Jakarta and SAS team up to create an award-winning approach to public services and disaster management
- Customer Story & Video Advanced analytics helps airport efficiency take flight Fraport AG achieves smoother airport operations using SAS Viya on Microsoft Azure
- Customer Story & Video Municipality puts wireless water meter-reading data to work Town of Cary uses SAS Analytics to analyze data from sensors, assess demand, detect problems and visually engage customers