SAS® Grid Manager
You need a flexible IT infrastructure that meets peak computing demands reliably and cost-effectively. Now you can create a managed, shared grid computing environment with workload balancing, high availability and faster processing.
Balance your workload.
As your organization's use of business analytics grows, so does the need for a flexible IT infrastructure that can scale to increasingly diverse workloads. Easily reassign computing resources to meet peak demand. A central point of control lets you queue and prioritize jobs across multiple users and applications. High-priority jobs run immediately and computing resources are fully utilized.
Be ready for anything.
Having multiple servers in a grid environment means that if a server fails, its jobs transition seamlessly to another server. With a highly available, shared grid environment, you're always on and always connected. You can perform maintenance on specific servers without interrupting jobs. And add computing resources without disrupting the business.
Divide and conquer.
Now you can get faster results and scale cost-effectively. Divide individual jobs into subtasks that are run in parallel on the best available hardware. Programs with large data sets and long run times, and those with replicate runs of independent tasks running against large data sets, are best-suited for multiprocessing. Make the most of all your available computing resources now, then add single-processing units as needed to keep IT spending in check.
- Managed, shared environment. Delivers enterprise-class dynamic workload balancing for multiple users and applications.
- High availability. Includes several high-availability capabilities for all critical services.
- Grid-enabled SAS. Provides maximum processing efficiency with minimum user intervention.
- Real-time monitoring and administration. Includes an interface for configuring and managing high-availability services.
- Flexible infrastructure. Allows you to add computing resources as needed to meet changing demands.
Need consulting services? Training?
Check out our services offerings for grid
SAS Grid Manager delivers fast answers, better results.
Find out how SAS Grid Manager gives Catalina, a digital media company, the power to process large amounts of data without constraints.
Learn more about workload balancing in the SAS Grid Manager fact sheet.
Learn about The Total Economic Impact of SAS Grid Manager in this Forrester study.
Need complex analyses in less time? Read SAS Grid Computing for Dummies, 2nd edition.