Citizens expect constant access to city services. In addition to services such as water, gas and electricity, citizens also depend on effective transportation and security systems to get from place to place quickly and safely. As modern cities evolve to become smarter, leaders are faced with a variety of challenges. For example, how can leaders engage with citizens more effectively? Ensure the availability of clear air and water? Manage traffic congestion during peak hours? Make neighborhoods safer?
How SAS Can Help
Through the power of advanced IoT analytics with embedded AI and machine learning capabilities, SAS enables cities to deliver essential services, security and social protection. SAS drives value across the smart cities analytic life cycle by mining and analyzing IoT data where it lives – edge devices, in the fog or in the cloud – so you can:
- Better engage with citizens.
- Ensure the availability of clean air and water.
- Manage traffic congestion during peak hours.
- Make neighborhoods safer.
With SAS IoT enablement technologies, cities are equipped to:
- Understand what city- and citizen-generated data mean in the context of city goals.
- Make better-informed, accurate and timely decisions for enhanced citizen engagement.
- Deliver service responsiveness.
- Ensure operational excellence.
SAS IoT Analytics Solutions for Smart Cities
- E-Book Four Use Cases Show Real-World Impact of IoT
- White Paper Becoming a Smart City
- White Paper The Internet of Things Opportunities and Applications Across Industries
- White Paper Smart Communities & Data Analytics
- White Paper IoT and Transportation: How Analytics Makes Travel Faster and Safer
- White Paper Understanding Data Streams in IoT
- Customer Story Smart city uses analytics and IoT to predict and manage flood events The Town of Cary, NC teams up with SAS and Microsoft to protect citizens from flooding, safeguard watersheds and support environmentally sound development
- Customer Story Municipality puts wireless water meter-reading data to work Town of Cary uses SAS Analytics to analyze data from sensors, assess demand, detect problems and visually engage customers