Effectively address a wide range of intelligence analysis and investigation management needs. Identify, investigate and act on suspicious activities and events of interest quickly and easily with self-service capabilities that govern the complete life cycle of an investigation, search or inquiry.
Adapt quickly to changing needs.
Confront shifting tactics and emerging issues head-on. Our open, data-driven, hub-and-spoke approach gives you the agility to adapt to new trends and business problems, access new data sources and expand the solution's use across your business as needed. User-friendly administration and configuration tools – such as an interactive, drag-and-drop page builder – let you design and deploy new intelligence assets, and tailor the solution to each user's needs without requiring expensive customization.
Expose hidden networks faster.
An easy-to-use network viewer backed by powerful intelligence analytics lets you visualize and interactively explore entire social networks and their layout. You can expand or trim the the network, explore communities and individual relationships, and expose obscured patterns and hidden connections. Interactive entity resolution capabilities deliver the most accurate picture of complex relationships. Entity analytics highlights potential areas of interest, showing entity closeness, betweenness and influence. You can see the complex network of relationships between people, places, things and events over time and across multiple dimensions.
Conduct more efficient, targeted investigations.
A user-friendly interface empowers intelligence analysts and investigators to work more collaboratively and efficiently. Investigative workspaces provide interactive visualization and search capabilities for building, gathering, exploring, visualizing and manipulating data relevant to investigations and research. You can easily document findings by capturing views of search visualizations to narrate maps, timelines, networks and other content. Auditing information related to user activities is captured automatically by the system, and you can configure the level of detail captured to meet your compliance needs. In addition, you can design structured print templates that conform to regulatory requirements.
Turn insight into action. Fast.
We've automated much of the data management, triage and workflow to empower users and increase efficiency. With an easy-to-use interface, users can import data, perform advanced searches, and apply temporal or geospatial methodologies to identify key patterns, connections, people and events hidden in complex data. Alerts are intelligently prioritized for expedient triage, investigation and disposition. And analysts and investigators are empowered to initiate cases for deeper investigation, as well as actively route or make decisions on events of interest as they occur, virtually eliminating information lag.
Convenient Access Anytime, Anywhere
Now you can access SAS Visual Investigator on the go with SAS® Mobile Investigator. Users can search data, receive and process tasks, create new content and manage investigations from a multitude of mobile devices – all connected to SAS Visual Investigator with the added capability of device services such as GPS location detection on the map.
- Search and discovery. Perform free-text, field-based or geospatial searches across all data (internal and external). Refine searches using interactive filters and facets. And build complex queries using an intuitive interface, without needing to understand specific syntax.
- Surveillance. Author scenarios to uncover anomalous events and generate alerts for analyst review.
- Alert and event management. Discover events of interest and trigger alerts using advanced analytical models, business rules, scenarios or integration with third-party systems. Prioritize and route alerts for prompt triage, investigation and disposition. And automatically capture detailed governance, audit and compliance information related to key user activities within the system.
- Entity analytics. Use interactive entity resolution capabilities to determine entity closeness, betweenness and influence. See entire networks through the network viewer, and visualize complete networks and relationships using link expansion.
- Case management. Monitor and administer workflows, view workflow history, and enable users to easily see where their current workflow task fits in the overall workflow process. Get an overview of completed and incomplete workflow tasks and generate reports showing individual user activity.
- Investigative workspaces. Foster collaboration with interactive work areas for building, gathering, visualizing, exploring and analyzing data related to investigations or research.
- Administration and configuration. Easily customize the solution to adapt to changing needs. An open data model and straightforward administration configuration mechanism let you design interfaces, components and screens for displaying and working with data.
- Flexible deployment options. Minimize your total cost of ownership through cloud deployment options and configuration. Our architecture is engineered to run your analytics processing wherever you need, enabling you to deliver key functions with your preferred deployment model.
- Mobile Investigator. Search anytime, anywhere with remote access from mobile devices. With device location services and mapping, you can search data, receive and act on workflow tasks and create new content. Administer mobile properties, page templates, contexts and design mode.
This solution runs on SAS® Viya®, which has the breadth and depth to conquer any analytics challenge, from experimental to mission critical. SAS Viya extends the SAS Platform to enable everyone – data scientists, business analysts, developers and executives alike – to collaborate and realize innovative results faster, with flexible licensing and pricing options to accommodate your current and future needs.