SAS® Information Management
Go from raw data to analytic insights delivered at the point of decision
Everyone knows that the need to transform all types of data into valuable information is more important than ever. The need to use information as a strategic asset is critical. It really is not about the amount of data you have, or how much you can process – it is about capitalizing on all information assets that are available to provide the insights that drive fast and accurate decisions.
SAS can help you manage the entire information continuum with unified technology solutions and strategy and implementation services that span data, analytics and decision management. SAS Information Management enables organizations to fully exploit and govern their information assets to provide competitive differentiation and sustained success.
Components of SAS® Information Management
- Analytics Management – Manage, deploy and monitor analytical models, and use the outcomes as new information assets.
- Data Management – Manage and govern data with data integration, data quality, master data management and enterprise data access.
- Decision Management – Embed information and analytical results directly into applications or processes, while managing business rules, workflow and event logic.
SAS also provides a complete set of professional services for Information Management.
How SAS® Is Different
- Information management that is supercharged by analytics. In the same way that analytics is applied to other business operations to drive increased efficiency and value, analytics can be used to optimize routine data management responsibilities, providing the basis for strategic information management. SAS uses analytics in a variety of ways, resulting in an information management approach that delivers superior results.
- Comprehensive support for all use cases. SAS Information Management provides the flexibility to support all types of integration scenarios, including operational and analytical integration, data governance, master data management, etc., for greater organizational agility.
- Increased collaboration and governance for business and IT stakeholders. SAS product offerings, our technical and business expertise, and extensive pre- and post-sales support span the needs of both business units and IT. This collaborative approach includes the option to implement an information management center of excellence and can accelerate data and analytics governance.
- Flexible infrastructure for managing all data and the analytical life cycle. SAS supports multiple information and analytical paradigms. For example, SAS' unique "stream it-score it-store it" design is one pattern. Analyzing all of your data (instead of just a sample) using high-performance analytics is another. And, visualization and exploration capabilities for big data are yet another pattern. A strategic information management strategy plays a role in all of these, enabling you to manage all your data and the entire analytical life cycle.
- Improves the ability to make decisions based on the latest, most accurate information. With the ability to embed rich information and analytic services directly within operational applications, SAS brings the value of information and analytics directly to the point of decision. This provides a closed-loop information continuum that pushes results back into the information and decision life cycle.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.