Analytical Consultant (Data Mining).
SAS Institute LLC is seeking an experienced professional for the position of an Analytical Consultant within Retail Practice (Professional Services Department).
As an Analytical Consultant you will provide analytical services to current Customers. You will participate in end-to-end projects, which will include identifying data analysis needs, processing and exploring client data, translating business requirements into analytic methods, building analytic models, developing analysis reports, and presenting reports to Customers.
- Become proficient in the use of SAS software focusing on SAS/STAT, SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS Forecast Server, SAS Visual Statistics, SAS/OR.
- Conduct project requirements gathering.
- Support data acquisition, validation, and management from data sources.
- Develop analytical models to meet Customer requirements.
- Become specialist in dedicated business tasks solving using Data Mining and general Analytics.
- Work closely with the project team.
- Master's degree in Statistics, Applied Math or closely related field.
- Technical knowledge of Data Mining methodology and algorithms.
- 2 years of experience in analytical projects (retail industry / financial services / telecom).
- Experience with SAS / SPSS / Python / etc.
- Data Transformation skills, at least good SQL knowledge.
- Hands-on skills to work with Project Documents (Business Requirements Definition Document, User Guides, etc.).
- Ability to manage with stress situations, attentiveness, accuracy.
- Strong presentation skills (verbal, written, and presentation).
- Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly (verbally and in writing).
- Good written and spoken English (upper-intermediate).