Analytical Consultant (Data Mining)
SAS Institute LLC is seeking an experienced professional for the position of an Analytical Consultant within Pre-Sales Department.
As an Analytical Consultant you will provide analytical services independently or jointly with other departments to prospective and current customers. You will participate in end-to-end customer analytic requirements, which will include identifying data analysis needs, processing and exploring client data, translating business requirements into analytic methods, building analytic models, developing analysis reports, and presenting reports to customers. Your duties will also include SAS software demonstrations and positioning, marketing activities.
You will develop statistical and analytical systems and presentations for presale and consulting projects and sessions using knowledge of analytical methods and related SAS procedures and interfaces.
- Develop analytical models and code for processes to meet customer requirements.
- Data Mining and general analytical software positioning through presentations, discussions with clients, demonstrations, competitor’s analysis.
- Design and implement prototypes for use in pre-sales activities.
- Support data acquisition, validation, and management from data sources.
- Provide assistance to other members of the group in preparation of data for analysis.
- Work closely with clients transferring data and loading data onto company systems for analyses.
- Become proficient in the use of SAS software focusing on SAS/STAT, SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS Visual Statistics, SAS Factory Miner, SAS High-Performance Data Mining.
- Become specialist in dedicated business tasks solving using Data Mining and general Analytics.
- Serve as principal investigator on analytical presale and consulting projects;
- Conduct project requirements gathering.
- Work closely with the bid group in developing proposals and estimating services and calculating software fees.
- Arrange, prepare materials for, and facilitate meetings with clients.
- 1-2 years of experience in analytical projects.
- Experience with SAS Enterprise Miner or IBM SPSS Modeler.
- Data Transformation skills, at least good SQL knowledge.
- Technical knowledge of Data Mining methodology and algorithms.
- Master's degree in Statistics, Applied Math or closely related field.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Ability to manage with stress situations, attentiveness, accuracy.
- Strong presentation skills (written and oral).