Get the business insights you need – on your own. Act quickly. Make decisions confidently. Work more efficiently.
Be more productive by working autonomously.
No need for specialized skills. No coding or SQL required. Our visual interface makes data preparation easy by removing technical barriers and enabling you to blend, wrangle and shape data on your own – where it is then integrated as part of your reporting and analytics pipeline. This frees IT to focus on more strategic work, while you get insights needed to investigate data at will.
Prepare data faster so you're ready for action.
Minimize the time you spend preparing data so you can spend more time analyzing it. Prebuilt transformations and data cleansing functions run in memory to increase processing speed. Advanced analytics, data visualization and data preparation capabilities are seamlessly combined. The result? You have more time to explore data, get answers and react to situations in near-real time.
Reuse data preparation tasks for more efficiency.
Duplicated work wastes valuable time. SAS Data Preparation helps you share automatically generated code with IT so it can be scheduled to run during every source data update. You can also save data preparation plans to be used by others. Shared work leads to more productivity – and everyone benefits.
Collaborate with other team members.
Working with multiple members of your team on the same project has never been easier. With SAS Data Preparation you can share jobs as centrally managed assets. Project activity feeds can be set to notify teams and individuals of changes and updates. You can share and reuse tasks and existing plans, post updates and work together to boost productivity and generate more value from your data.
Try the latest SAS® Viya® capabilities
Get a free, 14-day trial of SAS® Visual Data Science Decisioning, which includes all the capabilities of SAS® Data Preparation as well as for the entire analytics life cycle.
With self-service data preparation from SAS, you can access, profile, cleanse and transform data using an intuitive interface. Get the job done without an IT or data specialist.
Explore More on SAS® Data Preparation and Beyond
To browse resources by type, select an option below.
- Select Resource Type
- Analyst Report
- White Paper
- Blog Post
- Book Excerpt
- Case Study
- Customer Story
- Séminaire web
- Article What big data has brought to the privacy discussionHow does big data impact your privacy? There are ways to balance privacy and security in an increasingly transparent and dangerous world.
- E-Book Data Preparation Challenges Facing Every EnterpriseData preparation
- Analyst Report Gartner positions SAS as a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for Data Quality SolutionsGartner positions SAS as a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for Data Quality Solutions.
- Article Streaming data: The ins and outs of this technology buzzwordLearn what streaming data is, why it matters to your business and how it relates to big data, event stream processing, data management and the IoT.
- Article Data integration: It ain't what it used to beOnce limited in scope, data integration now supports analytics and data-driven operational processes like real-time insurance claims processing and IoT apps.
- Article Public health infrastructure desperately needs modernizationPublic health agencies must flex to longitudinal health crises and acute emergencies – from natural disasters like hurricanes to events like a pandemic. To be prepared, public health infrastructure must be modernized to support connectivity, real-time data exchanges, analytics and visualization.
- Article How to improve data prep for analytics: TDWI shares best practicesGetting good results from your data means doing a good job of preparing the data for analytics. Find out what TDWI says it takes to get there.
- Customer Story Transforming the consumer banking experience through advanced analyticsCIMB Singapore uses SAS Viya to enhance business operations and keep pace with changing customer needs.
- Customer Story Advanced analytics fuels virtual banking with data-driven decisionsAirstar Bank relies on SAS for risk-based customer due diligence, money laundering detection and comprehensive credit risk management.
- Article GDPR and AI: Friends, foes or something in between?The GDPR may not be best buddies with artificial intelligence – but GDPR and AI aren't enemies, either. Kalliopi Spyridaki explains the tricky relationship between the two.
- Article Data lake and data warehouse – know the differenceData lake – is it just marketing hype or a new name for a data warehouse? Find out what a data lake is, how it works and when you might need one.
- Article The “problem-solver” approach to data preparationNoted technology author David Loshin explains why it's important to know what the problems are before getting data ready for analytics.
- Customer Story Taming the data beastThe largest home shopping outlet in Korea used SAS to improve data quality, speed up deployment, gain business efficiency and improve service.
- Article Personal data: Getting it right with GDPRTo learn more about the definition of personal data, why it’s in the news and why it’s being tightly regulated by laws like the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we interviewed Jay Exum, Privacy Counsel at SAS.
- Customer Story Knowing the who, informs the whatThe New Zealand Ministry of Health established the Virtual Data Registry to more accurately identify diabetes sufferers and citizens likely to contract diabetes. They'll use the database to inform policy and spending decisions that will ensure better care for those patients.
- E-Book GDPR compliance in a data-driven worldSome organizations focus on the scary aspects of failing to comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation. But there are many long-term benefits of following through with plans for sustainable GDPR compliance – such as gaining a competitive edge, or developing new products or services.
- Customer Story Building a culture of analytics empowers university to lead as an educational enterpriseFrom enrollment to graduation, the University of Texas at Arlington uses SAS Analytics for Education on Amazon Web Services to aid in analysis supporting student success and campus strategic decision making.
- Customer Story Improving loss ratios and profitabilityTriad Analytic Solutions helps insurers benefit from advanced analytics.
- Article Data management backgrounderFrom data integration to data quality and data preparation, find out what these terms mean and why they’re so important for your analytics projects.
- Article Five steps that can save your data analytics – and help you save faceThere’s nothing more awkward than watching analysts struggle to defend their results. Even if you think your process is rock-solid, things can go awry – unless you keep these milestones in mind.
- Article Components of an information management strategyBefore starting a data management strategy for your business, you need to understand each component. Data expert David Loshin breaks them down.
- Analyst Report Now Tech: Customer Data Platforms, Q1 2022This report helps you understand the value you can expect from a CDP provider and how you should select one based on size and functionality.
- Customer Story A data-driven approach to whole person careRiverside County relies on data integration and analytics from SAS to improve the health and well-being of vulnerable Californians.
- Article Big data integration: Go beyond 'just add data'Every business-focused technology requires users to "just add data." This article by Matt Magne explores why that's not as easy as it sounds, especially in a big data age.
- Article Data governance: The case for self-validationLearn why you should redefine data governance policies to empower customers to be accountable for keeping their personal data accurate, consistent and up-to-date.
- Article The five D's of data preparationFrom discovering which data is best to use, to delivering it in the right format to users, learn why these 5 D’s are essential to data preparation.
- Customer Story Identifying potential trouble spotsFlorida DOC turns to SAS Analytics to help improve citizen safety.
- Article Key questions to kick off your data analytics projectsThere’s no single blueprint for starting a data analytics project. Technology expert Phil Simon suggests considering these ten questions as a preliminary guide.
- E-Book Data Privacy: Are You Concerned?
Check out these products and solutions related to SAS Data Preparation.
- SAS/ACCESS® SoftwareRead, write and update data regardless of its native database or platform.
- SAS® Data QualityImprove the value of your data – and maintain that excellence – for better data-driven decisions.
- SAS® Information GovernanceUnderstand, create awareness of, control and manage data resources for business and IT users while protecting the data.
- SAS® Visual AnalyticsVisually explore all data, discover new patterns and publish reports to the web and mobile devices.
- SAS® Viya®Relevez tous les défis analytiques, qu'ils soient expérimentaux ou stratégiques, en accélérant la prise de décisions dans le cloud.SAS Viya permet à chacun (data scientist, analyste métier, développeur ou décideur) de collaborer, mais aussi de développer et d’opérationnaliser ses analyses.