Stay ahead of emerging risks and changing regulations. SAS has helped financial institutions achieve more than 90% model accuracy, reduce false positives by up to 80% and improve the SAR conversion rate fourfold.
Expose complex, hidden networks.
Quickly uncover emerging, complex money laundering and terrorist financing threats with network and entity generation processes that automatically build network diagrams and reveal hidden relationships. Advanced analytics enables entity resolution by looking at multiple data sources and references to a customer, then accounting for inconsistencies, errors, abbreviations and incomplete records to help determine whether they relate to the same entity.
Improve operational efficiency.
Empower AML investigators with an integrated, configurable, user-friendly alert and case management solution that offers self-service capabilities and intelligently prioritized alerts for expedient triage, investigation and disposition. An interactive, drag-and-drop page builder lets administrative users conﬁgure settings, views and workﬂows to tailor the application for unique business or user requirements.
Rely on comprehensive suspicious activity monitoring and reporting.
Gain more comprehensive risk coverage with a hybrid approach to monitoring transactions. This approach combines proven rules to detect known risks with advanced analytic techniques – including machine learning, deep learning and AI – to identify unknown risks and hidden relationships. Administrative users can create, govern and update program-defined monitoring rules with a custom, built-in scenario builder. Integrated workflow management helps AML teams seamlessly create cases and file regulatory reports with government authorities.
Comply with customer due diligence and beneficial ownership rules.
Quickly verify customer information at account opening using customer onboarding capabilities. Our risk-based, scalable approach supports the complete customer life cycle – from initial onboarding to ongoing customer due diligence efforts. Analysts and investigators can review events on a continuous basis – as they happen – instead of reviewing over longer time intervals. Sophisticated visualization capabilities allow AML investigators to quickly spot and monitor beneficial owners.
Screen customers and transactions against watchlists.
Screen transactions and customers in batch against a wide variety of watchlists. Our superior scoring algorithm − with organization-specific filtering rules, unique name matching analytics, multilingual screening capability and alert consolidation − generates high-quality hits with low false positives.
Gain complete transparency.
Ensure success with internal model governance boards and external regulators through an open box (transparent) environment. SAS Anti-Money Laundering offers complete visibility into scenarios that trigger red flags and provides clear explanations regarding alert generation for outcome auditing.
Explore More on SAS Anti-Money Laundering and Beyond
To browse resources by type, select an option below.
- Select resource type
- Analyst Report
- Executive Brief
- Fact Sheet
- Industry Overview
- Product Brief
- Overview Brochure
- Solution Brief
- White Paper
- White Paper
- Blog Post
- Book Excerpt
- Case Study
- Customer Story
- Customer Story European Banking-as-a-Service leader strengthens its AML/CFT and fraud surveillance system with SASTreezor uses SAS Anti-Money Laundering to stay ahead of emerging risks, improve operational efficiency and expedite investigations.
- Article The great divide: Getting convergence right this timeThis article from ACAMS Today explores the convergence of AML, fraud and cyber, and discusses the challenges and opportunities it presents. It also examines the role of people, processes and technology in combating financial crime while considering the future of financial crime prevention in the digital age.
- Article 4 strategies that will change your approach to fraud detectionAs fraudulent activity grows and fighting fraud becomes more costly, financial institutions are turning to anti-fraud technology to build better arsenals for fraud detection. Discover four ways to improve your organization's risk posture.
- White Paper Proactive anti-financial crime strategies to improve compliance and reduce riskIn today’s fast-changing landscape, become more effective across all stages of AML investigations by following this framework and shift to a proactive, risk-based approach.
- White Paper Next-generation AMLSix tips to modernize your fight against money laundering.
- White Paper Banking in 2035: global banking survey reportWhat trends do banking leaders consider to be the greatest risks and the greatest opportunities? What internal and external barriers stand in their way? What technologies will help them harness the opportunities ahead? Download the report to explore.
- White Paper Banking in 2035: three possible futuresThis paper explores how the major forces affecting banks may evolve between now and 2035, seen through the lens of three potential scenarios.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Anti-Money Laundering Solutions, Q3 2022SAS Anti-Money Laundering, which helps fight money laundering and terrorist financing with AI, machine learning, intelligent automation and advanced network visualization, is named a Leader in The Forrester Wave.
- Analyst Report IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Responsible Artificial Intelligence for Integrated Financial Crime Management Platforms 2022 Vendor AssessmentLearn why SAS is positioned in the Leaders category in the 2022 IDC MarketScape for worldwide responsible artificial intelligence for integrated financial crime management platforms.
- Analyst Report Chartis RiskTech Quadrant for Trade-Based AML Solutions 2022SAS is named a category leader in the Chartis RiskTech Quadrant for Trade-Based AML Solutions, 2022.
- Analyst Report Matrix: Leading Fraud & AML Machine Learning PlatformsSAS is a best-in-class vendor in the most recent Datos Insights report, Matrix: Leading Fraud & AML Machine Learning Platforms.
- Customer Story Fighting financial crime through a global anti-money laundering platformBangkok Bank uses advanced analytics from SAS to meet expanding anti-money laundering requirements for global operations and ensure compliance keeps pace with dynamic regulatory frameworks.
- Customer Story Advanced analytics fuels virtual banking with data-driven decisionsAirstar Bank relies on SAS for risk-based customer due diligence, money laundering detection and comprehensive credit risk management.
- Analyst Report SAS named Best in Class in Matrix: Case Management to Combat Global Fraud and Money LaunderingAite names SAS Best in Class in Matrix: Case Management to Combat Global Fraud and Money Laundering.
- Customer Story A risk-based approach to combat money laundering in IsraelSAS Anti-Money Laundering helps Ayalon Insurance monitor suspicious activity and meet challenging regulatory requirements.
- Article Next generation anti-money laundering: robotics, semantic analysis and AIAnti-money laundering taken to its next level is sometimes referred to as AML 2.0 or AML 3.0. What does this next wave of AML technology look like? What can it do that you can’t do with traditional AML? See the results innovative financial institutions around the globe are already getting.
- Customer Story Fast analytical defenseDeutsche Kreditbank AG combats fraud and money laundering with SAS.
- Article Mobile payments, smurfs and emerging threatsM-payment remittances are replacing traditional banks and money services that have historically charged high fees for small transfers. Former US Treasury Special Agent John Cassara maps what he sees in the road ahead and gives advice for protecting your firm.
- White Paper Rethinking customer due diligenceHelp evaluate your organization's CDD processes and technology relative to current industry risks and regulatory requirements.
- E-Book Fight money laundering with these 5 next-gen game changers from SASEffectively battling dynamic financial crime threats requires new capabilities for AML defense – such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, intelligent automation and advanced visualization.
- White Paper How AI and Machine Learning Are Redefining Anti-Money LaunderingMachine learning can play a big role in the defense against money laundering, either to automate tasks that formerly required human intervention, such as managing the data to train models, or detect more financial crimes risk that rules and more basic analytic techniques might miss.
- White Paper AI Is at the Forefront of Reducing Money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism See how artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML) and robotic process automation (RPA) are helping firms overcome the challenges, improve results and make AML/CFT programs more efficient and effective.
- White Paper Fighting Money Laundering with Intelligent AutomationThe world of money laundering and other financial crimes is changing rapidly. This International Institute for Analytics research brief shows how fraudsters and money launderers keep getting more sophisticated.
- White Paper AML ModernizationThis white paper explores current organizational challenges, outlines the benefits of new AML technology adoption, and identifies how to embark on a journey of discovery and modernization.