SAS® Certified Professional:
Advanced Programming Using SAS® 9.4
Test your true merit as a SAS Programmer. Write and execute SAS code during your exam.
During this performance-based exam, candidates will access a SAS environment. Building on your skills earned with a Base Programming Credential, you will now work with SQL, the SAS Macro facility, and advanced coding techniques such as arrays, hash objects, and PROC FCMP.
Coding challenges will be presented, and you will need to write and execute SAS code to solve them. Your code and results will be assessed by a scoring macro that will determine if you solved the challenge correctly.
Have questions? Read our FAQs.
Successful candidates should have experience in programming using SAS 9.4 and should be able to:
- Use advanced DATA step programming statements to solve complex problems.
- Write and interpret SAS SQL code.
- Create and use SAS macros.
Performance-based Advanced Programming Exam Tutorial
You will access SAS software during your exam. Please watch this instructional video that will demonstrate how to navigate both the exam and the lab environment.
Limited time offer for current Certified SAS Base and Advanced Programmers
Update your SAS Programming Certification for free..
You must take your exam by December 31, 2021. Space is limited and not guaranteed.
Exam Content & Pricing
Candidates who earn this credential will have earned a passing score on the SAS 9.4 Advanced Programming Performance-Based Exam and hold a current SAS Base Programmer for SAS 9 or SAS Certified Specialist: Base Programming Using SAS 9.4 credential.
This exam is administered by SAS and Pearson VUE.
- 10-15 programming projects and 10-15 standard exam questions.
- The programming projects will be assessed by a SAS scoring macro. More information about this assessment method can be found in our FAQs.
- Passing score is 725; uses a score range from 200 to 1,000 points. For more information about scaled scores, see our FAQ.
- 2 hours, 5 minutes to complete the exam. Total Pearson Appointment time will be 2 hours, 30 minutes to allow for introductory material.
- Use exam ID A00-232; required when registering with Pearson VUE
- Use exam ID A00-234 if you currently hold the SAS Certified Advanced Programmer for SAS 9 credential. This is a shorter, less expensive delta exam. It is 75 minutes, 14-18 questions, and costs $75 USD.
- This exam is based on SAS 9.4 M5
Exam fee: $180 USD
Training & Exam Preparation
Your one-stop guide to help you prepare for SAS Certification.
This practice exam is available at no cost. Select the exam below to activate your free e-learning.
(You will need to login to your SAS profile or create a new profile if you do not have one already).
Academic Discounts for Students & Educators